Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: FridayEmail Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: FridayEmail Bag

May 5, 2017, 9:42 AM

FridayEmail Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Hey Mickey,

Hope you are well!

So great to see
flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: FridayEmail Bag

May 5, 2017, 10:59 AM

is anyone concerned that if Johnson gets early playing time and is successful, then it may make Lawrence have second thoughts?

UGA will be in his ear with "why would you go there and have to compete with Johnson who will be there at least 2 more years after you get on campus?"

MAJOR CONCERN

May 5, 2017, 11:09 AM

Not really, because if Johnson is the real deal we will want to play the best QB whether it is Johnson or Lawrence. I think Trevor knows his value and knows he's going to compete for playing time no matter who is infront of him.

May 5, 2017, 12:44 PM

My concern is that Johnson isn’t “the man” yet wins the starting job because he’s the best of our stable. Other schools(UGA) will pounce on this and tell him that it’s Johnson’s job to lose.

Let’s be honest, Trevor Lawrence will start at most schools as a FR. Having a FR QB on the roster this year that could be our starter by the end of the season is the worst possible situation for us when it comes with Lawrence keeping his commitment. I know his father says that he’s coming to Clemson, but if Johnson gets a couple of starts and lights it up against lesser opponents, then we may truly be in trouble with Lawrence. Sorry, not being a downer, just a little concerned.

On the other hand, we could be the coots that are beating the JUCO bush hoping a QB will appear. I like our “problem” a lot more.

May 5, 2017, 4:09 PM

I see what you are saying but have to agree with BK36. That problem exists even if it's isreal, cooper, brice etc. I think Trevor understands there will be competition no matter who starts this year, and won't shy away from that. He knows his abilities and I really don't think Dabo would keep TL on the sidelines just because someone did good this year. Good question though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic