Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Ferocious Dog: Quarterback guru says don't overlook Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

New Story: Ferocious Dog: Quarterback guru says don't overlook Kelly Bryant

Feb 28, 2017, 8:24 AM

Ferocious Dog: Quarterback guru says don't overlook Kelly Bryant

Most of the buzz surrounding the quarterback competition headed into Clemson’s spring practice centers on redshirt freshman Zerrick Cooper and true freshman Hunter Johnson. But it wouldn’t be wise to overlook rising junior Kelly Bryant. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Ferocious Dog: Quarterback guru says don't overlook Kelly Bryant

Feb 28, 2017, 8:38 AM

That was a ready hard read with all the grammatical errors.

Thank you. I was about to make a post about that exact same thing***

Feb 28, 2017, 9:32 AM

you get what you pay for***

Feb 28, 2017, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ferocious Dog: Quarterback guru says don't overlook Kelly Bryant ]

She's pretty much quoting the guru word-for-word it seems.

Feb 28, 2017, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ferocious Dog: Quarterback guru says don't overlook Kelly Bryant ]

Not sure where a journalist draws the line in correcting grammar for someone being interviewed.

All I can say is I better not say what I wanna say

Feb 28, 2017, 8:45 AM

Not sure who the guru they're talking about. Is that really his uncle. This has actually been discussed maybe 1,000 posts or more. There is/was a reason he was third string. #### around and you'll run all your good QB's off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4 and Chad Kelly worked out with this QB coach before...***

Feb 28, 2017, 9:26 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW4 and Chad Kelly worked out with this QB coach before...***

Feb 28, 2017, 10:42 AM

Thanks. I had seen where Chad Kelly had but I didn't know if DW did or not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not necessarily about him

Feb 28, 2017, 8:48 AM

It's about the people he's gonna have behind him. Kelly is talented no doubt but I just don't see how he beats out Cooper or Johnson other than just being an upperclassman.

Re: It's not necessarily about him

Feb 28, 2017, 2:57 PM

Just curious- where is all the leadership, athletic and mental prowess data on all of our QB's coming from? Why are so many Tigernet pundents so sure of who our future QB should be? I hate the disrespect these pundents, with such perfect blends of arrogance and ignorance, pile onto our QB corp.

Link to Ramon Robinson, quoted in article

Feb 28, 2017, 9:22 AM

http://rrqbtraining.net/about/trainers/

FWIW: Just a bit of context as to who is speaking and what their background and qualifications might be.

Re: Link to Ramon Robinson, quoted in article

Feb 28, 2017, 10:20 AM

"he was a multi-sports superstar at TL Hanna High School"

I just chuckle at the idea of calling oneself a superstar in high school.

Unlike the gurus on tnet***

Feb 28, 2017, 12:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Link to Ramon Robinson, quoted in article

Feb 28, 2017, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Link to Ramon Robinson, quoted in article ]

Not going to lie, that's a pretty lackluster resume. Sorry I'm not thoroughly impressed by his defunct football league records.

Feb 28, 2017, 9:22 AM

We can talk about what he "can" do till the sun comes up....I'd have to see it after seeing what's been shown so far, which seems to be mainly a guy very skilled at running. I support all of our guys, and really do hope he has progressed in his passing game to compete, but in the end, best guy needs to take the field, which might not necessarily be the most tenured guy.

We're coming off a National Championship win...you can't just play the "Cole Stoudt, try him out" game just because he's hit the field more. He has to be able to lead, to make plays, and importantly, to throw....otherwise, the offense becomes completely one dimensional. Too many great WR talents here to waste if he can't hit them in the chest with the ball under pressure. All in all though, good luck KB. Look forward to seeing the QB comeptition.

Feb 28, 2017, 10:07 AM

And how do you or anyone else here know who's the best qb right now??? I'll answer for you, you don't

Feb 28, 2017, 10:37 AM

Did I say I did? Wow, get up on the wrong side of the bed?

How do you know KB is better than Cooper, or Johnson, or Brice...let me answer for you...you don't. How did you know that Watson was better than Cole Stodt in his first series vs UGA...I'll answer that for you, because it was clear as a bell when he threw a zip pass by a defenders head for a TD. Seen Bryant do that yet?? The rest have been redshirted or wheren't even on campus...but that's not the case for Bryant, who as a career so far has 35 att for 178 yards and 3 TD's rushing vs his 18 att for 75 yards and 1 TD passing. I think that says something....maybe you don't.

Feb 28, 2017, 11:00 AM

+1 - Well said on both posts.

Feb 28, 2017, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ferocious Dog: Quarterback guru says don't overlook Kelly Bryant ]

Um your last statement doesn't make since at all. We've had DW the last 2 seasons, we didn't need KB to do anything unless DW got injured which never happened. So KB numbers being low is a result of having a once In a lifetime QB at our helm for 2 seasons, not because he's not good enough...

Give him a chance to lead.

Is Kelly Bryant better than Nick Schuessler, or not ... ?

Feb 28, 2017, 4:15 PM

That's the troubling issue a great many people have in the back of their minds even though they may be pulling for Kelly Bryant have a break-out spring and fall leading to a super 2017 season as the starting QB.

If he's the leading candidate to be the starter in 2017, was he better than Nick Schuessler in 2015 and 2016, and if so, then why did Schuessler get all the snaps?

1st, KB2 was supposed to redshirt,until Tucker

Feb 28, 2017, 4:24 PM

was injured,then,last season, barring injury to DW4,Nick was gonna be the backup.

Now he'll get his chance. If he takes it,he gets it, if one one the other QB's takes it,they'll get it.Not being the backup his freshman and sophomore years has nothing to do with it.Remember , this staff took him over Lamar Jackson.

We'll just have to disagree. I think not being the back-up

Feb 28, 2017, 5:02 PM

... has a great deal to do with the situation.

The coaches burned Bryant's red shirt as a true freshman. So you'd have to assume that they expected him to develop quickly and be a factor.

But, then he was never able to displace Schuessler in the competition for #2 QB. I do believe the coaches fully expected Bryant to take the #2 job handily and that's why they played him as a true frosh.

So, the fact that he stayed #3 for two years is still a concern that many people have going into the spring and fall.

Give The Kid A **%$ Chance!

Feb 28, 2017, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ferocious Dog: Quarterback guru says don't overlook Kelly Bryant ]

He played behind perhaps the greatest Clemson Tiger football player of all time and his stats are being brought up, "REALLY"? How and where do they do that in the world?
KB has not been asked to make a bunch of passes in pressure situations! So, just like Cooper and Johnson he is inexperienced. But, let's say they all are equal on about everything, but KB is better at say " audibiling in/out "! Which guy would you go with? The kid who gives you the best chance to win!
CU offense is basically " run the play that gives us the most chance for success depending on how the defense is playing or lined up"! Whoever gets this right early and can make all the throws " on time " will be the next CU-QB!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will most assuredly be given a chance.

Feb 28, 2017, 8:09 PM

I've not seen anyone suggesting that he not receive a fair chance.

Poodles don't back down!

Feb 28, 2017, 9:33 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poodles don't back down!

Feb 28, 2017, 10:19 AM

haha, I had to laugh at the statement about him not being a poodle. I have personally seen a poodle rip 2 Dobermans up protecting me and my sister. A poodle is a very smart dog that can get very mean when it has to.

I personally could care less who is the starter next year as long as it is the best guy to run the offense and win games. None of us know who that is at this point. All we can go on is what we have seen and heard from games and practices. In game situations Kelly Bryant has not thrown the ball well, and it honestly looks like the coaches don't trust him to throw the ball. That's why his playing time has diminished and his pass attempts while playing in mop up duty dwindled to basically zero.

Cooper from all accounts has been lighting it up in practices but how will that transfer to actual game situations? Hunter was a High School star and by all accounts comes in with insane arm strength and accuracy and early enrolled to get a head start but at this point that is all we know about him.

We just have to wait and see who wins the job in the Spring and Fall.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2017, 11:23 AM

LOL you had a poodles to protect you ?

Feb 28, 2017, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Poodles don't back down! ]

I look forward to see him in the Spring game with good WRs which KB never had last year, and often all the OL were backups when he was in the game.

The O this year will be replacing a lot, but the OL should be one of our best, we have the the best RBs since CJ, Davis and Ellington were here. The WRs should be great... we need a QB to manage the O and protect the ball, not give it away.

Feb 28, 2017, 12:09 PM

He had Cornell Powell (#17) and Diondre Overton (#14) on the field with him in the South Carolina game (along with Seth Ryan and Sean MacLain) when he did the running TD. I wouldn't exactly say that Powell and Overton aren't good WR's...but they have to call a pass play to have been able to tell. ^_^

Watched KB2 as much as possible last year and...

Feb 28, 2017, 10:22 AM

... His first step when he decides to scramble looks even faster that DW4's.
Doesn't seem as fast at full song, but his first step was quick. Making D Linemen miss is just as important as running fast IMO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, his first step is quicker but I also think he is

Feb 28, 2017, 10:39 AM

faster than DW too! He's more like a quick RB playing QB but as others have stated, he's got ot be able to throw consistently or we come one dimensional and predictable.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB is both quicker and faster IMHO ...

Feb 28, 2017, 10:52 AM

I agree ... Bryant is both quicker and faster. He was able to pull away from defenders and score from long distance using pure speed whereas DW4 would usually get caught on a long breakaway opportunity.

DW4 is quick, but he's more "elusive" than fast.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB is both quicker and faster IMHO ...

Feb 28, 2017, 1:51 PM

Agreed. Kelly looked very fast against Miami two years ago. Spring and Fall practices should be very interesting.

Re: I agree, his first step is quicker but I also think he is

Feb 28, 2017, 11:06 AM [ in reply to I agree, his first step is quicker but I also think he is ]

+1 - My point exactly. A running QB only takes you so far. Just ask Urbana Myers how that worked out. You go back to a running QB situation and the next thing is you lose WR recruits.

Re: I agree, his first step is quicker but I also think he is

Feb 28, 2017, 3:47 PM

Well then. Mr. Bryant better be chucking that pigskin in the next couple of weeks. And he better be chucking it real good. :)

His decision to scramble is a lot faster too.

Feb 28, 2017, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Watched KB2 as much as possible last year and... ]

I wish we had gotten to see him drop back more, but he seems like a 1-read and run type of guy.

Re: His decision to scramble is a lot faster too.

Feb 28, 2017, 10:54 AM

I agree totally with you. But, it is tough for a kid to come in a series here or there and get a good feel for things. I'm rooting for him. Let the best man play is all I ask.

Re: His decision to scramble is a lot faster too.

Feb 28, 2017, 11:08 AM [ in reply to His decision to scramble is a lot faster too. ]

Both posts very well said and I really think that's all anyone wants.

I see more Lamar Jackson than DW4 (in a good way)

Feb 28, 2017, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Watched KB2 as much as possible last year and... ]

I think Bryant is more run first if he sees open green and that's ok. That's what made LJ so dangerous last year.

Feb 28, 2017, 11:09 AM

"We had a solid off-season. We trained once per week..."

So he learned all of that in 5 meetings? ??

Feb 28, 2017, 12:15 PM

Knowing this moment was coming I would have liked to see Kelley play that cuse game that nick came In and played. Like the article said when he's in the never pass the ball idk i just would have like to see him in garbage time instead of nick more bc we all knew nick was gone after this year. I just don't understand why not put him in and get him some throws even in garbage time it would help. But I'm not paid the big bucks and fully trust our staff so they will put the right guy in.

Feb 28, 2017, 12:38 PM

Coach Robinson is a good guy and good instructor. He works his players at the same facility we practice basketball. Some pretty good looking HS and college QBs in and out all the time. Last week KB was there throwing with Cornell Powell & Ray Ray McCloud. He looked pretty good just got to give him a chance and call some passing plays. You can't run a guy in and out a play or two here and there and expect them to develop a rhythm IMO.

This is tnet. Expectations have no boundaries.***

Feb 28, 2017, 1:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: This is tnet. Expectations have no boundaries.***

Feb 28, 2017, 1:23 PM

The world's ill's have been solved on T-net. Nobody listened. Let em go. ??

Feb 28, 2017, 2:04 PM

It is kind of hard to pass off he is a competitor in the same breathe as saying he basically wasn't fully competing because he had Watson in front of him.

We were an injury away from needing Kelly but according to this guy's statements Kelly didn't give the team all he had because he wasn't the starter.

That's what I take from this article.

Meanwhile, Copper, was not hanging his head on waiting his turn.

He said

Feb 28, 2017, 2:04 PM

"People don't realize that you can only play one quarterback at a time."

Absolutely groundbreaking info. That'll certainly change the way I think about the game.

most importantly

Feb 28, 2017, 2:14 PM

Coach Streeter. I have to believe he has been a vital part of the QB position's success. Although he coached a special talent in DW4, this man can coach. Look what he did with Cole in 3 weeks...

Feb 28, 2017, 2:32 PM

I hope for the best for every Clemson player. The reality is IF he can throw the ball accurately, he`d be a Heisman candidate, because this boy can move. Unfortunately, we haven`t seen this because when he plays the team doesn`t let him throw.

I speak the truth

Exactly this ^^^^^***

Feb 28, 2017, 7:41 PM

Feb 28, 2017, 2:52 PM

I'm excited about the competition. Bryant was recruited for a reason - he fits the mold the staff looks for in players. I have no doubt he will compete like a ferocious dog. Can't wait and wish he well.

Nikki, Thanks info and insight on Bryant . . .

Feb 28, 2017, 3:56 PM

When will we hear from the personal coaches of Israel, Cooper, Johnson and Brice. I'm looking forward to hearing from each one of them as they pump up "their" guy. This QB spot will be earned when the lights and cameras are NOT on as it should be!

Feb 28, 2017, 9:11 PM

5 pages and all we had to say is....Ok cool prove it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic