Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Focus shouldn’t be a problem against Boston College
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 4,180

New Story: Focus shouldn’t be a problem against Boston College

Sep 22, 2017, 8:01 AM

Focus shouldn’t be a problem against Boston College

For a lot of teams, Saturday could be seen as a potential problem.
You know, a team coming off a big-time win and with another big-time matchup coming up next week. It might be hard for some teams to stay focused on the task at hand: a home date in a mid-afternoon game against a team that appears to be overmatched.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It helps that almost every starter on the team...

Sep 22, 2017, 8:10 AM

has someone chomping at his heels to take his starting job. In the past we had starters who were hands down and away the best on the team. Even on a bad day they were better than their backups. Imo, our situation now is better than it has ever been for it breeds a particular level of competition. That level of competition birth last year's championship and should yield more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why even say the C word? We complained about it for years.

Sep 22, 2017, 8:17 AM

Dabo had an epic rant on it. He!l, even Crump banned it from posters using it on this site. So Daniel Shirley, why do you use it here? Even if you're just pointing out how ridiculous it is, you're still mentioning it and keeping it alive. Just let it go already.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Why even say the C word? We complained about it for years.

Sep 22, 2017, 8:42 AM

Used it for emphasis of how dumb it is.

Yes, I gathered that much

Sep 22, 2017, 8:53 AM

But Dabo could very well add this to his rant "we've also beaten Ohio State 31-0, beat Alabama and won a National Championship, and still there are articles written with that word being used."

Dabo DGAF what the context is, he says so here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DaoAgpWiAM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Yes, I gathered that much

Sep 22, 2017, 10:50 AM

I agree. Daniel I thoroughly enjoy your articles and think you have the right perspective on this team and coaching staff. That being said, whether you meant to or not, you are poking the bear (Dabo) by even using the term. He has made it clear he thinks it should never be uttered again. Seeing the respect your articles show for this program and Dabo, and the knowing the respect I have for your unbiased generally very well thought out brand of sports journalism, I hope that respect will be extended to include leaving this term out of future articles.

Sep 22, 2017, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Why even say the C word? We complained about it for years. ]

The word disparages Clemson and should never be used for any reason. Let it go...

Sep 22, 2017, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Why even say the C word? We complained about it for years. ]

Ease up and respect Daniel, he writes great positive articles about our Tigers every week as a fellow Tigernetter.

He got the point your making and agrees with you, he's basically saying the same thing you are.

Thank you for another great article Daniel!

Go Tigers!!!! Tigers 56 BC 0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

No he doesn't agree with me or else he wouldn't have

Sep 22, 2017, 11:21 AM

tried to justify using the word. And telling me to ease up and respect someone does not make me want to do either. Hth

that and it generates hits

Sep 22, 2017, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Why even say the C word? We complained about it for years. ]

and discussion

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2017, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Why even say the C word? We complained about it for years. ]

The guy that caught the rant from Dabo used it the same way. No excuse especially from someone who follows and respects the program the way you do....
Normally love your articles. This one not so much...

Agree 100%. Just stop saying it TNET

Sep 22, 2017, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Why even say the C word? We complained about it for years. ]

I don't care if they're pointing out its "silliness" or how its meaning has changed. Just let it die!

We can't use that term, only the overlords and their writers

Sep 22, 2017, 11:24 AM

can

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the term to use is "Falcon up!"

Sep 22, 2017, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Why even say the C word? We complained about it for years. ]

the term to use is "Falcon up!" As an Atlanta resident, I decree the term to be "Don't Falcon up the game!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: the term to use is "Falcon up!"

Sep 22, 2017, 10:43 AM

Okay, I hope Clemson stays focused, respects BC and kicks their behinds. :)

...or "A & M ing".

Sep 22, 2017, 10:45 AM [ in reply to the term to use is "Falcon up!" ]

If Sumlin's seat gets any hotter, it will melt out from under him.

Re: ...or "A & M ing".

Sep 22, 2017, 10:52 AM

Personally I like the "Citadelling" term coined by the pigskin prophet yesterday....

Point Is*******************Let me get this strait_____

Sep 22, 2017, 11:10 AM

We all enjoy reading Daniel's articles about the TIGERS,________________________ we just don't want to ever see the ""C_WORD"" again,right ?????

Re: Point Is*******************Let me get this strait_____

Sep 22, 2017, 11:46 AM

EXACTLY!!!!

Come on, Daniel. Tell it like it was.

Sep 22, 2017, 11:49 AM

we "lost" to Pitt because of that c0ck-loving ref, Heydter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Come on, Daniel. Tell it like it was.

Sep 22, 2017, 1:13 PM

we're Tigers, we don't fuss about referees. Having said that, referees SUCK!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

And THAT particular ref

Sep 22, 2017, 4:29 PM

loves c0cks and Heydts Clemson.

We got jobbed that game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 21
| visibility 4,180
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic