Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Potential Tiger Basketball coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Potential Tiger Basketball coach

Feb 20, 2019, 3:51 PM

Clemson needs a driven focused coach who can connect with students and isn't afraid to find talent who want a chance to succeed. Mike Young of Wofford would be a great hire, but with a new arena he likely would not accept the challenge as Spartanburg is home.

Many would say go grab Gregg Marshall, especially in a down year, but he too has found his home. Lately I have been following Winthrop Basketball to an extent and their current coach, Pat Kelsey, has shown he can develop a program and be steady over several campaigns. He has ACC background at Wake Forest so he knows the conference and if given the resources needed could be a really good coach long term. His family likes living in South Carolina and from a community standpoint Clemson obviously has a lot to offer.

Examine his record and style of play and I think we may have a winner right in our backyard.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Potential Tiger Basketball coach

Feb 20, 2019, 3:53 PM

I WASN'T AWARE OF A VACANCY ON OUR MENS BASKETBALL STAFF

SIGHHH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Feb 20, 2019, 3:57 PM

Me either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct, sir...but Brownell should take a hard look

Feb 20, 2019, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Potential Tiger Basketball coach ]

at his staff and evaluate the program. All the momentum from last year went poof, and we have flopped harder than the dork that set the screen on TL.

I mean seriously, what Clemson student would try and pick our starting QB on our soon to be pre-season #1 football team. He would be as vilified as the Rock vandal.

Re: You are correct, sir...but Brownell should take a hard look

Feb 20, 2019, 4:56 PM

You're comparing our football team with or basketball team?? Are you kidding? How would we be worse off if we dropped basketball?? You say that fans don't go go to Little John. Why should they? Why would you continue to go see a bad movie after it had bombed repeatedly at the box office, had bad acting, bad direction, and terrible reviews?? You wouldn't. That's Clemson basketball. I don't even follow the scores, let alone watch it. And fortunately, I don't care.

Well this was posted on the football board so he's

Feb 20, 2019, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Potential Tiger Basketball coach ]

obviously talking about a vacancy on our men's football staff. Moran.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Feb 20, 2019, 4:07 PM

I am a BB is a good coach... but if we were to get someone, get:

Nate Oats

Feb 20, 2019, 4:43 PM

Yes, suggested Oates before. He was successful before he was an assistant to Hurley and took over at Buffalo. Check it out:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Oats

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic