Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Portal is getting full!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Portal is getting full!

May 19, 2019, 9:04 PM

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn quarterback Malik Willis has entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: Portal is getting full!

May 19, 2019, 9:09 PM

I reckon we ought to find this dadgum transfer portal and blow it to smithereens. Rescue Feaster and Shaq to safety, then destroy the portal wherever it is. No more portal for heaven's sake

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 9:45 PM

The transfers portal would die a slow death if all coaches ran their program like Coach Swinney, he doesn’t take transfers. If this gets out of hand the coaches will only have themselves to blame.

If Feaster ends up at U5Sjr, and that appears to be where he is headed, in my mind he will no longer be a Tiger and will always be a coot.

Re: Portal is getting full! Calling it a

May 19, 2019, 10:21 PM

port hole may be more fitting

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Portal is getting full! ]

I’m not arguing the sentiment of disdain for the transfer portal, however, for the record Dabo does in fact take transfers but does not take JUCO players.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may be right, but

May 19, 2019, 11:26 PM

I can’t think of a transfer Dabo has taken. Examples?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Re: You may be right, but

May 19, 2019, 11:46 PM

Nick Schuessler

May 20, 2019, 1:56 AM

He was a walk-on transfer not on scholarship, that’s a lot different than actively recruiting players in the transfer portal the same as you do high school players. To date Coach Swinney hasn’t taken a scholarship transfer, nor has he actively recruited a player in the transfer portal. If you didn’t know Coach Swinney promises all high school recruits that they don’t have to worry about players from outside the program coming in and taking their position, and I don’t see Coach Swinney changing his philosophy. Now you can technically say he takes transfers, but in 11 seasons he’s taken two both walk-on QB’s, one from Stanford, the other from Miss. State, neither had any chance of starting, they were simply scout team players.

May 20, 2019, 7:02 AM

We can add Kellen Jones to the list from Oklahoma. My point is Dabo does take transfers, I’m in no way implying that’s a pillar of his construction of the program. Regardless, you can’t ignore facts to make a point.

The transfer portal is not going away. As I’m sure he will, Dabo and every other head coach will have to adapt their programs to it.

I don’t think the transfer portal alone is setting up the biggest threat to normalcy in college football. It’s the portal along with the many undergraduates lawyering up to be eligible to play immediately. The combination is setting up the “free agency” of the game. A possible deterrent could be giving an option of playing immediately but no scholarship can be awarded to you for that academic year or sitting out the year while retaining your scholarship. I’m sure there are plenty of problems with that thought as well as ways for programs to work around it.

Message was edited by: Tigerman040210®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kellen Jones was a special situation with the hiring of

May 20, 2019, 7:57 AM

coach Venables. It probably had a lot more to do with a promise that the coach made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kellen Jones was a special situation with the hiring of

May 20, 2019, 8:14 AM

I agree with that point completely. Regardless, it further debunks the myth “Dabo doesn’t accept transfers”. Exceptions do not validate blanket statements. “Dabo only takes transfers in unique circumstances” I can get behind that.

or he took one transfer 7 years ago in a special

May 20, 2019, 8:24 AM

circumstance near the beginning of his career but hasn't taken a scholarship transfer since.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Olson, from Stanford***

May 20, 2019, 12:00 AM [ in reply to You may be right, but ]

A senior that was only brought in to run the scout team

May 20, 2019, 7:58 AM

he never played his first 3 years either.

Saftey, Austin jackson & grad transfer qb from Stanford

May 20, 2019, 6:09 AM [ in reply to You may be right, but ]

Off the top of my head piece

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2019, 8:55 AM [ in reply to You may be right, but ]

he took the QB transfer from Stanford 3 years ago for one

May 20, 2019, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Portal is getting full! ]

I just can't see Feaster at UofSuC, he wants to go somewhere that is a contender and has the pieces around him so he doesn't have to be the sole focus. UofSc has pieces around it but of sh yt not players!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 11:50 PM

although in theory a player in the portal can return to his team, how many non-desperate coaches would take them back ? I think most players will end up regretting entering the portal, as the grass only looks greener on the other side.

May 20, 2019, 6:00 AM

It is something like a black hole, Star Trek transporter, or Star Wars-y kind of thing. I don't know if anything this wordly can blow it up or empty it out. If Feaster becomes a chicken, it is definitely an alien concoction of some sort and needs to go.

Time to pull the handle?

May 20, 2019, 9:24 AM

KaWoosh!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic