Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Projected starting lineup for next year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Projected starting lineup for next year?

Jun 4, 2019, 11:00 AM

Never to early to speculate right, I want to hear yalls opinion as well. I don’t know much about the class coming in so I’ll leave them out just for the sake of me not looking dumb. I apologize for the length.

C: Wilkie
1st: Bryar
2nd: Hall
SS: I don’t even think Monte knows who
3rd: Parker
LF: Kier IF healthy/ Bo
CF: Teo
RF: Green
DH: Davis If not pitching/ Fairey/ Hack

Weekend starters: Davis, Mat, Strider
Midweek Starter: Raffield, Henny, or Keyshawn
Main Bullpen guys: Carson, Weatherly, Owen, Holt, Lindley

Still a young team but we have promise, pitching staff SHOULD be much improved next year, and if not See should be gone. But really the main question is at short, the only problem with having the same guy start at the same position for 3 years is that no one else gets PT at that spot so it’s a toss up who takes it. And with Nunez most likely going pro, Logans apparent heir is now not even going to step foot on campus. Hopefully Monte has another guy who can play short in this class coming in. Next years team will definitely have promise, can’t wait to see how the boys do in the Fall and do next spring. Go tigers

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Projected starting lineup for next year?

Jun 4, 2019, 11:25 AM

I think for the most part that’s correct with the lineup. Wouldn’t surprise me if Askew doesn’t become our Saturday or Sunday starter and flip flop with Strider. Will depend on what kind of fall Strider has as to how far along he is.

We got some other good kids coming in that may play as freshman. The good thing about Monte’s recruiting the last couple years is athletes who can play multiple positions... so SS shouldn’t be a problem.

Hopefully Wilkie takes the reigns and becomes a good leader that we need. Michael Green can too imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2019, 9:26 PM

Have u noticed how much Duke baseball has gotten since Andrew See left , their pitchers are so much better than they were under See ?? Maybe Clemson needs to look into finding a new pitching coach . It seems like our pitchers give out of steam at the end of the year , every year .
Coach Lee has to make some changes , also i don't much of Starbuck as a third base coach ,
What changes do u think Coach Lee needs to make ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2019, 11:03 PM

Not sure tbh because I don’t know much about the assistant coaches. Monte seems to be bringing in the talent but that talent appears to be stagnant and not progressing well.

Someone posted at tci that Crawford went from like a 4-1 winner and 3+ era in sophomore year, then last year as a weekend starter was 6-3??? W era 4+ to this year 1-6 w era 6+... numbers are wrong but points being it appears he got worse. He did get hurt this year in scar series and was never the same.

So, not being vague, just don’t know but Dabo stepped up and did the hard thing and parted ways with Steele- whom I add was highly respected and regarded as a D coach.

I keep hearing how great See is, and he probably is, but maybe just not the right fit for Clemson. Sometimes you have to make the tough changes. Hopefully Monte steps up and makes the right call.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2019, 1:16 PM

How I wish Nasim Nunez would come to Clemson....anyways, good work. Here’s mine:

RF M Green
2B S Hall
C K Wilkie
1B B Hawkins
DH D Sharpe / C Fairey / A Hackenburg
CF B Teodosio
LF B Majkowksi / K Meredith / E Henderson
SS P Gallo (incoming freshman)
3B J Parker

Fri: D Sharpe
Sat: M Clark
Sun: S Strider
Mid: K Askew / J Lindley / C Raffield

wilkie drafted

Jun 4, 2019, 2:33 PM

Doubt Wilkie will be back. Hackenberg will be the catcher, unless Wilkie gets drafted too low.

Jun 4, 2019, 1:24 PM

Hall and TEO need to shorten their swing and they will become much better hitters. We must have them hitting at least in the 270 range. 240 and 220 is not going to get it. Both of these players could be very good if they learn how to hit.

Jun 4, 2019, 3:48 PM

Teo drops his hands so bad and it’s not corrected lol

Jun 4, 2019, 3:47 PM

Mack Anglin = weekend starter.
Everything looks good except I would have hall/kier in cf and the other in LF with bo in RF. Teo= bench. With another offseason he either MUST get better or u have to go with better bats and still good defensive outfielders even though teo is better in that aspect. If Jonathan French (catcher) comes in then he could platoon with fairey at DH. I think Davis sharpe is going to become the ace and solely focus on pitching since we will have so much depth

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic