Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Predictions for 2013 Coot ball; conjectures wanted
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

Predictions for 2013 Coot ball; conjectures wanted

Jul 11, 2013, 2:24 PM

Clowney & Chaz Sutton @ ends makes me worry almost as much as how potent their o-line'll shape up to be; only position they might actually be somewhat vulnerable @ is LB where 5 of 6 r gone from 2-deep depth. Returning 2ndary's promising again w/ a healthy Jimmy Legree that had INTs against LSU & Michigan. I think they'll be missing Ace @ WR(altho Ellington is back) more than D losses like Swearinger; could have the best D squad in nation if anybody steps up @ LB.

Honest SCU 2013 prediction:

W 29-14 vs UNC
L 35-40 @ UGA
W 24-17 vs Vandy
W 38-10 @ UCF
W 42-7 vs UK
W 27-21 @ Ark
L 17-33 @ Tenn
W 23-14 @ Mizz
W 30-14 vs MSU
W 28-24 vs UF
W 45-7 vs Coastal
L 26-37 vs Clemson

2013 Chick-fil-A Bowl
W 35-22 vs VPI

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Alabama. No LSU. Georgia coming off an emotional loss

Jul 11, 2013, 2:31 PM

will allow the Gamecocks to win that one. Someone could surprise them during the 3 game road stretch, but I doubt it. Those are some pretty weak #### teams.

Florida is a toss up.

Their only loss may be Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Alabama. No LSU. Georgia coming off an emotional loss

Jul 11, 2013, 2:46 PM

Whoa did he just say the dirt peckers could have the best D in the country? Wow. Seriously one man doesn't make an entire D. Your soft at LB and don't have a solidified secondary. Should the UNC OL show up and play well, Bryn Renner will have a field day tossing the ball around. Not saying they will win but Renner has the arm to pick em apart; if he has time. Nothing would make me happier than to see the Tarholes beat the coots to open the season. But I don't see it happening. Wish the cluckers played Bama or TAMU. I'd love to see that one. Funny how ole Stevie doesn't gripe about the schedule this season. Thats a first.

Now, this guy claims they will win the Peach Bowl? Not sure if hes up to date on things but the Gawga Dome has never been kind to $car. The one time they went to the $ec CG- Auburn destroyed them. The last Peach Bowl they were in; FSU showed up and knocked Marky Marky outa the game. That was all she wrote. Your best hope in winning another bowl game is to get paired up against another soft Big Ten school. Maybe this time you'd cover the spread by a substantial margin.

Jul 11, 2013, 7:36 PM

Don't Have a solidified secondary? they return 3 of the 4 starters. If that constitutes no solidified secondary I imagine most teams in the country fit that bill.

And "no proven running game". Do you realize that Brandon wilds already has 3 or 4 100 yard games to his credit? And he may not even emerge as the starter. How many 100 yard games does mcDowell have?

And "who are they gonna throw it to, that basketball player"? Umm, that basketball player has burned Clemson pretty well the last couple of years with TD catches hasn't he?

Jul 12, 2013, 12:09 AM

Brandon Wilds, solidified running game? That's funny. He's as unknown as Rod McDowell. Neither team is really sitting pretty at running back as of right now, who knows who will emerge though.

hey a. mail, what the poster was saying is you lost your

Jul 15, 2013, 3:45 AM [ in reply to Re: No Alabama. No LSU. Georgia coming off an emotional loss ]

leader in the secondary - jungle boi,or whatever he calls himself ; your best running back - lattimore, they say he's a pretty good guy, you know! ; and you DON'T have an elite wr - ala a rice or an alshon, he was a big wr !
y'all may have serviceable players behind them, but what the past few recruiting posts have been saying is that y'all haven't replaced the star power that you have lost, resulting in the guys now not being as good as the players that left, now matter how hard y'all usuc fans try to spin it.
all this, along with losing your lb corp (bunches of'em), the kicking game isn't nothing close to what you had a few yrs. back,etc. means y'all are getting back to what you truly are - a .500 ball club ! not this year, but in the next few, you'll see it coming.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hey a. mail, what the poster was saying is you lost your

Jul 15, 2013, 2:23 PM

You say SC is not replacing their stars and then you mention Swearinger. Do you realize that he was a 3 star recruit whom Clemson deemed not good enough to offer? Are you sure that TJ Gurley or some other guys who you have never heard of are not stars in the making? The point is that the SC staff has proven exceptional at evaluations.

Also, you mention the running game with the loss of lattimore. Certainly you realize that SC has played much of the last 2 years without him don't you?

And Clemson's secondary may disagree with you about Bruce Ellington not being a very good receiver.

Yes, the lb will be a weakness-just as it has been the last several years.

Jul 12, 2013, 7:09 PM [ in reply to No Alabama. No LSU. Georgia coming off an emotional loss ]

I think they go 9-3 losing to us, Georgia, and Florida. I also think that UNC will give them a pretty good challenge week 1.

Re: Predictions for 2013 Coot ball; conjectures wanted

Jul 11, 2013, 2:35 PM

0-12 Spurnut fired, Clowney found sticking needles in his rear, Dylan Thompson found hanging with Garcia passed out with joint in his mouth, Shaw spends all season figuring out how to get his keys out of his locked convertible even though the top is down, a lost scripture is found that shows #### is really Columbia, SC and finally the whole football program is shut down after every player is found to only read at a 3rd grade level.....

Re: Re: Predictions for 2013 Coot ball; conjectures wanted

Jul 11, 2013, 2:44 PM

Wow!

all possible except the Thomson part, seems like a legit

Jul 11, 2013, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Predictions for 2013 Coot ball; conjectures wanted ]

Christian athlete. The rest plausible

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

And Christian never do anything wrong or stupid?

Jul 15, 2013, 11:37 AM

Fail Argument fails. However, I believe Thompson is a good guy, but not simply because he is christian.

LOL "3rd grade level"

Jul 11, 2013, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Predictions for 2013 Coot ball; conjectures wanted ]

they wish

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

My take....

Jul 11, 2013, 2:45 PM

Georgia, Tennessee, Florida and Clemson are all toss-up games for them. They won't win them all but they won't lose them all either.

UNC, Arkansas, and Mississippi State could be tough games for them as well.

Ultimately, I'm thinking 9 - 3

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: My take....

Jul 11, 2013, 2:51 PM

I'm going with 8-4. Losses to Gawga, Fla, Clemson, and a shocking upset loss at UCF. The headline will read, SCar Caught Looking Ahead.

I don't see a proven running game. I don't see any WR's. What are they gonna do? Have Shaw run around some. Then toss it to Rory occasionally or that basketball player.

Re: My take....

Jul 11, 2013, 3:45 PM

Actually the headline will read..

"SEC team should've never had to travel to play inferior opponent" OR

"South Carolina didn't really want to be there"

Vandy surprised me last year

Jul 11, 2013, 2:55 PM [ in reply to My take.... ]

but alas it's a home game now.

I don't wanna sound like an ACC pumper but I'm hoping UNC derails them then they run the table against a rather soft SEC schedule w/o 'Bama, LSU, A&M.

I'm also kinda predicting Clowney gets suspended a game or two for a vicious head-leading hit ala James Harrison.

Re: Vandy surprised me last year

Jul 11, 2013, 3:01 PM

I still don't care what people say about Vandy. They are still Vanderbilt. They still suck. And I haven't seen them beat anybody that impressed me. There is no prize for barely losing to someone. If they want to be considered a good team, try winning against Gawga, Fla, $car, Bama, TAMU, LSU.. and that won't happen. Not consistently. Wins over Mizzu, Kentucky, and a depleated UT and Ole Miss don't count for anything.

Re: Vandy surprised me last year

Jul 11, 2013, 3:04 PM

Jul 11, 2013, 2:59 PM

L @UGA( L @Tenn( Possible L@H Fla( L@H Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Coots and the Tigers will lose at least 4 games each.***

Jul 11, 2013, 3:00 PM

Jul 11, 2013, 3:13 PM

Broad statement! Now who do we/Clemson drop 4 against?

I don't agree with 4 losses but

Jul 11, 2013, 3:22 PM

I could see a horrible scenario in which we lose to UGA, FSU, Maryland, GT, Scar, and maybe Syracuse.

All of those games will be tough.

by that I mean some combination of four of those teams***

Jul 11, 2013, 3:23 PM

Jul 11, 2013, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re:Coots and the Tigers will lose at least 4 games each.*** ]

If we lose 4 games and Boyd is still healthy, then this season will have been an epic fail. Dabo will be firmly back on the hot seat if this happens. That would be tommy bowden esque to the Nth degree.

11-1

Jul 11, 2013, 3:29 PM

Loss at UGA. If we lose one more it will be to UF. Clemson will not and cannot beat us at home right now. It is no flame, it is just truth. No SEC Championship, im thinking Capital One Bowl again.

Then you'd get Back to Back 11 Win rings, of course. And what coot fan

Jul 11, 2013, 3:52 PM

wouldn't want to go on eBay and add one of those to their vast collection of non-championship memorabilia?

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

"WE'RE 1969 ACC CHAMPS BABY!!!"

Jul 11, 2013, 4:46 PM

"THE ACC SUCKS!"

...things you'll hear a coot says for 1000, Alex.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: "WE'RE 1969 ACC CHAMPS BABY!!!"

Jul 11, 2013, 4:51 PM

The ACC isn't very good. I think they were ranked as the 5th best conference last season.

Yeah. We should drop down to D-II and join the Southern.***

Jul 11, 2013, 7:19 PM

Jul 11, 2013, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: "WE'RE 1969 ACC CHAMPS BABY!!!" ]

Actually 4th but who's counting right?

You're a Furman fan. My high school could beat Furman***

Jul 11, 2013, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: "WE'RE 1969 ACC CHAMPS BABY!!!" ]

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2013, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Re: "WE'RE 1969 ACC CHAMPS BABY!!!" ]

Does conference matter if neither team in the state won theirs? In my opinion no. South Carolina plays in the SEC but has nothing to show for it, so you're in the same boat as Clemson being in a crappy conference.

I see the point of that post has missed you...***

Jul 13, 2013, 2:47 AM [ in reply to Re: "WE'RE 1969 ACC CHAMPS BABY!!!" ]

Can't wait to see the Tigers get it done in Cooterville!

Jul 11, 2013, 3:55 PM [ in reply to 11-1 ]

It will happen,

Go Tigers!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course! Everyone knows that non SEC teams can't beat SEC

Jul 11, 2013, 4:40 PM [ in reply to 11-1 ]

Teams! ( unless you happen to follow a particular ACC school in the great state of SC) watch and cry coot. Go Tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Strut those feathers.***

Jul 11, 2013, 4:44 PM [ in reply to 11-1 ]

Coot college will not and cannot win the sec football ever.

Jul 11, 2013, 5:03 PM [ in reply to 11-1 ]

It is no flame, it is just truth.

Re: 11-1

Jul 12, 2013, 12:04 AM [ in reply to 11-1 ]

Clemson "cannot beat us at home" haha ok. We will see in November. You act like you're playing South Alabama or something.

so, you are saying your brother can beat my brother?

Jul 13, 2013, 5:11 AM [ in reply to 11-1 ]

so what, we can beat y'alls tail. conf affiliation is only good if you are the king of the mountain. how does it make you feel good to say that y'all are the 5th best team in a 2 or 3 team conf.

Re: so, you are saying your brother can beat my brother?

Jul 13, 2013, 5:31 AM

They are too stupid to figure that it! They remind me of this guy at the shrine club. He would stir the hash twice go sit down and and start saying " I helped with the hash"

I think Vandy will beat them.

Jul 11, 2013, 4:07 PM

That program is getting turned around right now.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vanderbilt Commode doors

Jul 12, 2013, 5:17 PM

They are a very very strong & solid program right now.
I don't want to sound too ridiculous but their academic
standards may not be as attractive as many other SEC
football schools & that may keep them from getting the
most highly rated recruits. I admire what Stanford does
year in & year out fielding dominating football teams
with flawless transcripts.

same with stanford, but they are starting to use that to

Jul 15, 2013, 4:26 AM

their advantage. not easy,i know, but they are showing it can be done , although academically vandy isn't too close to stanford, so that might take some of that angle away.

Thats why they play 'em.

Jul 11, 2013, 4:15 PM

4 losses for the Coots is a real possibility. The opener is no gimme , last time they met it wasnt decided til the final minute. Fla, Ga and Clemson are all equal to the task if they execute and play well , and TN will be better.
9-3 and a bowl loss to FSU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

not so fast.

Jul 11, 2013, 4:39 PM

I'm new to this board. I have no dog in the fight between Clemson and Scar, but I do not see Scar losing more than 1 game. I seen that some people think UT will beat Scar but what you guys aren't realizing is that Tennessee lost their five best players and a lot of players on an already terrible defense. That game is a lock. Arkansas will be a tougher game. I see Scar maybe losing to Fla.

Tell 'em coot

Jul 11, 2013, 4:55 PM

fooling no one

Are you just copying and pasting the same response

Jul 11, 2013, 5:16 PM [ in reply to not so fast. ]

from this morning??? Coot

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

How do you have a TigerPulse but no paw points?

Jul 11, 2013, 7:25 PM [ in reply to not so fast. ]

It won't let me thumb down your posts. Frig off, coot.***

Jul 11, 2013, 10:44 PM [ in reply to not so fast. ]

Jul 12, 2013, 12:03 AM

That's respectable. I don't understand the 6-7 predictions, they don't have a crazy hard schedule but still have a talented team. I see 10 wins again, but a tough loss in there somewhere.

Jul 12, 2013, 11:57 PM

SOS saying this may be his best team yet.

Jul 15, 2013, 12:09 AM

Ehhh, I don't know. I think last year was the best team for him. I still don't think there is a reliable option at QB for y'all and there has yet to be a running back emerge. Steve Spurrier would say anything to get the fans going.

SOS

Jul 13, 2013, 12:23 AM

says a lot of stupid things...chiefly about his wins. He is a smug lil' turd with zero humility.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

No , I conjectured earlier*

Jul 13, 2013, 2:55 AM

Just really like taking every available shot at the sack ...
Mission accomplished.

DB23

They had a good team last year...

Jul 15, 2013, 7:55 AM

I really don't know what they lost and who's waiting in the 'wings,' to play so I couldn't say.

If you're looking for what I want I don't have a want for USuCk other than wish them out of the top 25 and losing at least five games a year. Oh yeah, I'd kinda like to see them back in the cellar fighting for next to last place with Kentucky again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way they beat Florida

Jul 15, 2013, 9:56 AM

Florida is a much more complete team, imo. I don't see them going to the Chik-Fil-A Bowl, either. Bama, Florida and LSU will take the two BCS bowls and the Chik-Fil-A bowl, leaving USux to go somewhere else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No way they beat Florida

Jul 15, 2013, 11:21 AM

You do realize the chicfila bowl is behind 1 or 2 bcs games, capital one, outback, and cotton bowl in the sec right? Typically the 5th or 6th place sec team goes to the chicfila. Not sure if you meant that the top 3 teams went to bcs and then chicfila or if you were just saying they would take that 3rd team...chicfila bowl is a much bigger bowl for the acc side than the sec

if you tell me lsu was the 5th or 6th best team in the sec

Jul 15, 2013, 11:30 AM

last year, i will tell you that is bs. OVERALL
Georgia 7-1 12-2
Florida 7-1 11-2
South Carolina 6-2 11-2

WEST CONF OVERALL
Alabama 7-1 13-1
LSU 6-2 10-3
Texas A&M 6-2 11-2

lsu was the 2nd best team in the sec last year- no spinning it.

Re: if you tell me lsu was the 5th or 6th best team in the sec

Jul 15, 2013, 12:34 PM

So based on your numbers that you just put up how could you not have lsu ranked AT LEAST behind alabama and florida? Not to mention georgia who won their division(i'm sure you will say the east is weak but they had 3 top 10 teams)...Both bama and florida had better records and won head to head? We have to use pre-bowl game rankings/numbers because that's what we are talking about. No matter how good you think lsu is/was, the fact is that they were selected 6th by the bowl committee. They barely escaped their last 2 games against mediocre/bad sec teams in ole miss(scored 21 in the 4th to win on the last second) and arkansas plus they didn't make the sec championship. There is a reason they were passed on by the sugar, capital one, outback, and cotton bowls who all selected teams ahead of lsu.

After the season LSU was clearly and accurately ranked behind bama, uga, usc, a&m, and florida making them 6th in the sec based on record. -no spinning it

I know and you know lsu was a very good team. There is no denying that. My only point to make was that a lot of people, specifically fans of an acc team, think of the chicfila as a top-tier bowl because is is the 2nd best acc bowl. However, it is the 5th or 6th best sec bowl. Flame away.

Jul 17, 2013, 2:00 AM

Alabama played Georgia in the SECCG, thus making those two the top 2 teams. Based on pre-bowl rankings, the only thing that matters when determining a bowl, they were the 4th ranked team, not 6th. LSU was tied with you but won the head to head matchup. You can't talk about the bowl rankings and use end of season numbers.

If that's the case...

And you played Michigan, an 8-4 Big Ten team who finished 3rd behind Wisconsin and Nebraska, and they technically would have finished 5th had Penn State and Ohio State been eligible as well. They were barely a top 25 team. After the loss they fell out of the top 25 in many people's opinions. I'd rather play the "6th place" LSU team.

Say what you want about the Chickfila Bowl, but don't go running around stomping your feet and celebrating because you won the Capital One Bowl.... It is still a crap bowl when compared head-to-head to BCS games just like the CFA Bowl is.

Jul 17, 2013, 10:00 AM

It doesn't matter what the "rankings" are of the teams before bowl selection.

SEC bowl picking order is:

1&2) BCS Bowls
3) Capital One
4&5) Outback and Sugar Bowls
6) Chick-fil-a

The bowls can pick what ever teams they want once they get thier selection and based on bowl pay outs and deals with the conference this is the order that they get to pick SEC teams

Jul 17, 2013, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: if you tell me lsu was the 5th or 6th best team in the sec ]

No matter the picking order, the chick-fil-a bowl is the second highest paying non bcs bowl game and has been added to the playoff along with the cotton and the bcs games. I'd say that makes it a pretty prestigious game.

Jul 17, 2013, 10:48 AM

Lol that doesn't apply to last season or this season. CFA is 2nd choice for ACC and 5/6 choice for SEC and it's been that way for a few years.

The Chick Fil A Bowl was added to the playoff system largely due to it being played in Atlanta. Which is pretty obvious.

Jul 17, 2013, 11:04 AM

My point is the CFA is probably the second best non bcs game to be a part of if you're not in the bcs. The conference finish doesn't have anything to do with what bowl game picks them if they're not the champion. I seem to remember a 7-5 Clemson team going to the Gator bowl a few years back because of our fanbase and the matchup against Nebraska. I think we finished 4th in the acc that year but and the gator had second pick behind bcs.

Jul 17, 2013, 10:19 AM

For ya'll who are picking us to lose to Tennesee...

Yes, we play them in Knoxville. Yes, they'll really want to beat us. Yes, they have a superior Oline.
On the contrary, they have no proven skill position players. They lost the best quarterback they've had in years, still have no running back, and lost their only worthy wide receivers. Their defense will not be any better than it was last year and our offense will undoubtedly be better (even if ya'll don't believe so).

I think we could lose to either UGA, Vandy, or Florida. Objectively, I do not see how Clemson could beat us this year, though next year may be different.

We'll beat you this year

Jul 17, 2013, 10:45 AM

Because one man a defense does not make, and you're only returning 2 from your starting front seven last year (compared that to our 10 returning players who started at least 5 games last year). Combine that with an inconsistent offense, and you see why USux is being described as one of the most overrated teams of 2013.

We lost last year because our D couldn't get Tajh the ball back. This year, the advantage goes to Clemson D with the coots have the ball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2013, 10:52 AM

Tennessee will be coming off a brutal stretch when they play us. I'm not seeing that one at all

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic