Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So gentleman like Quozzel call this following a cult?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 1

So gentleman like Quozzel call this following a cult?

Sep 7, 2020, 6:22 PM

(Some of) Current Administration Accomplishments:

Record economy, 4 million new jobs. Record unemployment - for women, minorities, youth, veterans etc.

400,000 new (brought back) manufacturing jobs.

Coal exports increased by 60%.

Farming exports record high.

NATO allies spending $70 billion more in defense.

More circuit court judges than any other new administration.

Iran deal eliminated.

Withdrew from job-eliminating, costly worthless Paris Climate Accord.

Executive Order to leep Guantanamo Bay open.

Improved vetting and screening for legal immigrants. Greatly curtailed and ongoing reduction in illegal immigration.

Tariffs against foreign steel and aluminum, bringing billions of dollars into the U.S..

Breakthrough agreements with E.U. to increase U.S. exports.

Record median household income.

4 million Americans moved off food stamps.

Biggest package to tax cuts and reforms, in history.

Obamacare individual penalty eliminated.

Record number of meaningless and taxing regulations eliminated.

Historic trade deals and still going.

Medicare reform for seniors.

Right-to-try legislation for those in need.

Drug manufacturing and pricing reform already in place and growing.

Crime reform.

Peace moves in the middle east and world.

Joe's Accomplishments (fill in the blanks):

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh.

Sep 7, 2020, 6:45 PM

Some context around most of these would probably change your opinion on them.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1303025397357932544?s=20

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1303077589695770624?s=20

The tax cut in a bull economy was fantastically stupid, and benefitted only the wealthy. Neat.

Peace moves in the Middle East and the rest of the world? Uh...

I'll keep going down the list when I get back from dinner, but man...what are you doing here?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sir, I used my words in my OP. Perhaps we could

Sep 7, 2020, 7:37 PM

debate the things I listed and what I see as good things?

If you think these things are false or somehow not "good" for the country, then please use your words to describe how and why. Of course you can cite references, but I'd rather you go through the points and offer your counterpoints instead of just copying and pasting links. Or saying, "uh...".

I know you're eating and all, and I'm about to go for a jog, but just for starters I wouldn't consider myself "wealthy", but gosh darn - I most definitely got more back in taxes in 2018 and 2019 than I ever have. That benefitted myself and my family tremendously. That's just one of the bullet points.

There are a so many more to discuss. I look forward to it, and too, don't forget to tell me what Biden and Kamala are going to do for the average American. Relax on China, for instance? Joe hasn't said a peep about China. What is his stance other than, "they're going to eat our lunch? Come on man!". Reduce funding for police? Joe said it. Raise taxes? Joe said it. New green jobs? Joe had 8 years. What did he do...in fact, ever? I'm just spitballin here.

Re: Huh.

Sep 7, 2020, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Huh. ]

I’m not wealthy and tax cuts benefited me.

Covid shutdowns caused more farm losses than China trade deals. Fact.

“Oh, but a bunch of politicians from the Lincoln vampire hunter project said so.....”- you in kind of a gay voice

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And some context to your context re: Iowa

Sep 7, 2020, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Huh. ]

10 million acres of crops destroyed. Not by China trade wars either.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/iowa-derecho-damage-farmers-profit.amp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And some context to your context re: Iowa

Sep 7, 2020, 10:17 PM

Super winds like this are the planet’s way of saying enough is enough and get rid of Trump.
Or something like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: So gentleman like Quozzel call this following a cult?

Sep 7, 2020, 6:50 PM

Here's another great Trump accomplishment...

https://trumpdeathclock.com/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol...

Sep 7, 2020, 6:55 PM

not the dead people

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, yes, the current administration is responsible for all

Sep 7, 2020, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: So gentleman like Quozzel call this following a cult? ]

Covid deaths. Right.

Care to put some meat on that bone? You know, define tbe specifics. What did the admin do or not do, for starters.

Re: Ah, yes, the current administration is responsible for all

Sep 7, 2020, 7:18 PM

If this happened under Obama you’d say the same thing. When you are POTUS the buck stops here.

https://youtu.be/B0NhA4oBGuc

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that's a huuuuge leap.

Sep 7, 2020, 9:02 PM

Has nothing to with Obama.

Is that the best you have for detailing how the current admin in responsible for deaths due to this global pandemic?

We haven’t seen the end of the Trump hurricanes yet.

Sep 7, 2020, 10:19 PM

Just wait and see how many those super storms kill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I asked this when you posted this list the other day...

Sep 7, 2020, 6:56 PM

"Peace moves in the middle east and world"

"Record number of meaningless and taxing regulations eliminated."

"Historic trade deals and still going."

"Withdrew from job-eliminating, costly worthless Paris Climate Accord."

Can you tell me how a trump cultist would reword those differently?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question?

Sep 7, 2020, 7:15 PM

Are these good things, or no?

The question is how would a "trump cultist" word these

Sep 7, 2020, 7:21 PM

--"Peace moves in the middle east and world"

--"Record number of meaningless and taxing regulations eliminated."

--"Historic trade deals and still going."

--"Withdrew from job-eliminating, costly worthless Paris Climate Accord."

I'm especially curious about how they would word "peace moves in the middle east and world."

I don't know.

Sep 8, 2020, 8:56 AM

Maybe you should ask a "trump cultist".

Sep 7, 2020, 8:29 PM

Most of your statements are just flat wrong, or I disagree with most of them.

4 million new jobs? Really? Have you looked out a window this year?

400,000 manufacturing jobs brought back. Really? See above.

Coal exports might be increasing, jobs certainly aren't. I was literally through West Virginia last weekend. It's bleak. Real bleak. The jobs aren't back because they're strip-mining now, and the process is heavily automated...so as usual, the owners are making money, the working man sure isn't. The most hopping building in Charleston is the State Lotto building. It looks like a giant slot machine when you drive by it on the highway.

Farming exports record high? Again, bull. Farmers are taking it on the chin since the trade war with China kicked off.

The circuit court judges happened because Mitch McConnell stopped Obama from filling those seats. That's Mitch's victory - though what goes around comes around, usually harder - not Trump's.

Iran deal "eliminated". Awesome. Now they're building nukes again and tensions with them are higher than ever...and we have no plan whatsoever.

Withdrew from "job-eliminating", "costly", "worthless" Paris Accord. Awesome again. You know what else eliminates jobs? Draught. Wildfires. Flooding. Super-hurricanes. Glaciers falling into the sea and rising sea levels and flooding coastal cities. Those things are also "costly". So I would not regard a global initiative to curb the spread of those things as anything resembling "worthless".

I could go on, but I suspect there's little point. We don't agree. At all.

Yet again, sir.

Sep 7, 2020, 9:22 PM

Fluff. No substance.

When you can actually debate facts with facts then let me know. I have references for everything I listed there.

You skipped a bunch of points and did nothing but offer subjectivity on the select things you (for some unknown reason) chose to hang your hat on.

I mean seriously, sir, you're speaking with feelings, not facts. You seem like a good man, just not real good at things like... data.

I'm particularly interested in what appears to be you blaming the administration for job loss though. Can you name two countries who are in better economic shape than the U.S. right now? No, you cannot.

COVID net affect on Economy:

1. JAPAN: - 7.82%
2. UNITED STATES: - 9.49%
3. GERMANY: - 10.09%
4: CANADA: - 12.00%
5. ITALY: - 12.35%
6. FRANCE: - 13.82%
7. UNITED KINGDOM: - 20.37%

Japan is an island roughly the size of California. China and Russia didn't provide data, but I'm sure they're doing just fine.

I bet you're one who blames the current admin for deaths too?

I just have a question on tariffs:

Sep 7, 2020, 9:36 PM

"Tariffs against foreign steel and aluminum, bringing billions of dollars into the U.S."

Where is that money being brought into the US & by whom? You do realize it's American companies paying the tariff on those goods, which will eventually get passed down to the consumer.

If I am mistaken & China has paid all these tariffs & the US treasury is just overflowing with the influx of cash, then I stand corrected.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Placing tariffs in imports does one or two things.

Sep 8, 2020, 8:53 AM

1. Protect domestic manufacturing and keep it here.

2. Force domestic manufacturers to move production back to the U.S.

I have seen #2 first hand in my previous company - literally over a million dollars in goods came back into my plant, and created bunches of new jobs for locals willing and able to work. I loved it. Like the good ol' days!

Revenue, for the U.S. It's not China literally handing us billions of dollars.

I honestly hope this helped understand.

Re: Placing tariffs in imports does one or two things.

Sep 8, 2020, 7:47 PM

How is that a net revenue gain if the same company that sent the work offshore just brought it back?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just have a question on tariffs:

Sep 8, 2020, 7:07 PM [ in reply to I just have a question on tariffs: ]

The manufactures using the raw steel and aluminum are absorbing the cost then passing it on to the consumers, you and me. You are 100% correct. The tariffs didn’t hurt China financially. Steel and aluminum have to be off shore sourced because the American mills can’t keep up or aren’t nearly as high a quality as some of the German or French grades. It will take years to establish American sources to replace what comes from overseas as well as cause massive delays in manufacturing schedules. All the while 25% tariffs erode any margin or completely collapse a product altogether.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your obsession with me continues.

Sep 8, 2020, 9:02 PM

Manufacturing in US = revenue for the U.S. Does this confuse you?

When my products were produced in China, you know communist China, their labor stream and revenue benefited. The Biden and Obama administration supported China and did nothing to fix the elephant in the room.

... When tariffs were introduced, we had to move much of our products back to being manufactured in America. By, you know, Americans. Monetary value, a product, and paychecks, made in America. Do I really need to go on? I will.

People, in this city of 30k, and in fact, we needed to reach out up to a 60 mile perimeter to find Americans who were willing and able to bust their tails to produce our products in the U.S. Very nice paying jobs. American families in need of income. We expanded and brought in 100's of new people to meet the demand of places like Home Depot, Lowe's, and several other major DIY stores in this country.. they buy and sell our product every single day.

I need to mention - this company is the leading manufacturer of these consumer goods in North America and one of the top 3 producers in the entire world. Most everyone in the world uses these goods. We produced nearly 15 million of these goods, every year. Made in America by American people.

We HAD to move millions of dollars worth of manufactured product back to the U.S... to maintain and even improve on profit margin of pre-tariffs.

People were happy. Jobs. Income. Keeping U.S. dollars in the U.S. We celebrated!

This is one company - one of many companies - forced to move manufacturing back to the U.S... because of the tariff plan.

I have another company I worked for... a similar situation. They are also moving much of their work back to the U.S... The world's NUMBER ONE producer of this consumer goods category. I can provide more detail if needed, but hopefully I can break through to you with what I've already said above and below.

It's not literally about China handing us billions of dollars. It's about keeping those dollars from leaving the U.S.

This is just one small sample of what the current administration did to help America. They put us first. You think those folks, those families, in my old company are happy about it?

Maybe this is over your head?

Maybe you should stick to defending our basketball program's decade of mediocrity? You go ahead and stick with juvenile claims of "gaslighting" and that nonsense, meanwhile, please let the men here discuss the future of our country and the world.

Take care.

Re: Your obsession with me continues.

Sep 8, 2020, 9:16 PM

I think you’re confused. The question was simple, so I thought. If the product already existed and was being manufactured here then moved to LCR (“low cost region), then back to the US, isn’t that just nominal? I’m not arguing against jobs for our workforce, but you alluded to “revenue increase” as a benefit of moving jobs back to the US. That just doesn’t make sense. You see, it just moved, it didn’t increase. You rehired the man you laid off when you sourced to China. The other posters are intuitive, you aren’t very good at this.

Sigh

Sep 8, 2020, 11:09 PM

You're hung up on the word "revenue". And that's it. I gave you a perfect example of how tariffs helped our country, and you're stuck on "revenue". You're simply incapable of accepting when you're wrong. When given precise facts and examples to show where you were wrong, you try to move the needle to something irrelevant and non-constructive. Like a word. One word.

Yet again, just Karen being Karen. It's a mirror image of your basketball debate failures.

By the way - the goods that were previously manufactured in China - they were essentially "sold" to my factory in the U.S. The factory in China had to pay their employees and maintain equipment needed to produce the goods. That puts USD in Chinese hands. "Revenue" is cut right there.

Can you at least try to "man up", and simply admit this bullet point has benefitted America and American people? Can you do it without showing the JudgeKaren side of your personality?

You obviously lost this bullet point. Would you like to try another?

Re: Sigh

Sep 9, 2020, 12:15 AM

No, those things are cost elements. Revenue means something opposite.

Yea well your OP and basis argument regarding Tariff’s is weak. Then you sight examples that defy cost accounting standards with a bogus example of revenue generation when you implied your company “moved” the products. Yes, that one word does cause a bit of a hang up, I’m afraid. You shouldn’t have sighted it when you don’t know how to defend it.

Economics are tough for a lot of people, but now that you changed what you originally said and your company organically grew by acquisition vs Your company outsourcing, that‘s top line growth. However, when the company saves 40% material cost and labor sourced to China, that’s USD’s going into the US economy, which doesn’t support your argument.

Oh JudgeKaren, you try to sooo hard

Sep 9, 2020, 1:08 AM

and fail even harder.

Like I said, you're hung up on one word, and you're wrong. Pretending isn't helping.

Product X profit (made in China): cost to manufacture, overhead, ship to U.S., and sell to customer at a margin = 100

Post tariffs -

Product X profit (made in U.S.A) = cost to manufacture, overhead, no shipping, no tariff cost, and sell to customer at a margin > than 100.

And yes, when taking into account the cost of what tariffs would have been, we actually MADE money in the change.

The company benefits, and the American people benefit.

Again, tariffs have netted out to billions in gain for America by, at a minimum, taking it away from China. It's just that simple.

It's almost like I could place my accounting books in your face, you could see the bottom line improvement, and still try to deflect and spout nonsense instead of just saying, "oh, yeah, you're right".

Please stop pretending as if you have any idea whatsoever what you're talking about. Ok, Karen?

Re: Oh JudgeKaren, you try to sooo hard

Sep 9, 2020, 10:41 AM

Ha ha, squirming is your most frequent look Courageous. I sure hope the company you work for keeps you busy with lots of mopping, sweeping and window cleaning. You are literally clueless about P&L. So much that it’s laughable. You are entertaining, I’ll give you that.

Do you know what the word "rebuttal" means.

Sep 9, 2020, 6:37 PM

If you do, why didn't you offer one?

I will make this as simple as I can. For you.

I gave you an example. A real life example. A world leader in this consumer good. A $5.8 billion dollar company, shifting operations to the U.S., Not just breaking even with changes post-tariffs, but improving the bottom line.

And maybe you missed it - I have another real life example. I worked for this company prior to the one above. A $7.7 billion dollar company, and the WORLD'S #1 PRODUCER in this DIY category. The CEO recently released a video, to the public, about their growth. Part of the growth is expanding operations from Admin to Manufacturing - in America. Because they realize they have to.

I am just one man. A man who has direct management ties to both of these world leading companies.

They are positive bullet points included in a long list of other positives. You know, good things, for America. You completely lost sight of the big picture in pursuit of your simplistic focus on .. tariffs.

Look, the record clearly shows all you can counter with is that I'm "squirming", moronic comments that these companies kept me busy, "mopping, sweeping, and window cleaning", and I'm "entertaining".

Really? Is that it? ..Are you 12, or just that emotionally and intellectually immature? We both know the answer, Ma'am.

I'll say it again - you're completely out of your league. Trying, and failing, in debates about "critical" things like basketball coaches seems to be the peak of your capacity.

Re: Do you know what the word "rebuttal" means.

Sep 9, 2020, 7:47 PM

Actually Courageous, I never took a stance on your OP. Check my replies. I didn’t reply because it was a stupid post. I don’t do politics with people like you because screaming at the sky isn’t something I get off on like you demonstrate often. I and other posters picked enough a part of your claims to demonstrate your incompetence. Didn’t take any effort. Pulling the string on the Tariff’s was just fishing. You bit, hook, line and sinker then you reverted your story example to fit your narrative after you knew you were busted.Again.

We can check off Import/Export Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Cost Accounting and Manufacturing from the list of things you have been exposed on after trying to appear knowledgeable.

The comment about mopping was serious. That’s your ceiling and I hope they keep you busy with work that fits your intellectual abilities. On the upside!!! It sounds like you only passed it on to your son instead of all of the children. That’s a win in my book!

Alright Courageous, you keep choppin away at it! I’m sure I’m the only that knows about you here...

Ooh, Karen.

Sep 10, 2020, 6:19 PM

You failed to rebut anything. Not one thing. So reminiscent of your emotional basketball rants.

Nobody has been able to diminish a single one of the accomplishments I listed, including the positive affect of tariffs, let alone even begin to cite PedoJoe's accomplishments as requested in the OP.

You're whistling past the graveyard, Karen.

Re: Ooh, Karen.

Sep 10, 2020, 6:37 PM

Well a lot of people had money in those Asian funds and they are taking a big hit right now. Its all about the money. NAFTA should have never been passed. You had a lot of former presidents and Bill Clinton congratulating each other when it was signed and it turn small towns all over the USA into ghost towns It took something like covid-19 for some people to come to the conclusion that we cannot count on other countries to produce our critical goods. Ole Slow Joe want it back like it was so he can keep getting the China money for his family.

Post your references.

Sep 7, 2020, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Yet again, sir. ]

And post nothing from OAN or InfoWars or any other fringe website that only serves as PR for Trump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Post your references.

Sep 7, 2020, 10:52 PM

Remember these guys?

I have this one as a Ferrous Cranus/Tireless Rebutter hybrid. What you think?

Ah, 2002. Simpler days.

http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/

Re: Yet again, sir.

Sep 7, 2020, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Yet again, sir. ]

I am starting to see why you have a lower pulse than olemike59 - or is olemike57, or is that just his daily countdown? I get confused. Whatever...he came in the last couple months like Yosemite Sam, enthusiastically blazing away with both barrels at everybody...and he's only down to a 59...maybe that "59" is his TigerPulse? Whatever. And you manage to out-do him in sheer earned hate. (Great job...I guess.)

I actually went down your list in order, and got bored...because your points were such I knew you weren't going to listen to anything I had to say. Your "debate" style is pretty much straight Alt-Right narcissist fanboy, and you guys are...tedious.

Nothing anybody else says is going to penetrate...and someone could pummel you in a "debate" all day long and you'd still be right there crowing about how you stopped their fists with your face, and eat it, loser, I win, I win, 'cause I'm just that awesome.

So...alrightee then. Have at it, bro. Go be your awesome self. In the old Flame Warrior parlance, you're one of those obvious "Ferrous Cranus"/"Tireless Rebutter" types and I've had enough go-arounds with your ilk over the years to know how pointless this game is.

Just not enough hours in the day, sorry.

You just aren't getting it.

Sep 8, 2020, 8:44 AM

If you were actually saying anything with any substance, then it might "penetrate". Look, if I want to read stories then I'll pick out my own book. I mostly enjoy your football stories, but it just doesn't work with critical thinking on things like.. politics.

You went down the list... and got "bored". Riiight. You meant to say you have no real counterpoints. Maybe you don't get that? Your feelings and hatred for the man is all you really have. Weird that you think you're actually making valid points though. They're really just feelings, Quoz. Please get that through your head. They don't count in things like, oh I don't know, running the most important country in the world? Sorry to say, you have ZERO debate skills, sir.

You write works of fiction based mostly on feelings or subjective opinions at best. Exactly like you did with this ^ reply. You literally made every single thing up and added what you feel is literary colorfulness.

I don't know why you had to try and turn it all personal, but just like everything else, it's just fiction. You made it all up.

When you're able to actually debate things, like "the list", then please let me know. But in the meantime, please stop trying your best to insult me based things you make up. It's just not gonna work.

Take care. And remember, it's not personal. It's not a good look for you to try and take it there.

You keep using that word "substance"

Sep 8, 2020, 10:11 AM

it doesn't mean what you think it means.

All you want to hear is how you are right. That's your substance.

You can't debate Trump cultists because they don't adhere to facts.

It's like playing chess with a pigeon. The pigeon is going to knock over all of the pieces then strut around like he won.

When facts are replaced by half truth talking points, there is no reason to debate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Nope.

Sep 8, 2020, 2:56 PM

Substance in this case means tangilbe, objective, and factual.

He doesn't have to agree with me on any of it. But I urge you to go back and read his "counterpoints". Even the very few things from "the list" that he chose to take on - there were no facts. Nothing tangible. No real data cited or used. Just feelings... because he doesn't like the man, Donald Trump. That's all it is.

He still hasn't even tried. He claims he's bored with it, or that he's not responding because his major defense was to weakly categorize me. He couldn't be further from the truth. He "wordsmiths". He writes stories. It doesn't work in these types fo discussions. Cool for football stories, but not in this arena.

It's not personal. You're free to help him out if you like. You say you have facts. Where? You say I'm a pigeon playing chess (???), but you're not even playing checkers. Get outta here with the games.

Just more of the same fluff parade. Empty words attempting to sound legitimate.

I'll check back to take a look at your "facts", assuming you'll at least give it a try. I'm not interested in reading yet another story though.

Again, it's not at all personal. Take care.

You've been asked for evidence...

Sep 8, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to You just aren't getting it. ]

And not just your claims, and you have yet to provide them. You're doing the exact thing you're accusing him of doing.

A lot of people like to throw out the "critical thinking" phrase when they don't actually know what that means. By simple definition, it's "the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment." Or being able to examine any kind of claim while also researching the validity of said claim.

Blind Trump loyalism, which you exhibit, immediately eliminates critical thinking. It also shows the inability to actually research your claims and provide unbiased evidence to support them. Many of your claims have already been dashed.

Much of what you posted is made-up fiction, just like what you accuse quozzel of doing. Other things you posted had little or nothing to do with Trump, or were already occurring.

-The economy, for example, was already on a major upswing before Trump. Trumpists intentionally lie about this because they don't want to acknowledge that the president really doesn't have that much control over it.

-Farming exports have been on a steady rise for decades. This has nothing to do with Trump. They hit record highs during Obama's years. Again, nothing to do with him. The exports increase because the population increases. That's it.

-The Iran issue is a proven disaster. Proven in this thread.

-The NATO negotiation happened in 2014.

-The record median household hasn't shot up under Trump. You repeated a lie.

-Illegal immigration was already trending down when Trump took over.

-He hasn't brought peace to the Middle East or the world. Name one conflict he stopped.

-The tariffs have harmed America and haven't brought in more money. Someone challenged you to prove the claim; you dodged the question with a personal anecdote. That lacks critical thinking.

Also, from the little I've seen posted from you and the stuff I've seen from Quoz, he'd obliterate you in a debate. He and others here already destroyed your claims.

So here's what actually happened. You copied an pasted some crap from either the Trump campaign or a fringe website (maybe an email you got) without taking any time to fact check the validity of each claim. THAT is the action of a cultist: blindly believing whomever you adore when he feeds you BS. That also shows a complete lack of critical thinking skills.

When you make a claim, be ready to prove it. Or, at least, have the sense to look them up yourself. In short, you kinda suck at this.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: You've been asked for evidence...

Sep 8, 2020, 1:44 PM

Maybe but just maybe Trump can stop this from happening.

What, that's it?

Sep 8, 2020, 2:15 PM

That Biden is a creep? Sure, yeah, he's a creep. Thought that was already established.

But Trump is a pedo creep too, so looks like we're screwed either way.

Re: You've been asked for evidence...

Sep 8, 2020, 8:05 PM [ in reply to You've been asked for evidence... ]

Man, I thought quozzel worked him over like a speed bag... Well stated.

It’s classic gaslighting and the only club in his bag.

Ask him if he thinks “more easier” is proper English... That was a great “debate,” ??

Re: You just aren't getting it.

Sep 9, 2020, 7:27 AM [ in reply to You just aren't getting it. ]

Sorry, did not mean to upvote this post!

Sep 9, 2020, 8:15 AM

That being SavageTig's from Sep 8, 2020 8:44 AM (sorry again, new user)

WHO ARE YOU?***

Sep 9, 2020, 9:45 AM

Sep 9, 2020, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: You just aren't getting it. ]

You got it all excited and then just dashed it’s ego. Nope, still a loser losing new arguments for the same reason.

Re: Yet again, sir.

Sep 8, 2020, 1:06 AM [ in reply to Yet again, sir. ]

This guy blames trump for everything. Before the China Virus we were the way to have the best job numbers ever. They have a candid for president well just look below

But hey,

Sep 8, 2020, 9:10 AM

He is going to end systemic racism, oppression, and white privilege. We're all going to be..happy. And get along. You know, like we used to be and do. I really like the "build it back better" slogan too. I believe it because, well, his record of doing so is immense and perfectly easy to see. Just look at all the work him and Barack did in this regard. Can't argue with all that!

Plus he's going to place us in lockdown to "get control of the virus", save lives, aaand fix the economy too. All at once.

And look at China. Those are good people. Like they would ever "eat our lunch", or you know, the thing. Come on man!

You know, because the nasty orange man is responsible.. for all of it.

Sep 7, 2020, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: So gentleman like Quozzel call this following a cult? ]

My favorite kind of hurricane is the SUPER hurricane, but that’s because I’m pro-climate.

And I like to tell people that the Earth has never, ever seen storms like these. Ever.
Because Trump. And I’m pretty sure the planet has never seen storms like these.

Sep 7, 2020, 10:14 PM

I have to call BS on that one sunshine. Have you ever heard of the ice age?

Sep 7, 2020, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: So gentleman like Quozzel call this following a cult? ]

Global warming is real and has been real since the last ice age.

Sep 7, 2020, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: So gentleman like Quozzel call this following a cult? ]

Thankfully here in America we have all hurricanes. Great hurricanes. Tall hurricanes. Lamborgini Huracans. All the hurricanes. All at Kinkos.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Sep 8, 2020, 4:36 AM [ in reply to Re: So gentleman like Quozzel call this following a cult? ]

You're not arguing with me. You're arguing with Jeff Masters and his colleagues. I know experts with PhD's don't know as much as you, but this is what they are saying: Cat 6's are coming. You dump more CO2 into the atmosphere, you get bigger storms.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/15/hurricane-category-6-this-is-how-world-ends-book-climate-change

two sides to a coin

Sep 8, 2020, 9:49 AM

The tax cuts are a great example. On the one hand, the "record" economy was great for investors who saw the value of their stock portfolio blow up when the larger companies in the S&P500 used the newly freed cash for stock buy backs. On the other hand, there is no evidence to suggest that based on the size of the tax cuts that it made a proportional difference in job growth.

Actually, looking back in the context of Covid19, it looks far less spectacular. The tax cuts were not handled properly on the balance sheet because we didn't cut spending, even though Trump had a GOP House and GOP Senate. So we actually dug ourselves a much deeper hole and when business slammed on the brakes we had A LOT less dry powder left to put into action and now the hole is that much deeper.

Looking back on it in terms of the largest deficit ever, some could call the tax cuts shamefully reckless.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/coronavirus/2020/9/5/21424049/congressional-budget-office-warns-largest-budget-deficit-since-1945

Coal was the worst industry for Trump

Sep 8, 2020, 10:06 AM

.....and I have soft spot for coal, my grandfather worked in the mines in his teen years. Unfortunately, it is an industry that is no longer as important as it once was to American industry. Trump used those poor coal miners as a campaign rally prop but he could honestly care less about them and you and I both know it. Ever wonder why we haven't heard much about coal in his speeches this campaign season?

Exports won’t save coal

The EIA or Energy Information Administration estimates that coal exports were less than 14% of total coal production in 2019. Thermal coal exports, used for power plants, was less than 6% of total production, while metallurgical coal exports, used for steelmaking, was 8%.

There is also a downward trend in coal exports this year as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence by the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis. The data shows that through February 22 exports via the top five coal-export ports have declined from 13% to 69% year over year.

In an economy with over 129 million people employed by businesses, there are only just over 50,000 coal miners in the U.S. or 0.04% of the total number of people working. While there was a small uptick in coal miners after Trump was elected by a few thousand, the latest jobs report shows that there are fewer coal miners now working vs. three years ago.

This compares to over 6.4 million jobs being added in the past three years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/03/07/the-coal-industry-has-lost-almost-one-thousand-jobs-since-trump-became-president/#63eed1f82e29

NATO Spending Was Negotiated in 2014

Sep 8, 2020, 10:10 AM

Trump had nothing to do with it, but is claiming that it was all because of his incredible work.

Under NATO commitments forged 2014 — two years before Trump took office, and coinciding with Russia’s annexation of Crimea — each ally has until 2024 to reach their goal to spend 2 percent of its gross domestic product on its own defense.

https://www.defensenews.com/congress/2020/08/28/trump-boosts-questionable-nato-funding-claims-in-gop-convention-speech/

Set us on a quicker path to Iranian Nukes

Sep 8, 2020, 10:23 AM

Yay, he broke Obama's horrible nuclear deal. But what do we have now?

Oh, we have no deal. In fact, despite his empty promises to renegotiate a deal, we are not going to get any kind of deal anytime soon.

So his inability to negotiate has pushed Iran to build a state of the art refinement facility in a mountain bunker. Congrats, I guess. Is this how we are supposed to do national security?

https://af.reuters.com/article/iran-nuclear-natanz-idAFL8N2G5477

Don't forget about trying to dismantle ACA

Sep 8, 2020, 10:26 AM

so he can replace his really good really big healthcare replacement plan that we still don't know what it is.

Exactly

Sep 8, 2020, 11:51 AM

There was no plan, you and I both know that. It was totally unrealistic from the get go. It was just a slash and burn with no intention of ever providing a solution.

Record median household income.

Sep 8, 2020, 10:29 AM

Misleading claim. It's no different than prior years.

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2018/09/highest-median-household-income-on-record.html

Improved vetting and screening for legal immigrants.

Sep 8, 2020, 10:47 AM

Are you talking about Trump's family separation policy?

It should make you sick.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/07/20/zero-tolerance-immigration-policy-family-ice-covid-19-column/5437873002/

Re: Improved vetting and screening for legal immigrants.

Sep 8, 2020, 12:46 PM

Your link to an opinion piece by USA today is an opinion not facts. My opinion is illegal aliens should go back to where ever they came from and follow the law in coming to the USA. We should not give them health care like your candidate wants. My other opinion is he is a perv.

Facts are what they are, it's heartless and inhumane.

Sep 8, 2020, 1:05 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/22/trump-deportation-policy-families-torn-apart

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/how-trumps-family-separation-policy-has-become-what-it-is-today

https://time.com/5314769/family-separation-policy-donald-trump/

Re: Facts are what they are, it's heartless and inhumane.

Sep 8, 2020, 1:13 PM

This is what your commander and Creep did. Obama built the cages

doubling down on a policy to take rip kids away from parents

Sep 8, 2020, 1:19 PM

doesn't exactly make Trump look heroic.

Obama and Biden were not separating families. This is where your attempted distortion fails.

Re: doubling down on a policy to take rip kids away from parents

Sep 8, 2020, 1:22 PM

Look most of the children were found out not to be from the people they were traveling with and were sold to them to make a family unit but that OK right?

you just gave a great example of the cult dynamic

Sep 8, 2020, 2:04 PM

you make an outright denial of the facts without providing any substance to back up your claim. You don't have any actual proof that this is a widespread phenomena, because there is no actual evidence to that effect.

If you continue to support Trump's ongoing horror show you are as mentally captured as history's other cult sycophants that have come before. We might as well call this Jonestown Part II.

In its January report, the inspector general said: “The total number of children separated from a parent or guardian by immigration authorities is unknown. Pursuant to a June 2018 Federal District Court order, HHS has thus far identified 2,737 children in its care at that time who were separated from their parents. However, thousands of children may have been separated during an influx that began in 2017, before the accounting required by the Court, and HHS has faced challenges in identifying separated children.”

Federal officials have since said that it could take another year or two to identify all of the children who were separated after entering the U.S. on or after July 1, 2017.

The evidence shows that border enforcement policies that separated families were not the same under Trump and Obama. The policy of criminally prosecuting all illegal border crossings was unique to the Trump administration. That’s what caused the separations that Trump said he “stopped” with this executive order — it wasn’t anything Obama did.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/more-family-separation-spin/

Re: doubling down on a policy to take rip kids away from parents

Sep 9, 2020, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: doubling down on a policy to take rip kids away from parents ]

I see you are one of those facts over truth people. I am only stating an opinion like all of you other Dems on here. My opinion is based on the parents are release but never come back for their hearing-their children. If they were my kids there would be no way I leave them and never come back. If it sound like the truth then it is what it is.

food stamps is another inflated claim

Sep 8, 2020, 11:44 AM

This was a trend that started a long time before Trump showed up. Enrollment is generally supposed to drop in most of these programs when unemployment is low and the economy is doing well — and the figures should grow during an economic recession.

Back in 2017, when Trump promised to lift “millions” off welfare, we noted that the welfare rolls, meaning TANF, had already declined by millions — from 10.9 million average monthly recipients in fiscal 1997 to 2.8 million in fiscal 2016, a reduction sparked by 1996 legislation signed by then-President Bill Clinton to put work requirements and time limits on TANF.

But if he were including SNAP and other programs as “welfare” then, the promise wouldn’t have meant much.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trumps-welfare-claim/

Sep 8, 2020, 12:53 PM

There were 11 million new jobs created when Obama was POTUS. 4 million is a neat start for Trump though.

Sep 8, 2020, 1:02 PM

You can throw out all the BS you want but it still opinion. If you ask small business were they better off under Obama or Trump well its not Obama.

Sep 8, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: So gentleman like Quozzel call this following a cult? ]

Can we all agree on this? Lobbyists are the problem. Campaign finance reform has become the problem. Special interests come in many different ways to both parties. Cpacs are a problem as they set up right now.

Bottom line , we aren’t all that different. However, our differences get blown up to a point we can’t discuss/ negotiate like folks before I’d say, before 2000. It’s a mess and I wish there was a way to communicate without taking sides IMMEDIATELY.

Why did McConnell block HR1?

Sep 8, 2020, 2:26 PM

For the People Act of 2019

This bill addresses voter access, election integrity, election security, political spending, and ethics for the three branches of government.

Specifically, the bill expands voter registration and voting access and limits removing voters from voter rolls.

The bill provides for states to establish independent, nonpartisan redistricting commissions.

The bill also sets forth provisions related to election security, including sharing intelligence information with state election officials, protecting the security of the voter rolls, supporting states in securing their election systems, developing a national strategy to protect the security and integrity of U.S. democratic institutions, establishing in the legislative branch the National Commission to Protect United States Democratic Institutions, and other provisions to improve the cybersecurity of election systems.

This bill addresses campaign spending, including by expanding the ban on foreign nationals contributing to or spending on elections; expanding disclosure rules pertaining to organizations spending money during elections, campaign advertisements, and online platforms; and revising disclaimer requirements for political advertising.

This bill establishes an alternative campaign funding system for certain federal offices. The system involves federal matching of small contributions for qualified candidates.

This bill sets forth provisions related to ethics in all three branches of government. Specifically, the bill requires a code of ethics for federal judges and justices, prohibits Members of the House from serving on the board of a for-profit entity, expands enforcement of regulations governing foreign agents, and establishes additional conflict-of-interest and ethics provisions for federal employees and the White House.

The bill also requires candidates for President and Vice President to submit 10 years of tax returns.

Answer: "because I decide what we vote on"

Sep 8, 2020, 2:31 PM

When asked at a news conference why he wasn’t bringing the House electoral reform bill to the Senate floor, McConnell said, with a grin, "Because I get to decide what we vote on.”

He is so terrified of a fair election, devoid of campaign finance abuse, that he needed to squash the discussion about elections and campaign finance reform entirely. No discussion. No negotiation. Nothing.

Total scumbag.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/06/mcconnell-election-reform-bill-1207702

Trump had the house and senate in the first two years and only passed one bill

Sep 8, 2020, 8:47 PM

All he could pass was a tax cut, which has increased our deficit to historical highs. Trump is too divisive to negotiate with the other side. The true mark of a president is passing bills. He can’t do that because he can’t get along with the other side. Yes, the Democrats have their problems as well and deserve blame as well.

Trump has stripped a lot of regulations, but I am in the banking industry and that also happened back in the bush administration. Needless to say, that didn’t work out so well did it? It caused the 2008 great recession.

Replies: 74
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic