Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please, no more Clemson games on ACCN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Please, no more Clemson games on ACCN

Sep 15, 2019, 5:25 PM

Already tired of it, switching from provider to provider to watch.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please, no more Clemson games on ACCN

Sep 15, 2019, 5:28 PM

we shouldnt have towed Swoff's car I guess

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 5:32 PM

Perhaps you should stick with a provider which offers the ACCN or just go to the game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 5:34 PM

Watch the game on TV yesterday. Had no problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Please, no more Clemson games on ACCN ]

D329, not driving 1700 miles round trip for every home game. Too old for that. Also, comcast hasn't signed on and tired of watching on the streaming devices. Will not go to a bar to watch either as I don't patronize them, so guess I will just have to not see them when they are on the ACCN. Been a supporter since 1956 so no one can't say I am not a diehard fan.

Sep 15, 2019, 6:05 PM

Yeah this is bs. I thought they started new channels to increase brand exposure. It will suck missing this game.

sounds like you're digging your heels in on this one

Sep 15, 2019, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Please, no more Clemson games on ACCN ]

so, there will be a game or two you won't watch. Not much you can do about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Please, no more Clemson games on ACCN ]

Why not fire Comcast then? Go with a provider which supports your team by carrying their conference network.

At least this one is not a "high caliber" game...

Sep 16, 2019, 1:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Please, no more Clemson games on ACCN ]

Might not have been on broadcast at all if not for the ACCN. I will be missing too, but due to work. The good thing is that the game is always on YouTube the day after; uncut without commercials.

We already know they are going to win.(they better) I won't look at stats or Tnet until after I get a chance to watch.

Re: At least this one is not a "high caliber" game...

Sep 16, 2019, 1:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9haNfXS7eUDfDyHlqw-W0Q?view_as=subscriber

He's correct. You can check here.

Sep 16, 2019, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Please, no more Clemson games on ACCN ]

D329, not driving 1700 miles round trip for every home game. Too old for that. Also, comcast hasn't signed on and tired of watching on the streaming devices. Will not go to a bar to watch either as I don't patronize them, so guess I will just have to not see them when they are on the ACCN. Been a supporter since 1956 so no one can't say I am not a diehard fan.

There are multiple options so pick one or just listen to the game on the radio like in the olden days. The ACCN is a good thing for Clemson and the ACC. Yesterday I watched CU soccer ladies beat the coots. Lots of good content and closes the revenue gap with the SEC. win-Win

Sep 16, 2019, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Please, no more Clemson games on ACCN ]

There are multiple options so pick one or just listen to the game on the radio like in the olden days. The ACCN is a good thing for Clemson and the ACC. Yesterday I watched CU soccer ladies beat the coots. Lots of good content and closes the revenue gap with the SEC. win-Win

Sep 15, 2019, 6:15 PM

I have had zero issues with YouTubetv so far. Atleast do the free trial so you can watch the game Saturday. ACCN is great for Clemson and the rest of the conference from a financial standpoint.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 6:25 PM

Yep no issues so far. I kinda with the mobile app was better organized but it’s great.

Sep 15, 2019, 6:27 PM

HOPE WE GET BASEBALL GAMES ON ACCN

You have internet right?

Sep 15, 2019, 6:39 PM

Anyone with internet Can get every game for free on reddit.

Your frustrations stem from your ignorance of technology and the internet.

I suggest youtube tutorial videos to get you caught up.

Re: You have internet right?

Sep 15, 2019, 6:46 PM

Doubleg, I am not a bumbass on the internet. Just don't like watching steaming so stuff it.

Lol you dont like the solution because

Sep 15, 2019, 6:53 PM

It's different than what you're used to.

Well....the times they are a changin mr boomer.

Re: Lol you dont like the solution because

Sep 16, 2019, 8:14 AM

"Well....the times they are a changin mr boomer. " - Hey you young whippersnapper, watch it with the "boomer" stuff.

:)

What is the difference between streaming and TV that you

Sep 15, 2019, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: You have internet right? ]

don't like so much that you will actually miss games due to it?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have internet right?

Sep 16, 2019, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Re: You have internet right? ]

Doubleg, I am not a bumbass on the internet. Just don't like watching steaming so stuff it.

If the picture you may need to upgrade your home network. I upgraded for $200 and can now stream 2 TVs with 4K clarity

most of the Tiger games

Sep 15, 2019, 6:49 PM [ in reply to You have internet right? ]

will be on the regular sports channels. You can count on the Wofford game being on the ACCN.
A good reason to not schedule these money games. imo. UNCC and Wofford are laughers for a program like the Tigers have developed. Because of “the network” ,this weeks game will cost me hundreds of extra dollars to see and they aren’t worth that! But I’m a Clemson supporter and I’ll be there,

Sep 15, 2019, 11:47 PM

I was in Chicago for a month. Had to go to a local sports bar/pizzeria to see the first game. The manager found the game and tuned it in on two of the approximately 30 TVs In the place just for me (not one other person in the place watched with me, which was disappointing).

Since ABC broadcast the second game with Texas A&M, I stayed home and watched it. Could you not get ABC? Are you assuming that all games will only be shown on the ACCN and not on national broadcasts?

I think I saw something about Comcast carrying the ACCN starting some time in September.

Why are you switching from provider to provider?

Sep 16, 2019, 2:23 AM

Go with a provider that has ACCN and stick with them, no switching necessary!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He failed to mention what a cheapazzz

Sep 16, 2019, 9:09 AM

freeloader he is. Won't pay a subscription to a provider with ACCN.

So, given his insistence on having it strictly his way, he's nothing but a whiner. GET OFF MY LAWN!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I guess I don't get what is so hard about the ACC Network

Sep 16, 2019, 6:38 AM

If your local TV service provider does not have the ACC Network there are at least 3 streaming services that carry it nationwide (PS Vue, Hulu, and YouTube TV). Each of these 3 services offer a free trial period which should allow you to watch up to 3 Clemson games on the ACC Network for free if you space it out correctly.

I'm glad the ACC finally has a dedicated network where we may get more of these lower tier games on a good hi-def channel. Sure as heck beats the old Raycom broadcasts we had to deal with for years... As with this weeks Charlotte game - the new ACC Network may also help get us out of the "nooner" hotter than the sun kickoffs in September for these lower tier games.

It really comes down to how much you are willing/able to spend to watch the Tigers play football. Look at it this way - for $45 to $60 a month you can go ahead and subscribe to a streaming service that carries the ACC Network. If you subscribe for the regular season (September through November) and cancel the streaming service afterwards it will cost you up to $180. Add another $25 for a Roku Express box so you can stream the service to your TV and you have a max of $205 invested. Is it worth $205 spread out over 3 months to watch the Tigers play football any time they are on the ACC Network? I spend more than that going to a single home game when you add the cost of the ticket, parking pass, IPTAY donation, gas, food, etc... Additionally, the ACC Network is very entertaining - some really good shows (Packer and Durham and The Huddle) and find that I am watching the ACC Network more than I would have anticipated had I not subscribed to PS Vue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess I don't get what is so hard about the ACC Network

Sep 16, 2019, 8:14 AM

Or you can go with blueridgedtv.com for $15 a month (even cheaper for a year service) and dream to an existing XBOX, iPhone or PC for nothing.

Re: I guess I don't get what is so hard about the ACC Network

Sep 16, 2019, 11:01 AM

Or you can go with blueridgedtv.com for $15 a month (even cheaper for a year service) and dream to an existing XBOX, iPhone or PC for nothing.

True - but you get what you pay for. IPTV is one of those things where it ain't always reliable, ain't always in hi-def, and ain't always legal. If IPTV floats your boat and you like living on the edge - go for it. As for me, I'll pay a little more for legit hi-def service that meets my quality standards across all the platforms that I require.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 8:21 AM

Hey IllinoisTiger, even some of us old fellers have switched to streaming for some of the reasons mentioned throughout this thread. I switched from Directv (after 15+ years with them) for huge $$$ reasons, and they seemed to be oblivious about having the ACCN and wanted to add $14/mth to get it. I haven't looked back. I enjoy YouTube TV and can stream 3-4 games at the same time (4K TV, laptop, Ipad/iphone), so I watch a lot of games on Saturday. :) I do have a 100Mps internet, so that helps.

Now I'm only 69 so you might be somewhat close to my age, but the fella Tigers on t-net helped me understand how to switch, even though it took me days to do what they did in minutes while multi-tasking.

Anyway, back away, take a few deep breaths, and re-think your position. Maybe a trial of one of the services might provide a clearer view of the future. But good luck either way, and GO TIGERS!

I was very iffy about the streaming

Sep 16, 2019, 9:49 AM

myself until I tried it. I had Direct TV for 12 years, and recently switched to streaming. I tried Hulu, but they don't have my local ABC station so I switched to YouTube TV. I totally agree with what you said in that it's just different, and once you get over that you realize it's actually better (i.e. cheaper and has more functionality).

Anyway, before I saw this I wrote up a big post on my journey switching to streaming, so anyone who is interested can go read that.

Sep 16, 2019, 9:01 AM

I was very hesitant after being with Comcast for over 20 years, but dumped Comcast for YouTubeTV a couple of weeks ago. Now, I'm kicking myself for not doing this years ago.

Its saving me about $125/month and I see no difference with my service. If anything, less interruptions.

It bothers me that we have been subsidizing SEC athletics through Comcast for the last five years, but now they won't be doing the same for the ACC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 9:17 AM

Ya know, the best media is still radio... at least if folks are talking.

If it is not available via the antenna, then internet radio for me.

one word...

Sep 16, 2019, 10:06 AM

...YouTube!

Good luck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 12:58 PM

What about dish? Dont they carry ACCN as well? Its beyond time to fire comcast.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic