Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prayer Request PLEASE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

Prayer Request PLEASE

Oct 6, 2017, 4:27 PM

I have been referred to the Emory Sleep Center in Atlanta to do a sleep study. They are going to be testing me for Sporadic Fatal Insomnia, and Fatal Familial Insomnia. I am exemplifying symptoms of these two rare diseases which are 100% Fatal as there is no cure. As some of you who know me, know that I've been on several deployments, and have suffered from Brain Injuries. Please pray that I receive a favorable report. Don't just tell me that you'll pray, I believe in the power of prayer and even if you say a 1 to 2 minute prayer with faith, I know we serve a Great God that will help me find peace. Thanks.

Sporadic Fatal Insomnia (SFI) and Fatal Familial Insomnia (FFI) are very rare autosomal dominant inherited prion disease of the brain. It is almost always caused by a mutation to the protein but can also develop spontaneously in patients with a non-inherited mutation variant.

If I test positive, here is what we can expect.

SFI and FFI has four stages and it usually take 7 to 18 months to run its full course:

STAGE 1. The patient suffers increasing insomnia, resulting in panic attacks, paranoia, and phobias. This stage lasts for about four months.

STAGE 2. Hallucinations and panic attacks become noticeable, continuing for about five months.

STAGE 3. Complete inability to sleep is followed by rapid loss of weight. This lasts for about three months.

STAGE 4. Dementia, during which the patient becomes unresponsive or mute over the course of six months. This is the final progression of the disease, after which death follows.

Other symptoms include profuse sweating, pinpoint pupils; the sudden entrance into menopause for women and impotence for men; neck stiffness, and elevation of blood pressure and heart rate.

Constipation is quite common as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Wow. Done.***

Oct 6, 2017, 4:30 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayer Request PLEASE

Oct 6, 2017, 4:32 PM

Prayers sent. Keep your head up and have faith!

Oct 6, 2017, 7:53 PM

Psalm 103:11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

KJV - Luke 4:40 Now when the sun was setting, all they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them.

NIV - Luke 4:40 At sunset, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them.

I enjoyed praying for you.

God Bless.

Done***

Oct 6, 2017, 4:35 PM

Oct 6, 2017, 4:38 PM

I too believe in the power of prayer. Our prayers are with you.

Oct 6, 2017, 4:50 PM

I just prayed for you. Will print out your message, bring it home and pray some more. God bless you!

You got it!

Oct 6, 2017, 4:51 PM

God speed!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2017, 4:52 PM

Prayers lifted to The Great Physician.

And thank you for your service to our country.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2017, 4:56 PM

Will put you in our nightly prayers. Good Luck sir

Oct 6, 2017, 4:52 PM

Will keep you in prayer. God keep His loving arms close around you as you go through this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow that's an insidious disease.

Oct 6, 2017, 4:55 PM

Praying for you brother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2017, 4:56 PM

Praying for you! Thank you for your service!

Hopefully you'll get some good news.

Oct 6, 2017, 5:00 PM

There was a British WWI soldier that was shot in the head and never slept again but lived to a ripe old age.

I pray you to will live till a ripe old age.

Oct 6, 2017, 5:16 PM

Prayers sent your way!

Oct 6, 2017, 5:18 PM

Prayers coming your way. This old Col. believes in the power of frequent prayer. I will be continuing to pray for you until we hear back from your test.

Oct 6, 2017, 5:21 PM

Its hard to imagine the anxiety that you are experiencing. And yes, I will pray freqeuntly that your diagnosis will be favorable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2017, 5:22 PM

I will be praying for you brother. I worked with the 2nd MEF on two deployments. I've got a ton of respect for you guys.

May God bless you and your family. Thank you so

Oct 6, 2017, 5:24 PM

very much for protecting us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2017, 5:24 PM

Pray for Healing. ????

Prayers lifted ...***

Oct 6, 2017, 5:31 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying for the Peace of God to be with you during

Oct 6, 2017, 5:40 PM

this time and that your tests results will be favorable! Keep the faith because we serve an AWESOME God!

Sorry to hear....

Oct 6, 2017, 5:48 PM

:(

Have you tried talking sleeping pills?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2017, 5:55 PM

You are in my prayers. We serve an awesome God.

wow, you got it.

Oct 6, 2017, 5:56 PM

serious question: did the injuries contribute to the illness?

Oct 6, 2017, 6:03 PM

Will do!

My prayer for you***

Oct 6, 2017, 6:07 PM

Oct 6, 2017, 6:07 PM

Prayers for you that the test is negative and for comfort during this trying time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for the best possible outcome, Chesty.

Oct 6, 2017, 6:28 PM

It's in His hands.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

You have neither.

Oct 6, 2017, 6:38 PM

You are in my prayers always. I can't wait for you to return here with the good news that you're cleared of both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done!***

Oct 6, 2017, 6:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 6, 2017, 6:45 PM

Praying that the test will be negative.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2017, 7:56 PM

The power of prayer is manifested in so many different ways each and every day. Rest assured you are in my prayers. Thank you for your service.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2017, 7:59 PM

Praying for 100% healing! This same board lifted my son up in prayer about a month ago and he was healed completely. The power of prayer is real!! Thank you for your service!

Oct 6, 2017, 8:00 PM

Absolutely

Oct 6, 2017, 8:08 PM

Praying for you.
Just keep clamming your healing.

Prayer sent. God Bless!***

Oct 6, 2017, 9:05 PM

Oct 6, 2017, 9:16 PM

Will pray for you my friend.Keep your faith

Prayers sent brother..

Oct 6, 2017, 9:16 PM

May the Good Lord Bless you and your family!

Oct 6, 2017, 9:21 PM

I did pray for u and will continue. God bless.

Oct 6, 2017, 9:43 PM

Lt. General,

First of all, thank you for your service to our nation. You have my utmost respect.

I will pray for your long term health. Listen to your doctors....they will guide you.

My story is amazing, so I hope it will give you hope...

In 1998 I went to give blood. My hemoglobin was half of normal. I had numerous colonoscopies and even had the first capsule endoscopy in SC in 2002. Finally, during a colonoscopy in April 2004 my GI requested a CT scan, and they discovered a 5 pound tumor growing on the outside of my colon. It was the size of a soccer ball. I had no idea it was there.

When it was removed, my oncologist told me the type of cancer it was is 95% fatal within five years of diagnosis.

They developed a chemotherapy that I take every night...and I'm still here.

My number one item on my bucket list was to see my beautiful daughter graduate from college...that happened in2015...My second item was to witness my beloved Tigers win another National Championship...My beautiful wife and daughter were with me in Tampa...so i have a very blessed life.

Keep your faith and know that the Clemson family's here for you.

Oct 6, 2017, 9:55 PM

Absolutely, my fellow tiger.. I will pray daily for you..

Re: Prayer Request PLEASE- Wow,prayers for sure.***

Oct 6, 2017, 10:00 PM

Oct 6, 2017, 10:06 PM

I just stopped what I was doing and prayed for you to have a good diagnosis and healing and peace and comfort.

Thank you for your service! I enjoy reading your posts and your screen name always catches my eye.

I just finished a book about Korea and Chesty Pulller was of course a key figure. I have not served and I can't imagine the courage and toughness of those who have. God bless you sir.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers are with you CP***

Oct 6, 2017, 10:06 PM

Oct 6, 2017, 10:09 PM

Thank you for sharing this with your Clemson family - we care and are praying that you will have peace and relief of whatever symptoms led to the sleep center referral, and that your test results will rule out either variation of this disorder.

Oct 6, 2017, 10:44 PM

Please know I opened my Bible following reading your prayer request and this was the scripture that surfaced:

“Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.” James? ?5:16? ?NLT??

I have for your healing. I do believe, with unwavering faith, in the power of prayer.

““I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in Me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in My name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask Me for anything in My name, and I will do it!” John? ?14:12-14? ?NLT??

Thank Lord.

Sinner saved by grace.

Done***

Oct 6, 2017, 10:47 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Done*

Oct 6, 2017, 10:50 PM

nm

Oct 6, 2017, 10:50 PM

I just prayed and will continue to pray

Oct 6, 2017, 11:13 PM

Will be honored to pray for your fast healing. God bless.

Oct 7, 2017, 12:01 AM

Prayed that your test will be negative and a treatment plan for whatever may be the cause of your troubles will be within quick reach

Prayer for you and your family is outbound.

Oct 7, 2017, 12:08 AM

Semper Fidelis! God listens.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 12:09 AM

Done!

done. <3 ******

Oct 7, 2017, 1:58 AM

Very sorry to hear that Travis. Will definitely pray for

Oct 7, 2017, 9:18 AM

you to be at peace and also for a favorable report from the tests. Hang in there!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Oct 7, 2017, 9:33 AM

Praying for you soldier. Try to keep your chin up. Best of luck.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oct 7, 2017, 10:11 AM

Specific prayer sent!

Go Tigers!

Will do!***

Oct 7, 2017, 10:47 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Oct 7, 2017, 11:02 AM

Prayers for favorable results!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 11:36 AM

Prayers have been lifted on your behalf! God has it my brother! By Jesus stripes we are healed! ??

Oct 7, 2017, 11:39 AM

Thank you for letting us know about your current situation. I prayed for you to have favorable test results and for your peace and total healing. I also pray for guidance for your doctors and that the Great Physician be in total charge of your healing every step of the way. Looking forward to hearing good news from you! God bless you!

Done***

Oct 7, 2017, 11:57 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

UPDATE

Oct 8, 2017, 10:13 AM

First, I want to thank each of you who prayed for me. I have not went to the sleep study yet, and I have about 5 more days of my sleep journal before I can even go. However, the more I read up on this so called disease, the more I'm convinced I don't have it. I have severe anxiety and PTSD to begin with, so I would naturally have some of the symptoms. The true determining factor would be the symptoms changing rapidly and turning into something pretty seriously, really quickly. I've been suffering from these symptoms for roughly a year, and I'd be in stage three heading to stage four if I had this disease.

PS, I've had two good nights of sleep. Again, thanks for the prayers. BRING ON THE TEST AND THE RESULTS!

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Would have been my best guess.

Oct 8, 2017, 10:27 AM

If you're anywhere near Virginia I'd be glad to meet up with you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UPDATE

Oct 11, 2017, 10:44 PM [ in reply to UPDATE ]

Thank you for the update. I'm sure the couple of decent nights have helped considerably, but you are wise to continue with the study. Please let us know when you actually make the trip to Atlanta. Keeping you in our prayers!

Re: UPDATE

Oct 12, 2017, 1:45 AM [ in reply to UPDATE ]

Thanks for the update Chesty!!

I'm not sure what you're doing throughout the day to help yourself at night, but I know many have turned to walking, running or working out. The slight physical output and additional fatigue has helped many rest better at night. There have been studies that have shown physical exercise increases in BDNF, a protein in the brain that fights stress and helps promote repair. People with PTSD are generally low in BDNF. Food for thought...

Continued best wishes and prayers for you. Again, thank you for your service, and I hope you find peace in knowing millions appreciate what you and many others have given.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 10:24 AM

Thanks for taking time to share Chesty!

Words aren’t enough to thank you for your service and selfless sacrifice. While I’m sorry you are going through this, I’m sure you wouldn’t do anything different, and aren’t looking for pity or sympathy.

So I’ll offer up some prayers and positive thoughts; encourage you to keep up the good fight; and look forward to getting your updates as you beat this crap.

God Bless and look over you my friend!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Done***

Oct 12, 2017, 12:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done....good luck and Godspeed brother***

Oct 12, 2017, 12:19 AM

Done and will continue to do.***

Oct 12, 2017, 12:36 AM

Re: Done and will continue to do.***

Oct 12, 2017, 6:39 AM

I will continue to pray for God to grant you strength and healing!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2017, 6:50 AM

Just said a prayer for you, brother and thanks for yr service to our country.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic