Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Gilmore has Clemson in top three
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Gilmore has Clemson in top three

May 3, 2012, 4:35 PM

Gilmore has Clemson in top three

Defensive tackle prospect Greg Gilmore has Clemson in his top three, along with LSU and Florida. However, he was first recruited by former defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and wants to build a better relationship with new coordinator Brent Venables. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty big for us to be in his top 3. He's a beast and we're

May 3, 2012, 6:06 PM

the closest to home outta those 3. Just got Watkins out of NC. If we landed Gilmore too Bullard will be an afterthought.

Re: Pretty big for us to be in his top 3. He's a beast and we're

May 3, 2012, 6:55 PM

So I guess LSU and Fla are using BV will be leaving for a HC job in a year. I hope we are using the back stabbing tactics that the rest of these schools use. Chavis has just as good a chance to becoming a HC as BV does. I believe that BV will be at Clemson at least 3 years. He will have to prove his self at Clemson. And he won't do that in a year. The LSU and Fla coaches realize that Clemson could be the school that knocks them off their high horses. Florida is still looking for their high horse that got a way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2012, 6:59 PM

I agree, BV just needs to get on the phone with him and smoothe this over and let him know he may be a HC someday, but not before this guy graduates, just like Chad Morris said to TB when he got here.

May 3, 2012, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty big for us to be in his top 3. He's a beast and we're ]

Chavis aint ever gonna be a HC...but I am willing to bet this crap aint coming from either lsu or fla...its coming from that dump down the state off I26

May 3, 2012, 8:34 PM

I agree Chavis will never be a head coach and I don't think he really wants that.

But Venables has made it clear. Even Dabo has. He wants to be a head coach. That was one of his reasons for coming to Clemson, so he could prove himself here and then get a head coaching gig.

That shouldn't keep Gilmore from not wanting to come here. He could be a part of something special and just about any DC will be a step up from Steele.

May 3, 2012, 9:42 PM

The best thing to do in a situation like that is to not BS the recruit. Just be honest with the kids. Yeah, BV may very well leave for a HC position down the line just as any other highly thought of DC. But they should stress that you need to choose the school and not the coaches because at any time people can get fired, move on to better gigs or retire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who's the dude behind him with the pipe or goodluck stick

May 3, 2012, 9:51 PM

We want him too.......

& he thinks Chavis WON'T be a HC soon? Probly sooner than BV

May 4, 2012, 3:46 AM

Ah, the wonders of the fickle mind of a 17 year old.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: & he thinks Chavis WON'T be a HC soon? Probly sooner than BV

May 4, 2012, 11:33 AM

How long has Ven been a coordinator? Don't think he'll be a head coach in 4 yrs. You're right, Chavis will be a HC first. COME TO CLEMSON!!!!!!!

BV needs to call him about his CU commitment****

May 4, 2012, 9:10 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic