Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please explain to me what making a financial committment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Jan 26, 2014, 10:06 PM

to the basketball program means? Are you saying that in order to be good we need to replace Littlejohn, pay one of the highest salaries in the conference for our head coach, etc.? I see this all the time but what exactly is meant by it? Do you really think that will make McDonald's All Americans choose Clemson?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, look what the Colonial Center has done for us

Jan 26, 2014, 10:08 PM

basketball is purely about the coach. The recruiting is so dirty that it doesn't really matter what your facilities are.

Remember when Michael Beasley was committed to UNC-Charlotte?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I think it means make a TOTAL commitment to hoops success

Jan 26, 2014, 10:11 PM

both financially and emotionally over a long period of time.

Clemson has never, ever done that in all of it's history.

We have dug a tremendous hole for ourselves in basketball since 1952 and digging out of it will take a monumental effort by all concerned.

And it will not happen over night no matter what we do.

But, it will not happen if we continue to do what we've always done.

Personally, I do not believe Clemson's Administration, AD, or fans care enough to make it happen.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It means 90 hour degrees and

Jan 26, 2014, 10:13 PM

jobs at Glaxo

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Thanks but that still doesn't answer the question

Jan 26, 2014, 10:22 PM [ in reply to I think it means make a TOTAL commitment to hoops success ]

of where the money should be spent and how that will change the direction of the program. Fan support may help some but I don't see that as having much of an impact.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm certainly in the minority

Jan 26, 2014, 11:35 PM

but I thought back when Bobby Knight was flirting with coaching again that he could've atleast put us on the national stage and still sukk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I talk to fans who seem to think paying big $$$ for a big

Jan 26, 2014, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Thanks but that still doesn't answer the question ]

time coach would help with recruiting. Maybe a player commits b/c of coach relationship/resume` rather than arenas with bells and whistles...

I personally have no idea...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please explain to me what making a financial committment

Jan 26, 2014, 10:39 PM

Means you get what you pay for like most other things in life. You can't pay for a Civic and expect it to drive like a Benz.

So are you saying fire Brownell and pay a new coach

Jan 26, 2014, 10:44 PM

the third highest salary in the ACC? Tear down Littlejohn and build a palace like they have in Louisville? ### do you people mean? These generalities are BS.

Jan 26, 2014, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Please explain to me what making a financial committment ]

Clemson MBB coach is not in the top level of ACC basketball coaches pay-level.
To noame a few that exceed Clemson. Start w/ Syr.; Pitt; Louisville [soon]& Maryland[now]; Duke; UNC; UVA and likly FSU and GT all exceed our guy. I would suspect NCSU, WF and Miami also do. We might exceed BC and VT.

We probably need an African-American Study program that would be taught by satellite classroom structure. Brownelland his predecessors are hampered by facilities and closeby HS talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please explain to me what making a financial committment

Jan 26, 2014, 11:55 PM

I think Clemson's best options would be to hire a coach that presents a stark contrast to the best programs in the ACC, (young african american coach) and build the best facilities Clemson can afford. (If the fans/alumni are truly focused on building a more competitive basketball program)

So we should go get Shaka Smart?***

Jan 27, 2014, 12:03 AM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic