Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pruitt to Tennessee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Pruitt to Tennessee

Dec 6, 2017, 9:41 PM

Will be interesting to see if he coaches Bama in our game.https://twitter.com/jimmyhyams/status/938596566058795008

Message was edited by: Moosehead

Message was edited by: Moosehead

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

link??***

Dec 6, 2017, 9:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pruitt to Tennessee

Dec 6, 2017, 9:57 PM

Coaching in the playoffs broker the deal. Pruitt turned em down as tenn wants him now. He said no. Per mark packer tonight

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2017, 9:57 PM

Coaching in the playoffs broker the deal. Pruitt turned em down as tenn wants him now. He said no. Per mark packer tonight

That's ridiculous if true. Saban has way too much control over

Dec 6, 2017, 10:06 PM

his assistants.

Re: That's ridiculous if true. Saban has way too much control over

Dec 6, 2017, 10:21 PM

Maybe Pruitt wants to coach in the playoffs..

He’s a moron if he allows his desire to coach in the playoffs

Dec 6, 2017, 10:29 PM

to cost him a head coaching job at a major program. Plus, even if Tennessee let him do that, it would give them almost no chance of salvaging their 2018 recruiting class.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

UT is probably that desperate now.***

Dec 6, 2017, 10:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: He’s a moron if he allows his desire to coach in the playoffs

Dec 6, 2017, 10:50 PM [ in reply to He’s a moron if he allows his desire to coach in the playoffs ]

I don't think it's "desire", I think it's "contract".

Nick's gotten burned with assistants bailing on him right before playoffs the last few years; my understanding is that his assistants were compelled to sign "coach through playoffs" clauses in their contracts before being hired.

You understand's Saban's point. We'll give you the opportunity of your life; if you want it...hey, finish the bloody job, don't bail on us right when games get really important.

I didn’t think about it from a contract perspective.

Dec 6, 2017, 11:06 PM

Makes complete sense from Saban’s perspective to put that in there. On the flip side, it makes it harder for the assistant to go elsewhere and be successful, especially early on. But I realize that Saban doesn’t care about that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dec 6, 2017, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: He’s a moron if he allows his desire to coach in the playoffs ]

What about Lane? Where was the contract of loyalty there? Ha

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2017, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: He’s a moron if he allows his desire to coach in the playoffs ]

Contracts are broken all the time. They Mean Nothing for coaches. So he leaves for Tenn what is Bama gonna do? Lock him up? Hold his family hostage? He bolts and there is nothing they can do.

Lne Kiffin tried to coach the playoffs and was...

Dec 7, 2017, 2:56 AM [ in reply to Re: He’s a moron if he allows his desire to coach in the playoffs ]

handed walking paper by Coach St Nick.

Dec 6, 2017, 10:05 PM

Just saw on secespn byline that they are trying finalize the deal. That would be good fo us. Go tigers

Dec 6, 2017, 11:09 PM

If he does stay thru the playoffs will his heart be in it ? Short timers tend to lose their edge.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic