Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Post-game traffic from Lot 2 to Seneca
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Post-game traffic from Lot 2 to Seneca

Sep 16, 2019, 12:34 PM

Anybody figured out the best way yet? The post-game flow map shows that you can turn right or left onto 93 from Centennial, but after the A&M game you could only turn right back toward town. I managed to jog across Centennial to Ravenel to Perimeter and make a left turn onto 93 (thanks to whoever let me into the line), but the traffic was barely moving 2 hours after the game. And the local paper said that Ravenel was closing for utility work.

After the Tech game I went down Williamson to Perimeter to Cherry Road but that wasn't any better. I'm not talking right after the game here, I'm talking 1.5 - 2 hrs after.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I head back to greenville so I'm not

Sep 16, 2019, 1:01 PM

Sure what the hold up is going to seneca.

I can tell you 1 of the problems heading to greenville or Anderson is the traffic cops.

There are a lot of police on 93 getting traffic off of campus. The problem is they stop directing traffic at 76. Once you cross over 76 everything becomes 2 lanes... ...and you are at the mercy of the traffic light getting on 123.

If they put a cop at that light, with some common sense, things on 93 toward central would move faster.

I say common sense because there is a cop on 76 toward Anderson controlling the traffic light at the intersection of 76 and 28, right in front of the bilo. He is controlling that light but he holds it way too long for the folks on 28.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Post-game traffic from Lot 2 to Seneca

Sep 16, 2019, 1:06 PM

There is no good way to leave Clemson after a mid-afternoon or night game.

That is why TNET is always praying for nooners to thin out traffic leaving town.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 1:34 PM

Go down the entrance at the northwest corner of Lot 2 to Centennial Blvd. You can go right or left on 93 there. Go left on 93 to 123. Go left on 123 to Seneca.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 1:36 PM

Unless I read the cones incorrectly, there was no ability to make a left turn from Centennial onto 93.

Sep 16, 2019, 1:43 PM

That's how I went after aTm. Didn't leave right away though.

Cars turning both ways.

Sep 16, 2019, 6:32 PM

Been parking in Lot 2 for 10+ years and also go to Seneca. When you exit NW corner on Centennial- the cops force all traffic into down town and will not let you turn left on 93 towards Seneca until an hour or 2 after the game ends. What I do is turn left on Centennial and swim upstream. Then hang a right in front of Little John and exit with that traffic- as the cops let you turn left towards Seneca on that side. Don’t get scared swimming up stream. I do it every week.

Sep 16, 2019, 7:01 PM

I usually hang out for an hour or two. Maybe that's why I can go left there.

Followup - I called the IPTAY office.

Sep 16, 2019, 1:35 PM

The lady said SCHP controls the traffic flow. I asked her where the map came from. She said SCHP. I said, well they're not following their own map then. After a moment of silence, she said she'd contact parking to have them reach out to SCHP.

Sep 16, 2019, 4:04 PM

Post game traffic this year is the worst I can remember...not sure what the problem is.

I was told there was a shortage of SCHP at TAMU game

Sep 16, 2019, 4:13 PM

due to the need on the coast after the hurricane. That contributed to the traffic control problems.

The GT game was a Cluster I agree. Because Thursday night? That's what I am attributing it to.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was told there was a shortage of SCHP at TAMU game

Sep 16, 2019, 7:24 PM

In the 80s we averaged at least 5000 more fans per game and rarely was there a problem getting in or out. Now to get to Lot 21 it takes 30 to 45 mins once you turn onto Perimeter Road. Came in from Seneca, stayed at Oconee State Park, great coming in. Leaving had to go out Perimeter to 76 and bsck to 123 through town. Extra 45 mins to an hour.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was told there was a shortage of SCHP at TAMU game

Sep 16, 2019, 7:44 PM

This. ^^^^^^*. SCHP were on the coast. Local law enforcement in place of. And while we’re at it, what is wrong on 123 toward Greenville after games? Traffic just stops

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic