Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB situation ramble
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,940

QB situation ramble

Feb 12, 2016, 3:41 AM

Okay the withdrawals are starting to get bad so I figured this could waste a little time. What is yalls take on the quarterback position the next few years?
Watson starts, KB is back up, Cooper Redshirts
2017(assuming Watson goes pro)
KB, Cooper, Johnson and Brice 4 way battle and the latter of the two RS if they do not win?
Assuming KB stays at quarterback do we even take a highly rated quarterback in this cycle or will the stockpile scare them away?

I know these situations are a ways away and all that matters is this coming season but what say you??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB situation ramble

Feb 12, 2016, 4:47 AM

2018- the fort Dorchester qb Joyner has been openly declaring his love for Clemson and he will likely be at least a 4star.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 12, 2016, 5:57 AM

odds are he will be the #1 or #2 dual threat qb in the 2018 class

Feb 12, 2016, 5:59 AM

So, I guess from your ramblings( your word, not mine) that Tucker Isreal is just destined to be a sideline warrior relegated to sending plays to the "real" QB's? He broke all of Tebow's records in Florida, seems to be both talented and competative enough so, maybe "we" should you go ahead and encourage him to move along? Just please let this young man know of your decision so he can plan accordingly. I fear if he ever really did a chance to play, he'd be treated like Cole Stoudt and quite honestly, that's a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Feb 12, 2016, 8:34 AM

I think Israel is better than people give him credit for, partially because when KB came in he ran over people with his legs, partially because Israel has literally been gone for a year due to injury. I think he gives KB a run for his money. I'm not saying we literally have Drew Brees 2.0 waiting in the wings, but he's that type of player. No he won't kill you with his legs, but he's supposed to be extremely smart and can chuck the ball. And with an O-line, we won't necessarily have to rely on a running QB to move the ball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo throws everyone a curve ball

Feb 12, 2016, 7:22 AM

KP still has 2 years left.LOL

The QB that possesses the best combination of...........

Feb 12, 2016, 8:11 AM

running ability (athleticism) and passing ability will win. Our OCs can and will cater to the strengths of our QB(s), but I would assume that the offense is "at it's best" when our QB can pass while being a threat to run, that being said.......

What little we've seen of KB, he can run no doubt. Personally, i think he can pass better than many are giving him credit for, they didn't let him do that much this year with his limited snaps.

I've only seen film on Cooper, he looks like DW4 throwing the ball

Johnson and brice i'm unfamiliar with i know they're pro style QBs, but not sure if that means a "statue pocket passer" or an athletic pocket passer (ie seth russell @ baylor)

knowing what we know now i'd prolly say KB or Cooper.......i think israel gets lost in the mix....jmo

Feb 12, 2016, 8:35 AM

I'd maintain that our QB situation is an enviable one . So are our RB/OL and WR/TE positions.
There are so many good positions that we are in .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

A bit better than a couple of years ago when

Feb 12, 2016, 9:39 AM

we had a true freshman QB, an average backup guy and a walk-on. One got hurt and we only had 2 QBs left. Our 3rd guy was the scout team QB. It could have gotten ugly

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,940
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic