Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we have anyone else at kicker except Potter?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Do we have anyone else at kicker except Potter?

Jan 17, 2019, 8:07 AM

Spense and Hugel are both done. Thx.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do we have anyone else at kicker except Potter?

Jan 17, 2019, 8:10 AM

Sawicki will also be a place kicker but I can see Swanson taking over the kickoffs and Potter focusing on FGs. Spiers has competition with Swanson in the punting game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 8:14 AM

How tough could the punting competition be at the punter position???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 8:22 AM

Well, let's see. Have you ever punted In a college game? Spiers came up pretty big in the National Championship game. It will be a competition.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 8:26 AM

When Swanson gets on campus, the competition will be over. He will take over punting and FG.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 8:27 AM

Not fg's.

was that the exception or the rule?

Jan 17, 2019, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we have anyone else at kicker except Potter? ]

i wouldn't bank on that to much longer. Thank God he did well though. It was his Cole Stoudt moment.

Jan 17, 2019, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we have anyone else at kicker except Potter? ]

It'll be over in the spring...expect Aiden Swanson to take over the punting role.
https://247sports.com/player/aidan-swanson-46052341/

Jan 17, 2019, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we have anyone else at kicker except Potter? ]

What year is Sawicki and Swanson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 8:28 AM

Swanson will be on campus in July. He is out of IMG Academy, so true freshman.

Jan 17, 2019, 8:37 AM

Was Swanson recruited mainly for his punting?

Pretty sure the #1 punter in the nation

Jan 17, 2019, 11:00 AM

Still don't understand why he doesn't show stars on most sites...that could bring down our recruiting ratings if anyone cares about such things.

Jan 17, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we have anyone else at kicker except Potter? ]

um, last I saw, he is one of the early enrollees....he's on campus right now.
https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Article/Clemson-football-recruiting-early-enrollees--124801823/

Jan 17, 2019, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we have anyone else at kicker except Potter? ]

Sawicki will be a senior. Not a threat to start over Potter. Swanson is a very good punter. I expect Dabo to go with the freshman, but ....... One never knows. Spiers has been inconsistent, that's for sure.

Jan 17, 2019, 8:29 AM

Don't think Swanson will beat out Potter for FGs and Xtrapoints.

Jan 17, 2019, 9:29 AM

no, Potter will be the kickoff, FG, and PAT kicker, Swanson will mainly be the punter, possible backup for Potter if ever needed.

I would argue that Spiers was very consistent***

Jan 17, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we have anyone else at kicker except Potter? ]

Potter will be our KO guy- did you go to the bathroom

Jan 17, 2019, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we have anyone else at kicker except Potter? ]

or concession after every score? I seriously doubt anyone beats him out for that. He’s the first Clemson guy in 25+ years capable of doing what he does. Not to mention the old guys were kicking from 5 yds closer

Re: Potter will be our KO guy- did you go to the bathroom

Jan 17, 2019, 9:11 AM

I agree with you that Potter does a great job on kickoffs and keeps his starting position next year, but I'm pretty sure the "old guys" used to kick off from the 30, making it harder to kick it into the end zone!

Jan 17, 2019, 9:48 AM

Might have been the 30 but my old senile brain remembers that it was the 40 back in the dark ages.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 10:50 AM

Maybe I'm not thinking old enough. Google searches show in 2012 they moved the kickoff from the 30 to the 35 to try to reduce the number of injuries during returns. Not sure if it was something different further back than that or not though.

college was 40 and NFL was 35 back in the day***

Jan 17, 2019, 11:05 AM

They moved it from the 35 back to the 30 in 2007

Jan 17, 2019, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Potter will be our KO guy- did you go to the bathroom ]

after the NFL had done so a few years earlier. They then moved it back to the 35 in 2012 (after the NFL had done so a year earlier) when injury concerns on kickoffs became a big deal.

To go back to the Dark Ages that preceded your comment...

Jan 17, 2019, 11:30 AM

Kickoffs began in 1925 from the 40.

In 1986 they moved to the 35 because touchbacks had become too common and they wanted more big plays.

In 1991 the penalty for kicking OOB was increased to '30 yards from the kickoff line' instead of the original 25.

No one is taking over the kickoffs from Potter...

Jan 17, 2019, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we have anyone else at kicker except Potter? ]

The kid sends the vast majority of his kicks through the endzone eliminating any possibility of a return.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: No one is taking over the kickoffs from Potter...

Jan 17, 2019, 11:07 AM

Reminds me of an Ariri. He was not kicking into the endzone as Ford new he could, so after a couple of games Danny asked Obed why the kicks were not making the endsone. Obed's reply was that he thought that he was not supposed to kick into the endzone.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic