Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB recruiting streak?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,441

QB recruiting streak?

Aug 16, 2018, 6:34 PM

2020 QBs. So, other Cali QB commits to (real)USC, in-state QB from Myrtle commits to (not real)USC and DJ remains uncommitted

I believe all were at Junior day throwing. I know DJ and instate kid were. The way this is playing out, are these subtle signs that DJ was the favorite here and a good shot to commit to Clemson? or am I just fantasizing?

because why would instate kid be here and have a "decent" amount of interest in Clemson and then just a couple months later throw his whole life away, I mean commit to USCjr, unless he saw the writing on the wall that the coaches loved DJ and DJ loved Clemson?

thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB recruiting streak?

Aug 16, 2018, 6:57 PM

I live in Myrtle Beach, and the quarterback from MB attended Coach Swenney's camp this summer hoping to get an offer from Clemson. I assume that he also attended a USUck summer camp and caught the eyes of their coaching staff. He has not started a high school football game for the Seahawks until they kickoff this his senior season.

Aug 16, 2018, 7:05 PM

JT daniels reclassified to start for USC this year. For 2020 USC already has another 5 star QB commit. DJ has stated that the battle is between Oregon and Clemson. People who were at the opening and other camps stated that he is very in love with Clemson and they think it would take a lot for him to go elsewhere. Now I don't exactly love the fact that he lives across the country but I do think we have a lot more than just a chance here. I think we're favored here as I've heard from multiple people.

Aug 16, 2018, 7:57 PM

Thanks all,

Follow up question. Is this DJ kid for real? cause I heard one analyst compare him to Cam Newton?

Anyone know more on him?

Aug 16, 2018, 11:46 PM

Yes, my only concern is that he gets drafted high enough in the MLB draft to not go to college.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 17, 2018, 12:49 AM

That may not be that huge of concern. QBs are making more than right handed pitchers at this point. Baseball would be a much bigger concern if we got somebody like Jerrion Ealy, who to this point maintains he wants to play college football.

Aug 16, 2018, 11:43 PM

Here in Horry...word is the Doty kid is/was a big Clemson fan. At Dabo camp, supposedly we told him we were not ready to offer a 2020 qb at the time. Then, the love fest between DJ and Clemson happened and we offer DJ the next day. Doty’s #### is chapped and he jumps on Coots offer. Now I have no idea about this Doty kid, he may be the next Tom Brady....but how many stud QBs fail to win the QB1 position in HS until there Senior yr? Like another poster stated, he’s yet to be a starter in the HS ranks

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,441
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic