Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB Killer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,054

QB Killer

Sep 28, 2020, 10:15 AM

Pretty crazy stat on Muschamp from a post on FGF...He has no trouble recruiting top QB prospects.

But then he ruins them. The only ones to find success and get to the NFL are the ones who transfer out:

Dating to his Florida days, Muschamp has always recruited well.During his career, he’s landed 2 quarterbacks ranked No. 1 in their class, 3 guys ranked No. 2, a No. 3 quarterback in his class and a No. 4. Here’s a list of the blue-chip quarterbacks he’s landed:
Jeff Driskel (No. 1 dual-threat QB, 2011 — Florida)
Jacoby Brissett (No. 3 pro-style QB, 2011 — Florida)
Will Grier (No. 2 pro-style QB, 2014 — Florida)
Treon Harris (No. 9 ATH, 2014 — Florida)
Brandon McIlwain (No. 2 dual-threat QB, 2016 — South Carolina)
Jake Bentley (No. 12 pro-style QB, 2016 — South Carolina)
Dakereon Joyner (No. 9 dual-threat QB, 2018 — South Carolina)
Ryan Hilinski (No. 2 pro-style QB, 2019 — South Carolina)
Luke Doty (No. 4 dual-threat QB, 2020 — South Carolina)
Gunner Stockton (No. 1 dual-threat QB, 2022 — South Carolina)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB Killer

Sep 28, 2020, 10:24 AM

When you’re 18, you think you’re invincible and you can do anything. <<< This is the only line of reasoning I can imagine a top shelf QB would commit to a Muschamp led team at this point, given the clear and obvious facts.

Everybody else is watching a train about go off the cliff from a mile away, while these QBs are thinking they’re the next Joe Montana, regardless who’s coaching them.

Sep 28, 2020, 10:31 AM

I think many of these are situations where Muschamp is just making promises to the player with the highest recruiting ranking and not doing any evaluations. All of the better coaches see the flaws in these QBs games and have another QB higher on their want list, so these guys end up falling to Muschamp even though they are very good HS players. HS results don't always translate to college, and the best coaches see this better than recruiting analysts it seems.

Sep 28, 2020, 11:05 AM

I expect their 5* QB commit will decoot them when he sees how bad they are and how poorly coached they are. IF he doesn't, I would question his intellect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2020, 11:07 AM

I think his high school coach is Connor Shaw's dad.

I expect him to stay committed because I'm guessing the brainwashing has been going on a while with that kid.

I haven't seen the kid play, but if he is as talented as his ranking implies then it's a shame his high school coach is letting bias get in the way to helping the kid find what's best for him at the next level.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,054
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic