Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please enlighten me Just what is the obsession with Louisville....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Please enlighten me Just what is the obsession with Louisville....

Oct 26, 2016, 12:44 AM

by all the media? Unless Clemson, washington, ohio st., michigan, baylor, alabama, nebraska, west virginia, Etc. Etc. Etc Really mess up, they are finished

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please enlighten me Just what is the obsession with Louisville....

Oct 26, 2016, 12:47 AM

That's it. They are watching ESPN and reading the headlines. Who cares what Louisville is doing. Tigers Beat Em. NEXT

It's a way of causing chaos and creating a need for an 8

Oct 26, 2016, 12:55 AM

team playoff. In 4-5 years, it will become reality.

Re: It's a way of causing chaos and creating a need for an 8

Oct 26, 2016, 10:03 AM

I'm okay with an 8-team playoff...heck, 16, even. Converting more bowls to the play-off series would make for many better games than what we see in Decembers, currently.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2016, 1:22 AM

Right now it's the only thing they to debate. Once the real poll comes out next week they'll have a better understanding where everyone stands.

It started with the 1/1/91 Fiesta Bowl

Oct 26, 2016, 3:22 AM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I'll make this simple for you.

Oct 26, 2016, 5:09 AM

Do you think people want to read drama/controversy/speculation? Or do you think people want to read predictable boring stuff?

Just what is the obsession with Louisville on this board?

Oct 26, 2016, 6:47 AM

You all sound like a bunch of teenage girls cause the popular guy said....yeah, you're pretty but youre not in his opinion the prettiest.??

So jealous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2016, 7:32 AM

Flavor of the Month in college football...

I think the media thinks..

Oct 26, 2016, 7:47 AM

they should have beaten us and that they have an explosive team. Guess what? They lost. Maybe the media is building them thinking that they will be in the playoff? Also, their QB is looking like a lock for the Heisman right now. I can see why the media is intrigued. There is still a long way to go though. I am hoping Watson dominates on Saturday and tightens up the Heisman race.

Oct 26, 2016, 7:59 AM

New kid on the block. Plus, ESecPN is hoping LSU hires Bobby the fornicator and turns them around like he's done the Ville.

Oct 26, 2016, 8:32 AM

I think it more likely is they want us to lose so there will be no ACC team in the final 4. That does seem to be the way their bias leads, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we lose and they win out,...

Oct 26, 2016, 8:34 AM

aren't they in the playoff? The are ranked 5th right now.

Oct 26, 2016, 8:36 AM

Because they're a really good football team with this year's Heisman winner playing qb????

They aren't in good shape, but they aren't finished.

Oct 26, 2016, 9:03 AM

All of those teams needing to "really mess up" is not accurate. Most of those teams you listed WILL lose this year. In a typical CFB season there's one, maybe two, undefeated P5 teams. What Louisville needs is a couple of 2-loss or weak 1-loss conference champs and they will be in the discussion.

Oklahoma winning the Big XII (fairly likely) would be really good for Louisville. That would all but eliminate Baylor and WVU and leave an OU team with a 9-3/10-2 record as conference champ. The Big XII would likely be out of the playoff running in that scenario.

Washington losing a game would also leave them on pretty shaky ground. I think they would still get in, but the Pac 12 is garbage this year and Washington's schedule has been atrocious. They need to win out to be 100% safe.

Big Ten and SEC are almost certainly getting somebody in. It looks like Bama and the OSU/Michigan winner, but you never know. S&P is only giving Bama a 39% chance to go 12-0. If they lose to LSU or Auburn there's a chance for some 2-loss SEC Champ shenanigans. Probably won't happen, but it would be fun to watch. Something similar could happen in the Big Ten as well with Wisconsin beating the OSU/Michigan winner in a rematch.

Re: They aren't in good shape, but they aren't finished.

Oct 26, 2016, 9:15 AM

Louisville is a very good football team with an excellent QB. He is going to win the Heisman. Everyone should accept that.

We are also Louisville's daddy. All daddy's should want good things for their sons.

Probably because they have one of the

Oct 26, 2016, 9:12 AM

most impressive victories in years in all of college football when they beat FSU 63-20.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2016, 9:17 AM

They will beat out Ohio State unless they win the big 10 they just need washington to lose and the big 12 winnr to have a L

Oct 26, 2016, 9:41 AM

Its the old saying "what have you done for me lately?" Last year CU and DW4 were the media darlings as we worked our way up the polls and DW4 was having a Heisman year. This year we started highly ranked and DW4 was no longer a surprise. If it wasn't Loserville it would be somebody else.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic