Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Proof Etienne far superior than any other RB in the country
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,381

Proof Etienne far superior than any other RB in the country

Dec 3, 2019, 10:49 AM

Hubbard had 141 more attempts and only 5 more TDs and 550 more yards (141 more carries though)Plus their team had nothing else to play for so i'm sure there was a ton of garbage yards in there.

Taylor had 111 more attempts and only 4 more TDs and 375 more yards (111 more carries though)Could you imagine Etienne with just 50 more carries.

Dobbins had 82 more attempts and only 3 more TDs and 271 more yards (82 more carries though)

Etienne rushed for almost a first down every carry on average. 8.2 yards. The other guys are at 6.3. Man i wonder what his numbers would have been with 100 more carries like these other guys. He's undoubtably the best RB in the country and should've been added to the Doak Walker Award list and either Dobbins or Hubbard should've been out. But i'm a clemson fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Proof Etienne far superior than any other RB in the country

Dec 3, 2019, 11:06 AM

Not to worry. The college football world will clearly see your point executed on the field in the next few weeks.

this I know. But for the future of recruiting I want those

Dec 3, 2019, 1:44 PM

guys to know that they will have a shot at these awards. Bc the problem is the voters are the media guys who regurgitate this ACC is weak garbage and then impose that onto the deeds and accomplishments of our players. Dabo is doing a great job of calling the media out and exposing idea. Maybe not all the media is meaning harm, maybe they don't really know they're doing it, but they are doing it and guy like Etienne or Higgins should be in the running for these awards because they belong there.

Re: this I know. But for the future of recruiting I want those

Dec 3, 2019, 1:49 PM

If we run Etienne more, there's the injury and freshness concerns, but also it would mean fewer touches for the WRs, which would lessen the WRU image and damage recruiting of WRs.

Balance......

Dec 3, 2019, 1:48 PM

ETN!

Dec 3, 2019, 1:57 PM

Two sides to your numbers though. Yes all of those statistics are valid because Etienne's YPC alone is absurd no matter what kind of offense he's in, but it's also valid to point out that Etienne plays on an absolutely loaded offense that generally spreads defenses out and forces them to leave a ton of open running lanes. Wisconsin runs a lot of I-Form looks with a TE and a FB, everybody they play knows they're going to run the ball, and Taylor still puts up great numbers.

Dec 3, 2019, 2:48 PM

...which I think is good for RB recruits to consider too. If you go to an I-formation team, you will get more carries but equal yards. More risk, more 'damage'. We can put RBs into the NFL with fresh legs and minimal lost time to injury.

Dec 3, 2019, 4:54 PM

But a guy like Taylor is going to go in the 1st round, and Etienne will very likely go in the 2nd and may fall to the 3rd if scouts really hammer his blocking ability. That's a huge difference in guaranteed money which is a big deal with the way the NFL likes to churn through RBs these days.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,381
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic