Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Put a bet on Etienne to win the Heisman...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Put a bet on Etienne to win the Heisman...

Aug 11, 2019, 4:53 PM

At the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas. Got 40:1 odds, and placed a big bet. My buddy behind me bet $20 but got 30:1. When he griped, the guy says “Blame your buddy. His bet just moved the odds down that far.” ??????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Put a bet on Etienne to win the Heisman...

Aug 11, 2019, 6:24 PM

Unless TL misses some games, ain't no way ETN wins the Heisman because this passing offense could put on a historic display.

That said, 40:1 odds are too high. If you are a betting person, probably worth a flier.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2019, 8:12 PM

You can’t make much betting on TL. Odds suck.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2019, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Put a bet on Etienne to win the Heisman... ]

Let's not forget the ol "Lawrence and ETN will cost each other votes" if they both go to New Yoke City.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2019, 6:26 PM

I’ll take that bet.
A RB has won something like only 4 times in last 20 years.
I don’t have exact number. But QB is your best bet.

Aug 11, 2019, 6:34 PM

I concur! I think Etienne has Heisman ability and I hope he has a Heisman type year! But, the voters love them some QB's!
I mean, some people try to do QB's like they do starting pitchers in baseball! Wins in x number of starts and so on. So, it will be hard but a great thing to see if they both have outstanding seasons!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2019, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Put a bet on Etienne to win the Heisman... ]

So for every $1000 I bet you, you’re willing to pay me $40,000 then, correct?

that $40,000 will be nice***

Aug 11, 2019, 6:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2019, 8:51 PM

I'm in the minority here, but the reason ETN won't win the Heisman is because I expect the passing game to be the story this year. ETN's numbers will be great just like last year, maybe slightly better. But he will be overshadowed by TL and the receivers.

ETN's focus this year should be proving he's a complete back (i.e, pass blocking and receiving). If he does that, not only will that help the offense go to another level, it proves he is a 3-down NFL back. Forget chasing 2,000 rushing yards and a chance at the Heisman. Ain't worth it.

Aug 11, 2019, 9:06 PM

I think he runs just as hard and has more yards by a bit; and improves his catching ability and pass-pro! I think he does it all; but if TL has a solid season it won't be enough! The voters love QB's and the chances of a RB on the same team with an awesome QB winning it are not good. Even if they are awesome themselves!

Either way - "it's a win/win for Clemson"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Put a bet on Etienne to win the Heisman... ]

Also, the voters already love TL. TL will win it if he stays healthy imo. If it's not him it will be another QB.

It's going to be a tough year for a RB to win with both

Aug 12, 2019, 8:32 AM

Tua and Trevor around. Usually when a RB wins the Heisman it's because of a down QB year. That may already be reflected in the odds though.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic