Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Puerto Rico Open . . . the rest of the story . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Puerto Rico Open . . . the rest of the story . . .

Feb 23, 2020, 9:56 PM

We all know . . .

Kyle shot -4 today and ended at -15 and tied for 3rd Place . . . He earned $159,000 for his efforts AND 83.33 FedEx Cup Points (moved up 44 positions).

Ben, -1 today, -12 for the Tournament, tied for 14th Place . . . Earned $50,250 AND 29.75 FedEx Cup Points (moved up 11 positions).

DJ, +1 today, tied for 52nd Place . . . Earned $7,110 AND 2.98 FedEx Cup Points (dropped 7 positions).

It was fun watching them whack it about!!! Sorry I missed them today . . . but I had to do them same!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Puerto Rico Open . . . the rest of the story . . .

Feb 23, 2020, 10:12 PM

Hated seeing Kyle make a bogey on the 18th hole and going from a 3rd place finish all alone to finishing in a 3 way tie for 3rd.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he missed a short putt for par . . .

Feb 23, 2020, 10:36 PM

on 18 yesterday that cost him another stroke!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he missed a short putt for par . . .

Feb 23, 2020, 10:43 PM

Still a good weekend for Kyle,he is getting close to winning...just a matter what course he plays if it fits his game or not

I really wish Doc would have played this weekend!!!

Feb 23, 2020, 10:50 PM

He would have competed and placed well in this event . . . Just a gut feeling . . .

You are correct . . . $159K and nearly 100 FedEx Cup Points is nothing to sneeze about!!!

Re: I think he missed a short putt for par . . .

Feb 24, 2020, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: I think he missed a short putt for par . . . ]

He and Ben both played the last three holes in two over, and both bogied 18, a reachable par five.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 11:50 PM

Talking about FedEx points, did anyone hear the b45 minute interview with Peter Kostis about him and Gary McCord getting fired from CBS. I don't have a link (will try and find it), but it is fascinating. Talks about seeing Patrick Reed cheat at least four times, yet couldn't mention it on the broadcast because Frank Chirkinian always told them that they were NOT to be the story, only report the story.

I think Kostis is the best on course commentator .... period!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 12:51 AM

I delivered pizza (second job) to PK during the Masters a few years ago. I recognized his voice, not his face.

He was embarrassed to be recognized at all. Love to hear him talk about the game he loves. Nothing embarrassing about that.

Peter Kostis podcast:

Feb 24, 2020, 3:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Puerto Rico Open . . . the rest of the story . . . ]

https://twitter.com/NoLayingUp/status/1229968292334444544

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Peter Kostis podcast:

Feb 24, 2020, 10:39 AM

Best line: “it’s been my experience that players who cheat just believe they’re invisible. They think that if they’re totally cool no one will notice.”

Then he goes on to say “He may not know he’s cheating. I can’t judge intent. All I can do is observe.”

But if a player’s lie is difficult before he places 4 different clubs behind the ball, and then easy afterwards, it’s clearly a benefit, and he clearly didn’t benefit by natural causes. He cheated.

Kostis cites 4 different times Reed cheated. He says on one occasion—he names the tournament, the hole and location, and club used—the ball had to move imperceptibly because when Reed finally got ready to strike the ball he (Kostis) was able to read the label from the tower.

Some of the professionals are no different than your weekend playing partners. Just slicker.

Re: Peter Kostis podcast:

Feb 24, 2020, 9:50 PM

The ball may not have moved but he did tamp down all the grass behind the ball with multiple irons, then used a 3 wood for his actual swing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 24, 2020, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Puerto Rico Open . . . the rest of the story . . . ]

Can’t believe CBS fired him. It seemed the other broadcasters deferred to him and his expertise. Very surprised by this.

'ppreciate the info...***

Feb 24, 2020, 10:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic