Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Predicting Saban retires in 5 yrs & wins 1 more Natty.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,996

Predicting Saban retires in 5 yrs & wins 1 more Natty.

Jun 7, 2019, 3:20 PM

I say this based on my own health & physical strength and mental outlook at age 67-72..and feel that I was at my final high peak concerning all of the mentioned above.

Thus, I feel Coach Saban will be as productive & healthy in the next 5 years.

And, since DaBO is gonna win 2 more Natties in the next five years..and maybe Smart & whoever will win one each..that leaves One for Nick.

What predict you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Predicting Saban retires in 5 yrs & wins 1 more Natty.

Jun 7, 2019, 3:28 PM

THIS YEAR will be Saban's only chance for another Natty IMO. And that can only happen if all of his new coaches can make things better. Plus, Smart would need to run some more fake punts to help Saban. After all, Saban is his daddy.

I see Dabo winning at least 4 more Nattys in the next 5 years. This year might be the hardest to do since we lost so much on the D-line. We will probably get to the NC game, but not sure if we can win it yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 4:18 PM

I’m not convinced we will beat A&M, we have a real test coming out of the gate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we will leave no doubt after last year

Jun 7, 2019, 4:22 PM

I do respect Jimbo’s coaching ability though. Most people on Here think he’s a bad coach. He screwed up OL recruiting that was his downfall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Predicting Saban retires in 5 yrs & wins 1 more Natty. ]

FYI, TAMU has also lost some big players off the defense. Travyeon Williams, the outstanding runner, is gone, as is their All-American tight end. Probably an 8-4 team, possibly 9-3. Georgia Tech in the midst of a huge transition and should not be a problem in week one. If Tech is a problem, than we not too good.

Jun 7, 2019, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Predicting Saban retires in 5 yrs & wins 1 more Natty. ]

Clemson has TL for at least two more years and then DJ will be here for the next three. I don't see little nicky winning one in the next 5 years.

Jun 7, 2019, 3:36 PM

I see plenty of logic in that prediction.

If you put a gun to my head I'd say Nick has 2-3 years left in him before he hangs it up. In fact, I think of he wins 1 more National Title that might be it. 5 years is a long time, and I think he'd like to go out on-top.

Then again, we were all waiting for Bobby Bowden and Joe Pa to retire and they didn't.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 4:08 PM

I agree, 2 to 3 years left.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they didn’t have anywhere close to the level of success as

Jun 7, 2019, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Predicting Saban retires in 5 yrs & wins 1 more Natty. ]

Saban though. He’s coming down as the best college coach ever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 3:36 PM

Actually, I see Mullen being the heir to the SEC East but then again even Muscoot can win 10 games at UF. I am betting on UF mostly since both FSU and daU seem to be in the woods... and Taggart keeps planting trees. Kirby being branded as a high achieving loser will likely cause UGA to drop.

Maybe Jimbo does something at A&M (less likely now with the rise of Texas). My bet is that the next SEC person to make a move will either be unknown or at Auburn... or both.

Bill - Bill - Bill ... Your aren't slowing down .....

Jun 7, 2019, 4:31 PM

..... are you ?!? -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I'm not convinced Saban wins another title, LBB.

Jun 7, 2019, 4:45 PM

His body language is the same as our old friend Spurrier's was the year before he retired.I think Saban has at most 3 years left in the tank.But no way does he sabotage Alabama's recruiting by making that claim.

Jun 7, 2019, 5:34 PM

If ole Nick goes 3 years without a NC, he will be on a very warm, if not very hot, seat. That, combined with age, frustration, loss of motivation, etc., will lead to his retirement after three years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alright...two points to stop this nonsense...

Jun 7, 2019, 5:43 PM

1. Saban on a hot seat in Bama? He could melt 'He L L' before that happens.

2. Bill...you're an icon...but even icons get shorts in their circuits. Call an electrician...with your industry background, you know good ones. Don't short-change your wattage! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see Bama losing 2 this season during the regular,

Jun 7, 2019, 11:25 PM

so Saban's next natty won't be this year. Doubt he coaches more than the next 3 seasons though - Dude is loaded and surely wants to spend more time at his many spreads while he's fleet of foot. Bama will rebound and Nick could certainly dial up another ring before he's said and done in that time - they certainly have the Jimmys and Joes.

If Saban wins another he would pretty much stand alone as #1 in college coaching history. If not, it's merely top echelon and the debate is still on. Today he is the bar - fortunately we have a guy keeping step.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2019, 11:17 AM

Saban is done. His trophies are in the case...dont get me wrong , he is a good coach but his winning natties are behind him, only because of Dabo and Clemson, plus UGA , UF, and/or TxAM will eventually take over in conference. If ole Nick can do it, this year might be his only chance....peace my tiger friends

Saban's career will end with a Bobby Bowden-esque fade

Jun 8, 2019, 11:50 AM

if he coaches five more years.

If he doesn't win it all this year, he should probably declare victory and move to Florida

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,996
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic