Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Precaution measures explained
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Precaution measures explained

Mar 31, 2020, 8:43 AM

? COVID-19 & protective measures thoroughly explained...
The following is from Irene Ken, physician, whose daughter is an Asst. Prof in infectious diseases at Johns Hopkins University, quite informative!?

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam).

By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

* NO BACTERICIDE OR ANTIBIOTIC SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; antibodies cannot kill what is not alive.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only
-between 3 hours (fabric and porous),
-4 hours (copper and wood)
-24 hours (cardboard),
- 42 hours (metal) and
-72 hours (plastic).
But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars.
They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin.
The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.
The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
You have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.
Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.
-JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Precaution measures explained

Mar 31, 2020, 9:22 AM

Helpful and Thanks but Serves? What does that mean here? It pops up a couple of times

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 9:29 AM

Thanks for the explanations. I have already passed this along to a number of my friend groups. I was wondering what breaks it down and protects it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

except that it is not a protein DNA molecule it is an RNA

Mar 31, 2020, 9:32 AM

virus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: except that it is not a protein DNA molecule it is an RNA

Mar 31, 2020, 9:37 AM

Maybe the explanation from the physician was too generic?

"A virus is the smallest of infectious microbes, smaller than bacteria or fungi. A virus consists of a small piece of genetic material (DNA or RNA) surrounded by a protein shell. Viruses cannot survive without a living cell in which to reproduce. Once a virus enters a living cell (the host cell) and takes over a cell's inner workings, the cell cannot carry out its normal life-sustaining tasks. The host cell becomes a virus manufacturing plant, making viral parts that then reassemble into whole viruses and go on to infect other cells. Eventually, the host cell dies."

Mar 31, 2020, 9:49 AM

Sorry guys, but this is not a Johns Hopkins sourced document. They don't know it's source but not from their staff.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who said it was a Johns Hopkins document?

Mar 31, 2020, 9:52 AM

"The following is from Irene Ken, physician, whose daughter is an Asst. Prof in infectious diseases at Johns Hopkins University"

Re: Who said it was a Johns Hopkins document?

Mar 31, 2020, 12:02 PM

I saw that but the implication is that it is from Johns Hopkins. Otherwise, if he is a physician, then what does the fact that his daughter is on the faculty at Johns Hopkins have to do with it. Besides I have seen it posted on other sites as being a Johns Hopkins report.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s refreshing to learn that alcohol dissolves fat...

Mar 4, 2014, 8:24 PM

I’ll update tnet with photos of my journey each day.

Day 1:

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I appears you already lost about 100lbs

Mar 31, 2020, 10:10 AM

Congrats!

Thank you. Due to my tremendous metabolism...

Mar 31, 2020, 10:35 AM

I don’t have to work out as much as many men my age.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^^Delusional...

Mar 31, 2020, 12:12 PM

nm...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men? Did you mean MENstrual?

Mar 31, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Thank you. Due to my tremendous metabolism... ]

;)

Easy to recognize that someone who won life's lottery...

Mar 31, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to It’s refreshing to learn that alcohol dissolves fat... ]

#jelly

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic