Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Spring QB Outlook
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,301

Plyler's Blog: Spring QB Outlook

Feb 7, 2017, 9:39 AM

Spring QB Outlook

Spring QB Outlook
It's hard to say you feel great about a position where you lost the best player in school history and a two-time Heisman finalist, but the cupboard is not bare for the Tigers at quarterback. Simply stated, no one has recruited better than Clemson at this position. Howeve

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only person at CU with a better/easier job than Streeter is Bates

Feb 7, 2017, 10:06 AM

How can you not be successful with our DL history and ridiculous amount of talent at both DE and DT?

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Only person at CU with a better/easier job than Streeter is Bates

Feb 7, 2017, 4:30 PM

Bates is not just following one legend, he is replacing 2 legends.
Brooks and Hobby were amazing year after year.
The pressure is on Bates to perform... the talent is there...only he can screw it up! :)

Re: Plyler's Blog: Spring QB Outlook

Feb 7, 2017, 10:46 AM

I don't think we should be telling people all of this ,especially the coots. We need any edge we can get against them. I mean with all their cool talk and all, spurs up, never again, game on. They must be really good to come up with all this stuff.

Re: Plyler's Blog: Spring QB Outlook

Feb 7, 2017, 10:47 AM

The well kept secret is that CW42 is moving to QB. Dabo's been keeping it under wraps for a while.

Kelly Bryant=Jalen Hurt=JT Barrett???

Feb 7, 2017, 11:37 AM

My point is can win a lot of football games with KB as out starting QB!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Kelly Bryant=Jalen Hurt=JT Barrett???

Feb 7, 2017, 11:52 AM

But can any of those guys win a national title? At this point that is what our starting quaterback should be able to do with everything we have around him. Best WR's in the nation, good solid offensive line and a defense that should keep Clemson in ball games in case the offense isn't clicking.

Both of those other QB's have very limited passing abilities. Not sure we need to limit our offense by already giving the job to Bryant.

Now if he wins the job and can do all the things our offense requires to be the starting QB than great and we can incorporate his unique abilities to make the offense better that is fine but just because Hurts and Barrett win games at Alabama and Ohio State with fantastic defenses in place doesn't mean we should limit ourselves to that type of an offense.

Feb 7, 2017, 1:07 PM

Yeah, give me a passer who can run over a runner who can pass any day. Sometimes you absolutely have to complete a tough pass.

That said, I'm really rooting for Bryant. If he makes the jump to D1 passer, he would be an unbelievable weapon.

If he gets beat out for the starting job, I really hope they find a place for him that they can get him the ball in space. I assume that WR would be the obvious spot but that's a heck of a depth chart to try and break into, too.

Feb 7, 2017, 2:26 PM

I agree completely. Rooting hard for KB, the local guy, but don't see it happening over ZCoop or Johnson. Those guys are passers and at least one can run (jury still out on Johnson, but he is a top notch sprinter!). If KB doesn't win the starting job, I can see him as a slot receiver at times (I know, nobody is going to take that job from Renfrow) and a back out of the backfield as a receiver for certain downs. He will not play WR for lots of multiple plays during a game. How about as a kick returner? I love Ray Ray, but unless he fixes his "catching" issues, I don't think he can be trusted back there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2017, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant=Jalen Hurt=JT Barrett??? ]

Winning a national title is partially being fortunate, any holes in the roster can kill the run to the NC. Regardless of the started we might lose 3 games this year. Auburn, FSU and Louisville are going to be tough wins.

The point is if KB is the man, that's a pretty good worst case scenario

Feb 7, 2017, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Kelly Bryant=Jalen Hurt=JT Barrett??? ]

!!!

Feb 8, 2017, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Kelly Bryant=Jalen Hurt=JT Barrett??? ]

KB doesn't have the talent that Hurt or Barrett has. At least not yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Concerning Israel, two words:

Feb 8, 2017, 1:08 PM

Doug Flutie

I'm not saying he is good enough to start but to simply give him no chance due to his size is unfair. If his size was that big of a factor he would be somewhere else. Besides, people his size have won national championships and Super Bowls at QB.

I want the best QB that gives us the best chance to win taking the snaps and if that means the shortest guy or a platoon system, so be it.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,301
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic