Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Dabo said

Nov 1, 2018, 10:44 AM

he hopes to be at Clemson "for a long, long, long, long time".

I am obviously assuming he means a decade per "long".

So I am okay with 40 years of Dabo.

10 down, 30 more to go...and again...I am fine with that!

Thanks Dabo, we love you too!

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2018/10/31/swinney-hopes-to-be-at-clemson-for-a-long-time/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo said

Nov 1, 2018, 10:49 AM

"...a long, long, long, long time." Only 4 longs? I am worried. 5 would have shown more commitment!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 10:50 AM

I can remember when Dabo was named our "full-time" head coach that he said something to the effect that "I will stay at Clemson as long as they want me." I take that with a grain of salt when other coaches have said that, but Dabo is a man of his word and a man of God.

Nov 1, 2018, 11:03 AM

He did not say "as long as everyone wants me" and he did not say what he defines as an adequate level of "want" and what the physical manifestation of said want might be. Remember this should he decide to leave because Clemson does not display this "want" through salary or level of control. I hope we display that "want" by keeping his salary at the very top of colleges coaches salaries and giving him all of the control he feels he need.

Nov 1, 2018, 1:22 PM

He has in fact alluded to that he loves where he is at and doesn't have to go somewhere else to do the things he wants...and that it would be dynamics that would change it (Clemson fans not wanting him anymore, change of AD or President that he doesn't get along with, etc). What he has NEVER done is act like money would ever be a maker or breaker....in fact, he's done the exact opposite when he was using some of his own salary to pay his coordinators more money.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/09/dabo_swinney_on_one_day_replac.html

"First of all, anybody that would even say that or suggest that, I'm humbled by that and certainly appreciate that anybody would even think that way, that they would want me to be a candidate for a job like Alabama. But that's just kind of the fandom. People just naturally make connections and things like that and they never really consider all factors. I've always said 'you never say never,' because you have no idea what the dynamics are going to be. Ten years from now, Alabama may call me and want me to come to Alabama, and the Clemson people may hate me at that point. I don't know. I may have a terrible president or a terrible AD. There's dynamics that can change. I'm always just focused on being great where I'm at and blooming where I'm planted.

"All I know is, there's nothing we can't do at Clemson. I don't have to go somewhere else to win at the highest level, to recruit great players, to have great support -- I really don't. I'm just really fortunate. My focus is here and hopefully I can be here for a long, long time. If something changes down the road, you process those things then. But I love this place."

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/11/clemsons_dabo_swinney_on_alaba.html
"You don't ever say never. You don't ever know what the circumstances would be at any given time," Swinney said. "First of all, Alabama may never, ever call me and I would never have a problem with that. They've got to do what they've got to do. My deal is to be great where I'm at. I had opportunities to leave Alabama. I had opportunities to leave Clemson. But I've just never been that guy about the next job. I'm about the job I've got."

Nov 1, 2018, 10:52 AM

'TIL DEATH DO US PART

Re: Dabo said- I will just say this

Nov 1, 2018, 11:30 AM

He has already done more than I could have ever imagined in any coaches tenure. Whether he goes now or in 30 years anything he does from now on is gravy to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pray for the Health and longevity of Nick Saban.***

Nov 1, 2018, 11:48 AM

Re: Pray for the Health and longevity of Nick Saban.***

Nov 1, 2018, 12:44 PM

Hmmm, one of the "when Mama Bama calls" guys. I don't think so. I think Dabo knows that Bama can't match what Clemson offers and that is the ability to call his own shots... NEVER gonna happen at Alabama and Dabo know this. If he does leave it will be for a school that says that they will give hime something that Clemson is unwilling to give.

Re: Pray for the Health and longevity of Nick Saban.***

Nov 1, 2018, 1:24 PM

Bottom line, Dabo ain't going anywhere soon. Better for us to talk about how bad we gonna kick Louisville's butts in two days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic