Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An Unfair Game: Urban Meyer, a History of Abuse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

An Unfair Game: Urban Meyer, a History of Abuse

Aug 2, 2018, 1:15 PM

From Project Veritas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-WdjfjMbg

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Psych major.

Aug 2, 2018, 1:33 PM

Interesting.

Has Alex Jones weighed in yet?***

Aug 2, 2018, 1:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Project Veritas?

Aug 2, 2018, 2:06 PM

You mean the fake news guy who literally got arrested for breaking the law and doctors responses to loaded questions to make people look bad? The guy who created a fake Roy Moore victim in an attempt to get a pedophile elected?

I don't like urban either, but let's not post absolute ######## shall we? I'm not even going to give that moron a view by clicking it on.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/29/project-veritas-how-fake-news-prize-went-to-rightwing-group-beloved-by-trump

Message was edited by: mattcah®

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Project Veritas?

Aug 2, 2018, 3:08 PM

One tool I would urge people to make use of is "mediabiasfactcheck.com"...there's a lot of, uhm, noise, out there...and facts (actual facts, not spin) are our one way through it. And this site is pretty much the rottentomatoes.com of grading news services.

Here's what mediabiasfactcheck.com has to say about Project Veritas:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/project-veritas/

Another thing I would...encourage, in this extremely polarized age characterized by extreme bias on both sides, is that people attempt to obtain their news from sources wandering no further than "center-left" in one direction to "center-right" in the other. A good example of a solid "center-left" news organization is the Guardian - yes, it is politically left-leaning and often has an unflattering view of Americans, but in terms of journalistic standards they are extremely high (they are, don't trouble me with your reactionary derping just because you don't care for their slant), and they never, ever manufacture facts or fail fact-checking. A good example of a center-right publication with similarly high journalistic standards and extremely high grades on factuality would be the Wall Street Journal.

A good monthly publication I personally recommend, especially if you don't mind actually reading, is The Atlantic...again, in terms of hard journalism it rates extremely high, and again, its ability to pass fact-checks are top-tier as well.

Incidentally, in case you question their neutrality, mediabiasfactcheck.com likes neither CNN nor MSNBC (they get marked down for being too biased to the left), and they absolutely torpedo Fox News...not just for being too far to the right but for being the least factually accurate of the cable news services...and a dispassionate glance at all three organizations would indicate that take is accurate. I have some hope for MSNBC because they've been hiring conservative commentators and journalists over the past year - I'm hoping they can drag themselves back to at least center-left - but they haven't done it yet. You want a take on American news that isn't stridently one way or the other at the moment, you almost have to watch BBC America. Which is kind of...not good.

Whatever. Still a good source to use before imbibing, and I really wish our so-called "news services" would get graded on scales like this and have to put those scores on the screen for all to see much like football games keep the scores of the games posted as well. It would take a lot of the crazy out of the simple act of watching the news, these days.

Aug 3, 2018, 7:38 AM

Even in non football things, ever post you make is well thought and always worth reading. Great response and a good tool.

Aug 3, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Project Veritas? ]

You are spot on. I wish news outlets had to post their scores like restaurant health inspections. I might add, as you click to read an article, you can bet they are recording what you read and how long. They then push similar articles tailored to you interests. Case in point, I loath wvu and love to gloat over their losses. Now espn thinks I'm a fan and pushes wvu articles to me. If we are not careful we end up in our own echo chamber.

Aug 2, 2018, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Project Veritas? ]

You're either a pissy OSU fan or a hypersensitive left winger. Regardless, Project Veritas has done some great work exposing corruption in ACORN, exposing the selling of baby parts from Planned Parenthood, exposing Twitter's internal abuse and bias towards conservative users, and the New Jersey Teacher's Union cover up of teacher abuse. The videos don't lie.

Aug 2, 2018, 5:39 PM

jkthrill said:

You're either a pissy OSU fan or a hypersensitive left winger. Regardless, Project Veritas has done some great work exposing corruption in ACORN, exposing the selling of baby parts from Planned Parenthood, exposing Twitter's internal abuse and bias towards conservative users, and the New Jersey Teacher's Union cover up of teacher abuse. The videos don't lie.

LOL.

I'm a registered Republican, actually.

I will leave it to your equally brilliant deductive skills to determine whether or not I'm an actual Clemson Tiger fan.

Aug 2, 2018, 8:01 PM

What wasn't a reply to you, Quozz. It was to the one above yours.

Aug 3, 2018, 7:40 AM

Both the 'spectacular' undercover stories you listed have been debunked as straight up fake.

I'm an independent if that matters. Forgive me if I'm able to think critically. My political science degree from our beloved university actually taught me something. What about yours?

Re: An Unfair Game: Urban Meyer, a History of Abuse

Aug 2, 2018, 2:55 PM

This dude just made this so much more dramatic than it actually was. I wasted 20 minutes watching a video about players being dramatic about having to work hard or a freak incident or 2.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic