Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Poll: What should be done about student tickets?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Poll: What should be done about student tickets?

Sep 24, 2017, 6:56 PM

Thoughts?

(Here are some of the ideas that have come up)

Photo from BC @ Clemson... 7-point game in the second half...
[img]https://s26.postimg.org/a8y9ri6jp/20170923_172355.jpg[/img]

With constant complaining from students, yet poor turnout, what should CUAD do?    [Results]

Reduce the number of student tickets. Clemson is just giving away substantial revenue to free student tickets instead of giving them to donors that will show up to make Death Valley loud!
No tickets. Line up on gameday and first come, first served until the sections are full.
Bring back camping out for ticket distributions. This will encourage the dedicated fans a ticket and leave the fair-weathers at home.
Bring in a point system where points are awarded after the student checks in prior to kickoff and after the end of the game. Points are given for all sports, with lesser attended sports earning a higher point value. If you check in but never check out, you will automatically go to the back of the line for the rest of the season.
Make students join IPTAY like everyone else.
military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is the only major program that doesn't charge...

Sep 24, 2017, 7:00 PM

students for tickets.

Since they're free, a lot of students reserve tickets and then decide later whether or not they'll actually attend the game.

Start charging for the tickets and the result will likely be a decrease in demand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Clemson is the only major program that doesn't charge...

Sep 24, 2017, 7:38 PM

> Since they're free, a lot of students reserve tickets
> and then decide later whether or not they'll actually
> attend the game.

That's not true. If they don't come after reserving a ticket they can't get tickets in the future.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is the only major program that doesn't charge...

Sep 24, 2017, 9:38 PM

Are you sure about that? That is not how it was last season. My wife graduated in May.

Edit: obligatory no piqs

Message was edited by: gtriple®

Snowflake Basher........Out

Oh yes they can !!!***

Sep 25, 2017, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is the only major program that doesn't charge... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poll: What should be done about student tickets?

Sep 24, 2017, 7:01 PM

I think you need to calm down.

A points system where they check in AND out of the game? What the hell is wrong with you man?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 7:08 PM

You may or may not know this, but thru three games many die-hard students including myself have been left without tickets due to the new distribution system. This means the tickets are selling out, but there is still a mysterious lack of students. That's either on iptay or students with tickets that aren't going, which is veru unfortunate because I know plenty of students stuck without tickets that would LOVE to be there.

The lack of students on the hill is because of the increased security. What I've been told is that the hill is no longer general admission to everyone. You must have a student ID (they literally check you in and out of the game with a scanner) to get on the hill. This is on the university, not the students.

On the other hand, students that have tickets and don't attend should not be allowed to go lol. I think the old stand-in-line distribution or a point system would be awesome, but reducing the amount of student tix just sounds like a slap in the face to the students that make up this great university. You were one of them once too, you know.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FYI..IPTAY has nothing to do with it

Sep 24, 2017, 7:14 PM

Other than Collegiate Club. Blame is on Student Gubmint decision makers and Students themselves.

Re: FYI..IPTAY has nothing to do with it

Sep 24, 2017, 7:25 PM

If you don't mind explains how so? I was unaware of this.

Sep 24, 2017, 7:28 PM

IPTAY says, "Hey student government, come up with what you want to do and we'll do it."
Student Government says, "This is what we want. This system."
IPTAY says, "You got it."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Sep 24, 2017, 7:31 PM

Sep 25, 2017, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: FYI..IPTAY has nothing to do with it ]

i wonder if the student body made concessions to the idea that students were going to be charged for tickets ( 2016 discussion). In order to maintain the "free" status, they negotiated a change it the allotment and allocation system.

Anyone know how many tickets have been given to the student body in the past?

Become AWARE before making accusations

Sep 24, 2017, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: FYI..IPTAY has nothing to do with it ]

It's the ADULT thing to do...

Message removed by Author

Sep 24, 2017, 7:44 PM

Message removed by Author

you can remove "student" from your sentence and it's still accurate.***

Sep 24, 2017, 7:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The current ticket distribution system...

Sep 24, 2017, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: FYI..IPTAY has nothing to do with it ]

is in place because, according to the SGA, it's what the students want.

Sep 24, 2017, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Poll: What should be done about student tickets? ]

Not only the additional security, but they have decreased the number of student tickets allotted to the Hill as a "safety feature." This is from the Boston College game guide email:

"IMPROVEMENT TO SAFETY AND SECURITY OF THE HILL

The safety and enjoyment of our students is paramount to the Clemson experience, and for 2017 improvements have been made for the wellbeing of students enjoying the game from The Hill. Changes include additional field gates at the bottom of The Hill, a new entrance on the top south corner of the Hill to improve entry flow during pregame with a two-direction entry pattern, a significant increase in staffing and a lower number of students assigned to Hill seating."

I wonder if they're trying to make the attendance look bad so people will complain and then they can build seats there instead.

My son is one of those isolated dots in upper deck

Sep 24, 2017, 7:17 PM

He was there for the entrance and the Alma mater. His roommate, who had a lower deck student ticket, did not bother going to the game, and wasn't even decent enough to trade it out for my son's upper.

That is a definite flaw in the current system. Roomie should never get another student ticket until everyone else has had first opportunity.

There is no trading-out...

Sep 24, 2017, 7:20 PM

tickets are electronic and connected to the students ID who ordered the ticket.

Then they know who did not attend, so can put them at end

Sep 24, 2017, 7:32 PM

of purchasing line like Griff suggests!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I assume...

Sep 24, 2017, 7:34 PM

they have the ability to track who did and did not attend. The technology is certainly available. Whether they choose to use it is another matter.

Re: There is no trading-out...

Sep 24, 2017, 7:46 PM [ in reply to There is no trading-out... ]

You can now return student tickets if you are unable to attend as of this year.

Sep 24, 2017, 7:17 PM

It's simple. Ban all millineals. They just want the option to go but could really care less. Especially if it interferes with other plans like adopting a new three legged dog that they'll return in a week, volunteering at a country club for the upper middle class, joining a new car share. After a few weeks these kids will forget they ever had the option and will be interested in the underprivileged girls team playing in the middle school men's rugby league in Vermont. It's all good.

Sep 24, 2017, 7:27 PM

Maybe it's on the generation who raised them... I grew up in a good home and understand I need to soak it in. I have plenty of peers who feel the same.

Then raise hayell at the Stude***

Sep 24, 2017, 7:33 PM

IPTAY and fat cat alumni.......

Sep 24, 2017, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Poll: What should be done about student tickets? ]

...have been the imagined enemy the student body for 50 years. Students at a great many 'big' programs don't always get into the games, don't always stay for yawners and often complain about it. Nothing new here. Move along.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Poll: What should be done about student tickets? ]

I refute your vermont comment being a Vermonter ;) , otherwise I certainly agree. I stayed through every game I attended as a student which was all of them. It's sad to see the lack of attention span and the fact that many students would rather get their social media pictures for the day saying they were at the game then leave rather than shouting the entire game and walking into class Monday with the inability to speak because they've lost their voice.

The students can forget about free tickets after this season

Sep 24, 2017, 7:55 PM

The student government has pushed back against charging students for tickets and won the last two years. This off season Dan is coming with pictures of this game, and an argument that it's not working. The only defense the students will have is that "it was unseasonably hot that day, and we were suppose to be winning by so much more"
I'm afraid this has ruined it for students for all future seasons. Those seats carry too much value for the public for the students to value them so little.

Re: The students can forget about free tickets after this season

Sep 24, 2017, 8:05 PM

I say give'm to any member of the United States Armed Forces with a valid military ID!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 8:56 PM

Let the students that get them sell them if they don't go.

It was like that years ago. I sold my ticket every week.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:05 PM

(because I was in Tiger Band)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: It was like that years ago. I sold my ticket every week.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:08 PM

I've bought numerous student tickets years ago

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 24, 2017, 9:12 PM

I was one of the ones who experienced both camping and the online distribution. Camping for tickets was one of my favorite memories from undergrad. You met new people and it was a great place to bond over something everyone around you cared about.

The student attendance didn't seem to be an issue 3-4 years ago, the complaint was with the block seating (fraternities, sororities, clubs, etc.) and those were the ones who came late and left early. Now it seems to be everyone. I think if you want people in their seats all day you need to make people pay, make them camp so they are using their own time (which is essentially currency) or you bring in a points system.

I saw 5 seasons at Clemson. 3 of which were seasons where you had to camp for tickets. I never missed a home game and the one game I didn't sit in the lower deck was voluntary because I had 3-4 buddies with me and the upper deck was my only option. A points system is a great option because if you are staying for the whole game it should mean something. I used to leave every game at halftime. The social aspect of tailgating and gameday is as important as games, in my opinion, but there is no reason to not be back in the seat for the second half.

the new online distribution system just seems like a

Sep 25, 2017, 1:12 AM

complete disaster. haven't heard anyone speak positively about it

Hide 15,000 tickets around campus and make it a scavenger hunt***

Sep 25, 2017, 1:15 AM

been said before...student death matches

Sep 25, 2017, 11:33 AM

for ticket distribution. would be a great pep rally to get people fired up.

sell beer, broadcast it online. Heck, ESPN would pick it up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic