Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Positives and Negatives from the game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,584

Positives and Negatives from the game

Dec 30, 2019, 2:17 PM

I would like to hear some of your positives and negatives from the game. Just a couple in each category. This isn't meant to be a biotch session, just simple take-aways from the game. Start with the negatives so we end on a positive note. GO!

Negatives:
Field Goal Kicking
Failed to capitalize on the first turnover

Positives:
Relentlessness - both on offense and defense
An absolute will to win

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Positives and Negatives from the game

Dec 30, 2019, 2:22 PM

Injuries and missed sacks.

Gutsy play & awesome runs by TL And TE.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a couple thoughts...

Dec 30, 2019, 2:24 PM

Negatives: taking so long to adjust to OSU offense and the big plays especially for Dobbins. FG kicking is still suspect at long range; >35yards. Need to get Etienne more looks in open space.

Positives: the ability to adjust mid-game and shut down the opponent's ability to sustain drives, red zone defense kept us in the game, Will Spiers had a career game, Trevor Lawrence is exactly who we think he is (gutty, tenacious, refuse to lose, field general), Etienne is a beast when in the open field.

Overall: I would grade us out as follows..
Offense: B+, A+ on the 4-play, 95 yard TD drive
Defense: A-, kept us in the game and really slowed them down in the second half
Special Teams: A- for punting, B for field goal kicking
Coaching: B+, took a while to adjust to OSU offense but we did adjust and take over the game
Fan Support: A-, good turnout in Glendale despite the distance

Go Tigers!!!

Natty!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Dec 30, 2019, 2:27 PM

* Trevor Lawrence got some wheels....of course Clemson fans knew that, but dang, that Touchdown run showcased it on National TV against a good Defense.

* OUr coaches made some great adjustments in the offensive plan, using QB running plays, and passes to ETN....both proved to be huge in this game.

* Tanner Muse....Heart of Champion. He had the Hunter Renfro-like tackle of the game.
* Im not sure what the of defense we are playing, but it seemed we were keeping everything in front of us....just like last year's game against bama.

* Neg: I really expected our WR Unit to break open on a few plays....seems that never happened. I get there were injuries, but as WRU our young guys should step up and toast that secondary.
* Neg: When Ross had the fumble/incomplete catch, it reminded me of the Bama game were he had another close call with a catch/fumble....need him to take care of the ball a bit more.
* Neg: We still did not generate pressure from the D-line.

I hope we are able to disrupt that passing game of LSU!

Dec 30, 2019, 2:38 PM

also, wanted to add:

* We are still very explosive team

* Neg: We did not sustain drives to eat up clock and give a our D a rest

Dec 30, 2019, 2:32 PM

Neg: field goals (you would think a national power could have a better kicker than Memphis)
Rushing yards allowed in the first half.
Our two safety's 19 and 24 can be beat. We were lucky on the last play the receiver went the
cut the other way.

Pos: We never quit.
Our linebackers looked more elite than I thought they were going into the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 7:59 PM

Negatives: we are very susceptible to a really uptempo offense (which I think LSU can run). When you take away BV's last second adjustments we can get hurt.

We need to balance our wide receivers with more throws to Amari and the TE across the middle.

Positives: In game coaching adjustments and the will to win. I have thought that TL was more talented than DW, but now I see that he has that inner fire that made DW such a winner too.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:09 PM

Positives
Team did not quit or sulk after being down 16-0.
Trevor went to another level in the toughness department. He’s a different guy now.
ETN was spectacular as a receiver. More of that please.
The poise of Trevor and the offense on the last drive was more than we could ask for. Just wow.
As he often does, CBV made successful in-game adjustments that stifled the opponent.
Won the TO battle 2-0.
Red zone defense saved the game.
It took a while but the play-calling adjusted well to account for OSU's dominant D-line.
Assuming we are totally healthy on Jan 13th, the intensity of the win should help us.

Negatives
O-line got owned. Run-blocking was terrible. Pass blocking was closer to acceptable.
Receivers could not get separation against elite CBs.
The early TD run by Dobbins was inexcusable! Slow starts by the defense happen too often.
A reason our red zone D was good is Dobbins dropped two TDs passes. We were lucky.
Both defenses hit hard but overall OSU was more physical than us.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:12 PM

The story of the game is now we have a feared QB running attack.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,584
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic