Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So now we both have a Freshman All-American suspended
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

So now we both have a Freshman All-American suspended

Aug 25, 2012, 11:01 AM

for the opener? No way this guy plays next Saturday, right? Word is this guy was still sitting in jail at 7 am this morning before he was bailed out.

AUBURN, Alabama – Auburn center Reese Dismukes was arrested for public intoxication Friday night and released on a $300 bond, according to Lee County Sheriff online records.

Auburn athletic officials are aware of the arrest and are gathering information about the incident, said someone familiar with the situation.

Dismukes started all 13 games and won freshman All-American honors last season, and is expected to be a mainstay in the offensive line this year. Tunde Fariyike, a sophomore who played sparingly last season, is the backup center.

Auburn opens the season next Saturday against Clemson in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in Atlanta.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/08/auburn_center_reese_dismukes_a.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We will continue to gather information and punishment will

Aug 25, 2012, 11:05 AM

be handed down when all the facts are gathered."

i.e. When we play La Monroe or Troy or whatever scrub team AU plays this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So now we both have a Freshman All-American suspended

Aug 25, 2012, 11:08 AM

He'll play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just as I was pretty certain Sammy would be suspended, I'm

Aug 25, 2012, 11:10 AM

betting this guy plays. I guess that tells you what I think of both coaches personally.

Re: Just as I was pretty certain Sammy would be suspended, I'm

Aug 25, 2012, 11:21 AM

They do what ever they do. As for us Sammy should be suspended. It was a bonehead move by him. Hopefully he learns from it. We need to man up and BEAT Auburn. Setting ourselves up to whine about who they play is most unbecoming and I'm glad it our team isn't focusing on that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the Auburn player plays, but***

Aug 25, 2012, 11:20 AM

If the Auburn player plays, but Sammy doesn't , I hope the announcers make a big deal about it.***

Aug 25, 2012, 11:23 AM

Another SEC coach recently said...

Aug 25, 2012, 11:24 AM

“You want him suspended for having a beer and he’s underage? How many football players would be playing if they had a beer and they were underage?” - Steve Spurrier

Now we'll see if Chizik feels similarly or if he uses this opportunity to develop character in one of his players.

I'm sure that if he doesn't suspend him

Aug 25, 2012, 11:29 AM

we'll get a Sunday School lesson from Brother Gene about how grace is God thing...

Re: Another SEC coach recently said...

Aug 25, 2012, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Another SEC coach recently said... ]

You want him suspended for having a beer and he’s underage? How many football players would be playing if they had a beer and they were underage?” - Steve Spurrier

I'm not a big Spurrier fan, but he's got a good point on that one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big difference betwee a beer and publc intoxication!

Aug 25, 2012, 11:42 AM

So no it is not a good point!

Public intoxication is breaking the law.

Aug 25, 2012, 11:48 AM

Having a beer isn't even close to public intoxication.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Public intoxication is breaking the law.

Aug 25, 2012, 11:53 AM

Underage drinking is also breaking the law. Spurrier looks even worse after he did the PSA against underage drinking. That's what really makes Spurrier's remarks worse.

I bet you're just the life of every party*****

Aug 25, 2012, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Big difference betwee a beer and publc intoxication! ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it wasn't public intoxication . . .

Aug 25, 2012, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Big difference betwee a beer and publc intoxication! ]

it was consumption of some amount of alcohol by a minor.

It was an exellent point, Pastor.

TECHNICALLY Spurrier is right...

Aug 25, 2012, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Another SEC coach recently said... ]

yeah college kids drink. but the whole uproar about that quote by spurrier is not about underage drinking but the message it sends once you start to condone it. point is, it's illegal and as the guy who should be a coach and leader for these kids, he should not condone it. if they got caught, they get in trouble. those are the rules. the "it's ok because everybody does it" reasoning is completely BS. you can start at underage drinking and it turns into smoking pot or something else minor. point is, he's setting a precedent by saying its no big deal. i expect nothing less of ole ball sac and i would be extremely disappointed if i ever heard those words out of dabo's mouth.

Glad you approve of SOS and how he handles discipline and

Aug 25, 2012, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Another SEC coach recently said... ]

you're not a SOS fan???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think that Cheesedick will suspend anyone important

Aug 25, 2012, 11:39 AM

for this game. I could be wrong, but I doubt it

They won't suspend him and so what. Makes it all that much

Aug 25, 2012, 11:45 AM

better when we whoop that hind end.

Re: So now we both have a Freshman All-American suspended

Aug 25, 2012, 11:54 AM

Where did U see that??? Not one time did see the word "suspended"!!!!he will start and plat every snap!! this is the SEC we are talking about here... get real!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dismukes

Aug 25, 2012, 6:31 PM

Suspended indefinitely.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic