Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Never Say Never
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Never Say Never

Oct 15, 2014, 6:54 AM

Never Say Never

Never Say Never
I learned a valuable lesson in November of 1998.  Howard Bartley was an often injured defensive end that had done very little in his career.  In his final game of his career Bartley made a huge interception and returned it for a touchdown on a key play that helped the Tigers

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Never Say Never

Oct 15, 2014, 8:01 AM

I like this post, lots of good points. Go Tigers!!!

Oct 15, 2014, 8:15 AM

I look at it this way....you have good columns and not so good columns and I have never given up on you. These guys come in as kids and leave as young men. I am not so sure that "giving up" is a good way to describe your feelings...Clemson people are family and these guys are Clemson family. Disappointed in performance, yeah maybe, but give up on them? Not a constructive choice of words.

I gotta say that I've lost faith in Stoudt.

Oct 15, 2014, 8:37 AM

Other than the first half vs Ga, his decision making hasn't been very good. He locks onto receivers. He consistently throws into double, and sometimes triple coverage, while lacking the arm strength to make those throws. It seems that once everyone saw what Watson could do and got so excited about him, that Cole has maybe been trying to emulate the way Watson plays and that's going in the opposite direction of what he does best. Hopefully, with Watson out, Cole knows he can just play his game without having to look over his shoulder. He needs a good start to help in getting some of his confidence back. Lastly, the line is gonna have to actually do some pass blocking and keep him upright. He's not a QB who can still win while having to run for his life all game.

Re: I gotta say that I've lost faith in Stoudt.

Oct 16, 2014, 7:47 PM

And you just nailed the problem. Cole is a fairly good passer who does tend to lock onto
receivers, despite him being a fifth year senior. He can't run, so is not a good match
for Morris's offense----something Morris doesn't to have caught onto yet. Given time,
Cole could stand in the pocket and be effective throwing medium range passes. The problem
is that he has an inferior offensive line that just can't (or won't) provide him that
protection. Which leads me to believe that BC will stuff our running game (no blocking) and
tee off on Cole. I fear their DL will devour Cole. Our one hope is that our D will destroy
their offense, frequently putting their QB on his back. This game really scares me.

Good stuff Mickey.***

Oct 15, 2014, 9:26 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOW You're Talking/Writing RIGHT Mickey!!!

Oct 15, 2014, 9:34 AM

GoTiGERS...Light em uP Men!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SHAME ON YOU!***

Oct 15, 2014, 9:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2014, 10:39 AM

I'm glad to see them all working hard and making a win happen...but I still think we can say never on Cole...he NEVER made a TD the whole game, nor did anyone on the offense, so I think the judgement is still at loom there.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic