Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prosecution Blew It
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,032

Prosecution Blew It

Jul 24, 2015, 3:41 PM

Caller on Walt's show said the prosecution blew this one and I totally agree. For the life of me I cannot understand why Clemson University did not get involved as much as possible and demand a prosecution team with tons of experience. This kid get off basically "scott free". The guty who hacked Auburn University's Toomer tree got 3 years!
IMO a first year law student could have done better than this group of losers on the prosecution side. Embarrassing to say the very least.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not so sure since they had great expert on "relics".

Jul 24, 2015, 3:50 PM

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not so sure since they had great expert on "relics".

Jul 24, 2015, 4:00 PM

Depends on the difference between a relic and an historical artifact. How many witnesses did they call to testify as to its "worth/value to them? If answer is none, why not.
The Rock is revered by thousands upon thousands of people associated directly or indirectly with Clemson University. I would be willing to bet that they prosecuted without any "showmanship" which was a major mistake.

Re: not so sure since they had great expert on "relics".

Jul 24, 2015, 5:00 PM

A sports memorabilia expert testified for the prosecution. That's how they established the value.

How much of the trial did you see?***

Jul 24, 2015, 3:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much of the trial did you see?***

Jul 24, 2015, 4:02 PM

Surf: I could not attend the trial but anyone would be within their rights to get a transcript of what happened.

I agree. If I cut down the Angel Oak, would they value it at

Jul 24, 2015, 4:25 PM

$400? If I cracked Plymouth Rock?

I would have done a valuation on the tourism it generates, T-Shirts created and sold, .......

But they did not.

I didn't cut it down but my girl and I carved our initials..***

Jul 24, 2015, 4:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prosecution Blew It

Jul 24, 2015, 5:19 PM

The solicitor played the hand that was dealt him. There was no ID, no confession, no piece of rock,
He put up a nationally known expert for valuation purposes. Could Clemson have had the rock appraised prior to trial? Probably, but each charge has elements that the solicitor has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt

I predicted on Monday that the valuation on the charges would be the issue, and excluding all Clemson related potential jurors just insured the valuation would probably be less than the $2K threshold
I am a coot but I do not condone any destruction of the rock

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,032
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic