Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,804

Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Jan 31, 2014, 10:08 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions.  To submit a comment or questions please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,
Another beat down in Chapel Hill and raise your hand if you were surprised?  This may wind up being one of the w

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Jan 31, 2014, 11:25 AM

Mickey,
Your response to John regarding attendance was spot on. All fans regardless of sport tend to "re-locate" when their favorite falters. I've seen it a lot at the Wachovia/Quail Hollow/Wells Fargo Championships when Phil, Tiger, Rory, or whomever is hot has a bad hole ot two. Watch the fans take off somewhere else.
Sometimes it is good to just watch and see, and not run like chicken little. These past years we have had the opportunity to see our guys come back from adversity on several occasions and win big games.
As fans, we aren't guaranteed success every game. That is why they are played, as you so well know. Our Family has been Clemson since September 1937 when Dad entered, and we'll remain so.
Patience is one of the hardest virtues to have. I know yours was tested mightily when Ryan had his accident and all during his on-going recovery.
We will stay the course because "There is Something in These Hills".

Agree seeing Clemson bowl attendance down (so many Buckeyes!

Jan 31, 2014, 12:50 PM

Geez..the parking lot was filled 2-1 near me with Bucks..all laughing, cooking on grills, playing games..But being most friendly with Tiger Fans..and of course the mentioning of Woody. After game they had left the parking lots early since I feel they couldn't believe their 24-2 team with HC Meyer had been taken down another notch by Clemson. Good! And, GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree seeing Clemson bowl attendance down (so many Buckeyes!

Jan 31, 2014, 9:02 PM

Same thing with Nebraska in '81

Excuse me, Andy

Jan 31, 2014, 1:07 PM

Andy, you need to go back to UNC teams under Matt. D.

This year's Tarheels are vry good when they want to be. See their resume. Sure they lost to Belmont and some other small school. But they are good. Don't mislead by your "supposed" expertise and Tiger-love.

Clemson needed to compete better, but they ran up against a better talented team with their backs against the wall. Carolina was 1-4 in the ACC. Did you really think they would go 1-5 and end their streak vs CU?

Clemson was not/is not going to win vs Pitt or UNC or Syracuse. The games that should test the resolve of Clemson fans will be FSU, GT and UVA. Those are the games where Clemson needs to show up stronger... UVAS will be tough and FSU needs to be an improvement/pay back win.

Win those 3 which means 2 road games... that will show something.

Clemson's mettle is going to be tested. We will learn much about how well BB can motivate and keep the ship going over the next 4 games.

I meant ND not UVA. FSU will be tough. We need payback***

Jan 31, 2014, 1:10 PM

Re: Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Jan 31, 2014, 7:28 PM

What is with people? I'm 44 yrs old and a lifetime CU fan. I chose to go The Citadel for several reasons and it was the right decision for me. But enough of that. What is it with fans expecting our basketball to achieve greatness or even close to it. Know who you are and what you are. CU IS A FOOTBALL SCHOOL and we have THE WORST basketball team in the history of the conference. Be happy with .400 to .500 ball and move on. My goodness I just don't get the mentality of these people. And hey, it will get worse before it gets better. I do support Brownell and we need to keep the man. Lay off the high expectations and you just may be happy one day with the basketball team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Partially correct. Beating Scum will help ,but

Jan 31, 2014, 7:40 PM

Our fan base appears to be changing. Part of this I fear is the inability of a "solid B" SC high school student to get accepted into Clemson. Clemson will not compete with gigantic schools if we do not grow enrollment.

Years ago, I think a lot of rural families supported Clemson because of programs like the Clemson Extension offices in small counties. As our population shifts to urban centers, we need to be more visible in these locations. Having a Medical school in the upstate would be huge. I wish I had enough money to help start it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,804
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic