Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Purple jerseys
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Purple jerseys

Nov 19, 2013, 3:34 PM

I say we are wearing purple against citadel. Just from everything I've seen in interviews and such points to it? Who agrees or disagrees?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Purple jerseys

Nov 19, 2013, 3:40 PM

I personally don't think so simply because we haven worn all orange for solid orange day in 2 years. Maybe I will be surprised and we come out in all purple. I honestly wouldn't mind it because it's against the citadel, and IMO it would be pretty cool and make it that much more of a memorable day.

I hope we wear this combo...

Nov 19, 2013, 3:40 PM

Love the Orange helmet / Purple Jerseys / Orange Pants look. Best way to display school colors.

Agreed...that's a good look***

Nov 19, 2013, 3:42 PM

i personally think that should be our home uniform

Nov 19, 2013, 3:46 PM [ in reply to I hope we wear this combo... ]

permanently, end of story.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love that uniform.

Nov 19, 2013, 4:41 PM [ in reply to I hope we wear this combo... ]

I like how it puts both of our prominent colors on display. I like how the purple jersey is sandwiched inbetween the orange helmet and pants, and I like that the stripe on the pants matches that on the helmet. Great combo. But, I'm betting that on Saturday we see the orange tops with white bottoms (which I think is a really classy look) since Dabo is hammering it in that that combo is our "brand".

Agreed, but hope you are wrong...

Nov 19, 2013, 4:46 PM

Dabo seems to think the school colors are orange and white only. He needs to bring a little purple back now and again.

100% agree

Nov 19, 2013, 5:49 PM

it's not about uniforms and being fashionistas and losing tradition. It's about being proud of being the only orange and purple school in the entire nation and why we don't celebrate that boggles my mind when we profess to be so unique in so many other areas. We are unique in a lot of areas but i'm sick of hearing about white when we should shove orange and purple down the whole nation's throats and i could care less about "ugly" and all of the other BS. Blame Riggs for bringing it if you like. It's Clemson and only Clemson and that accounts for something to me and a LOT of the older Clemson folks pre 1970.

Re: 100% agree

Nov 19, 2013, 11:22 PM

WELL SAID!! Official colors are Orange and Purple. Would like to see more of it.

I wish that you guys, and folks like my Uncle

Nov 20, 2013, 12:14 AM

class of '55 who played for Coach Howard in Orange jerseys with Purple numbers and Purple pants his entire four year career at Clemson could stand up and give a class to all of the folks who think that Clemson is Orange and White and tradition started in the '70's when they got rid of Purple and brought in Navy that made us look like about 15 other schools in the nation instead of Clemson and ONLY Clemson. It frustrates the hell out of me to hear this anti-purple stuff coming from people who don't realize how big Purple was pre 1970 at Clemson. Orange will always be the dominant color and represent Clemson but we are not Orange and White or Orange and Navy and never have been. You should hear my Uncle rail about it when he gets his old Purple letterman's jacket out that is Purple as the day is long with a block Orange C on it. The Baseball team is the only one that truly "gets" it with their unis.

Do you have any cool pics from your uncle's days?

Nov 20, 2013, 8:44 AM

I'd love to see some if you got 'em.

i don't but he does back in SC where he lives

Nov 20, 2013, 9:54 AM

i'm stationed in San Diego for the next two years. When I go home on leave for Xmas i'll see if i can five finger discount one or two. I've seen some, including the old individual ones they used to take of the players running and doing Heisman like poses carrying the ball, etc. He's a crusty old fella who stays irritated by the lack of purple and will tell everyone he talks to what he thinks about things like the Orange and White cheer at DV, etc....."we ain't GD Tennessee!". LOL

Re: Agreed, but hope you are wrong...

Nov 20, 2013, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Agreed, but hope you are wrong... ]

Rather not see purple ever again. Dabo is right for keeping it traditional orange/white. Lots of programs who need cheap publicity and have garbage programs change up uniform colors to get a buzz.

Just a little busch league in my opinion. We should always be orange/white

Our uniforms have always been orange and white

Nov 20, 2013, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Agreed, but hope you are wrong... ]

at least for football.

Purple didn't come about until the 90's.
The crowd used to scream "ORANGE" and then the other stands would echo "WHITE!" at home football games.
I think football needs to stick with ONLY orange and white with all orange for BIG games when the team deserves it.

Like we should have worn for FSU, or UGA, or USuC last year. It would've made the games more significant in the heads of the players and coaches IMHO.

Are you a troll?

Nov 20, 2013, 11:29 AM

Or just ignorant? Clemson wore purple quite often pre-1970.

wow, i guess you think Clemson Football started in '70

Nov 20, 2013, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Our uniforms have always been orange and white ]

the uniforms were orange jersey's with purple numbers and purple pants for home, white jerseys purple pants ALL through the 40's, 50's and 60's then went to white pants on the road in the 60's. They had orange and purple shoulder stripes on the white jerseys. The home unis had no white on them at all through this era. They were orange jerseys and purple pants on the road. You tube '51 Orange Bowl and check it out. "Always" doesn't just mean the era in which you lived.

This is my favorite:

Nov 20, 2013, 8:03 AM [ in reply to I hope we wear this combo... ]

Purple on white.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

what i liked about those was the orange numbers

Nov 20, 2013, 9:58 AM

on the jersey. Clemson colors whether you like it or not....ONLY Clemson so there's no confusion. On another note, i see you were probably on Clemson's drumline. I was on SCSU's Marching 101/Bongo Brothers drumline from '87 to '89 (snare) myself. Good times back then bringing the heat.

Re: This is my favorite:

Nov 20, 2013, 9:59 AM [ in reply to This is my favorite: ]

So we look like Furman?

Re: Purple jerseys

Nov 19, 2013, 3:41 PM

I hope so but sure wouldn't bet on it. Probably orange and white....

roy said they will be wearing all purple***

Nov 19, 2013, 3:46 PM

Re: roy said they will be wearing all purple***

Nov 19, 2013, 3:50 PM

Oh man, I don't know if I like the all purple look.

I love the uniform combo I posted above and this though:

Nov 19, 2013, 3:52 PM

And if you watched the video of the athletic department. There aparently is a new style purple uniform. I wanna see it, But i hope they didn't take notes from Maryland and or VT's rock head.. good God..

Nov 19, 2013, 3:56 PM

This was posted awhile back.

Not sure if these are the unis or not.

Nov 19, 2013, 4:01 PM

It would be sick if we wore that.

Nov 19, 2013, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: roy said they will be wearing all purple*** ]

Not really a fan of the stripes or the helmet. Especially the helmet.

This is fan made, not real.***

Nov 19, 2013, 4:25 PM

Re: This is fan made, not real.***

Nov 20, 2013, 10:57 AM

Nike released these concepts in 2009, minus the stripes. Those are fan photoshopped in. Besides that, everything else is from Nike.

That must make it fact then

Nov 20, 2013, 10:11 AM [ in reply to roy said they will be wearing all purple*** ]

since Roy decides what the team wears

I prefer the purple tops and white pants***

Nov 19, 2013, 3:51 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Completely agree but it's a purple out....

Nov 19, 2013, 4:03 PM

and the word is the team will wear all purple. What is unclear is whether the purple out includes the helmets too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Completely agree but it's a purple out....

Nov 19, 2013, 4:09 PM

Now your getting me excited.

That's what she said !!!

Nov 19, 2013, 4:10 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't own purple or white helmets***

Nov 19, 2013, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Completely agree but it's a purple out.... ]

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless they were obtained specifically for this game.***

Nov 19, 2013, 4:35 PM

^^^ About as likely as See-Through Rally Cat Unis.***

Nov 19, 2013, 4:36 PM

So you're saying there's a chance ?!?!***

Nov 19, 2013, 4:50 PM

Re: Unless they were obtained specifically for this game.***

Nov 20, 2013, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Unless they were obtained specifically for this game.*** ]

What in the world dude. We aren't going to have any freaking purple helmets. Please stop.

Are You Sure about that?

Nov 19, 2013, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Clemson doesn't own purple or white helmets*** ]

Rumor has been floating around that they have been sitting on these for a while...who knows?

Message was edited by: The FIGHTINGDABOS®

Message was edited by: The FIGHTINGDABOS®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

That pic has been floating around for years....

Nov 19, 2013, 5:21 PM

and goes back to before Dabo's time as head coach.

I don't think it's authentic. It's just a sample someone created to make people go hmmmmmmm.

Although I can tell you that when I was a student-athlete at Clemson back in the early to mid 80's, a couple of my teammates and I walked in to the training room in Jervey one afternoon and there was a purple helmet sitting on one of the tables. It was purple with orange and white stripes across the top and had orange tiger paws on each side.

The trainers told us not to get too excited that it was just a sample that Riddell make to give Coach Ford soething to think about. Minutes later I specifically heard Coach Ford tell the trainers to put it up before anyone else ssaw it because he didn't like it.

Re: That pic has been floating around for years....

Nov 20, 2013, 10:04 AM

Surrrrrreeeee you did. Danny Ford. The king of wearing only orange/white. The one guy who didn't give a crap what we wore as long as his team produced on the field.

I have another story. When I was a student back in the 2000s I heard straight from Tommy Bowden's mouth that we were covering all of our helmets in diamonds. The guys heard about it so he decided against it.

I am positive.***

Nov 19, 2013, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Are You Sure about that? ]

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's a collectible mini-helmet***

Nov 20, 2013, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Are You Sure about that? ]

Besides orange tops and white pants, I think the purple top

Nov 19, 2013, 4:06 PM [ in reply to I prefer the purple tops and white pants*** ]

And white pants is a very classy look.

Purple top and orange pants looks horrible.

Speaking entirely for myself...

Nov 19, 2013, 4:12 PM

I do not like the combination of orange tops with purple pants or the purple tops with orange pants.

Know any equipment managers?

Nov 19, 2013, 4:19 PM

They would know? I may or may not know one that may or may not have said we wont be wearing any purp.

Re: Know any equipment managers?

Nov 19, 2013, 4:32 PM

Earlier in the year Hot-Rod did a tour of the Westzone. While in the equipment room he pointed out a rack of purple jerseys and stated "cant wait to bring these out this year" so either it will be Saturday or bowl game if we are classified as the home team.

Yes I saw the vid. And they've had purple jerseys on site

Nov 19, 2013, 4:34 PM

for 2 years now. Usually wear them at the BBall games when they honor the FB team.

Doesn't mean that they'll wear them on Gameday.

Purple Jerseys

Nov 19, 2013, 10:00 PM

I'm going to cast my vote for the purple jerseys and white pants, with the orange helmet. That way we have all the colors covered, and we'll be looking #### good

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Re: Purple Jerseys

Nov 19, 2013, 10:33 PM

I don't like (or understand the history of) the purple.

I also think Clemson should use orange/white and market the black stripe. (more than the paw)

Big NO to the Cincy Bengals look.

Nov 20, 2013, 8:46 AM

No thanks. Orange and Purple is unique to Clemson, and Clemson Football should embrace it more like the Basketball and Baseball teams do.

Dabo Reserves Purple

Nov 20, 2013, 12:00 AM

for special occasions. Well, Saturday "purple out" is a very special occasion. I say they will be in purple.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PURPLE OUT means all purple

Nov 20, 2013, 9:01 AM

at least 90% .... I like it for military day to salute the ones that sacrifice soo much for the country ! One day a year would be fine.
I like both orange and purple. I like my TIGERS no matter what they
wear. Seniors last day should allow them have a say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: PURPLE OUT means all purple

Nov 20, 2013, 9:11 AM

So for the 12 games, 6 home, 6 road, here is what I'd like to see for the uniform combos:

4 home games = Orange on White

1 home game = All Orange

1 home game = Purple on White OR Purple on Orange

--

4 away games = All White

1 away game = White on Orange

1 away game = White on Purple

--

Everyone wins this way. The folks that like the business uniforms, they get 8 games with either orange on white or all white. For the folks that like to mix it up, they get a little variety.

Sorry, but no

Nov 20, 2013, 10:08 AM [ in reply to PURPLE OUT means all purple ]

it's to get the fans to wear purple

no guarantee the team is coming out with purple/purple

C'mon people - can we just focus on what's important?

Nov 20, 2013, 10:18 AM

Do you guys think Dabo will be rocking the umbrella this Saturday? Will he hold it himself, or have a debonnaire assistant carrying it for him? Also, color combinations for said umbrella? I'm going with that weird hat color combo he wears during practice.

Dabo hates purple, if we wear them h will stick to tradition

Nov 20, 2013, 10:59 AM

Purple jerseys and white pants with the normal helmet. Dabo is a traditionalist and doesn't believe in flashy uniforms. He doesn't even do all orange anymore.

You have no clue what you are talking about...

Nov 20, 2013, 11:27 AM

The team is wearing purple on Saturday. You can tweet that.

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic