Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hill Incident Georgia Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Hill Incident Georgia Game

Sep 12, 2013, 7:20 PM

Sorry if this has been discussed previously, but I have a relative that I have a considerable amount of confidence in, just state to me that the incident of georgia players coming to the foot of the hill was predetermined and granted permission by clemson university. Can anyone verify this or prve it to not be factual? The relative is a university of georgia graduate.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would explain why

Sep 12, 2013, 7:22 PM

the Tigers ignored them prior to killing their ###

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

define clemson university, because if they'd asked me

Sep 12, 2013, 7:23 PM

i would've said, "sure, go for it".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Naw....they just wanted to take a peek ;)***

Sep 12, 2013, 9:05 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe you were told a fib***

Sep 12, 2013, 7:28 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Hill Incident Georgia Game

Sep 12, 2013, 7:29 PM

I thought it was touching how the uga football team was our paparazzi on GameDay. We should have a red carpet with a buncha bulldog skulls at the end of it.

If you are offered free dinner or a UGA degree, take the free dinner !

Sep 12, 2013, 7:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know you aren't that gullible...

Sep 12, 2013, 7:34 PM

....just havin' some fun with us...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm calling BS, and that's not

Sep 12, 2013, 7:35 PM

Bachelor of Science.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

'The relative is a university of georgia graduate'

Sep 12, 2013, 7:36 PM

shocker

not a chance

Granted permission? What the heck does that mean?

Sep 12, 2013, 7:37 PM

You really think they asked permission in advance? Why would you think they would even have to? Who would they ask?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry guys

Sep 12, 2013, 7:41 PM

They asked me. Got a strange call around 4 o'clock on gameday. Said his name was Mark and they'd like to come out and watch the team run down the hill. I was pretty sure it was a prank call, so I just laughed and said "Sure, whatever floats your boat."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2013, 7:37 PM

It's not true. I just confirmed with relatives that graduated from Georgia, Clemson, South Carolina, Citadel.

Uh, they don't need permission.***

Sep 12, 2013, 7:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course, that's why all the coaches and security welcomed

Sep 12, 2013, 7:44 PM

them at the hill.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As the independent media reported.....

Sep 12, 2013, 7:53 PM

they just wanted to sneak a peek at ONE of our traditions. Nice t'aint it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, just wanted a peak lol!***

Sep 12, 2013, 8:08 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hill Incident Georgia Game- I think it was FSU who did

Sep 12, 2013, 7:54 PM

this once near the end of Bobby's or Lou's tenure. We had a kicker named Lazarro then who had been a linebacker in HS. I remember he came down right in fron of them and tried to clip one with his elbow. I was very proud of him for that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2013, 7:58 PM

What good could possibly come out of that for CU? I don't believe it for a second. Stupid excuse by your UGA friend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PreFab you've been postfibbed to

Sep 12, 2013, 8:30 PM

They are just blind to how disrespectful and dirty their floppers, err players really are. Think about it, why in the he[[ would CU allow UGA to do that? I mentioned that to a UGA buddy and he didn't believe me. He actually said, "that doesn't sound like something we would do. We have class." They are in the SEC how could they possibly have respect for our great traditions, much less have any class. Your relative must either be in sales or graduated from UGA school of law. FSU did that once; just once in 1999. PreFab, please hang on tight when you're riding in the back of that turnip truck.

Re: PreFab you've been postfibbed to

Sep 12, 2013, 8:39 PM

You must be very young and very uninformed. Bobby Ross at maryland did it and Lou Holtz fired and on his way out the door, did it at south carolina cost us a bowl game. By the way, I have eaten a ton of pinto beans and turnip greens in my 70 years.

Sep 12, 2013, 9:13 PM

WTH? All I said was FSU did it once, just once. There have been a few others and I do remember that bench clearing brawl with yhe turtles as well as the granny Clampitt ouster. I may be young but I'm not gullible enough to believe a story like that. No, worries a third of the UGA players will be wearing all orange at some point of their lives.

Sep 12, 2013, 9:40 PM

Past your bedtime son.

ESPN told Georgia to do it***

Sep 12, 2013, 8:58 PM

We recruited half their players

Sep 12, 2013, 8:59 PM

Maybe they just wanted to get a peek of the best entrance in college football first hand and told everyone on the team how cool it was beforehand

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic