Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Playoff projections
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Playoff projections

Oct 23, 2016, 9:05 PM

I've seen projections, not just this week, that they put us in Feista Bowl and Alabama in Peach Bowl.

I heard it last year that committee will want to put teams in the playoff that is most beneficial overall.

This year, according to most Bowl projections, it doesn't look like they expect us to play Alabama in the playoff as well as they don't expect us to play in Peach Bowl. I guess that would be a huge advantage if it's Peach Bowl for us.

But what bother me is the other venue is Fiesta Bowl, basically the same place as last year natty. Many people including I just went there last year and would probably be less eager to go there again. Nothing to do, really. I met most Clemson fans in Sedona and some went as far as Petrified Forest including my wife and me.

If it's Atlanta, I think it's a lot better. I can fly to Atlanta and drive to Clemson for a visit if I want to. There are more things to do too.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Playoff projections

Oct 23, 2016, 9:16 PM

The number 1 team plays the number 4 team at the venue (Atlanta or Scottsdale) that is closer to the number 1 team. Numbers 2 and 3 play at the other venue. Thus, If Alabama is 1 and we are number 2 or 3, Alabama plays in Atlanta and we go back to Arizona. Now, if we are number 1, we go to Atlanta.

Message was edited by: Tiger Nana®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2016, 9:24 PM

Correct.

Don't sleep on Auburn knocking Bama out of #1. If it was at Auburn I'd call it now.

Oct 23, 2016, 9:23 PM
IMG_2450.GIF(34.3 K)

Oct 23, 2016, 9:26 PM

Lol and +1 for that picture

Oct 23, 2016, 9:31 PM

We need LSU to beat Alabama. LSU needs to run the table in the SEC.

Plenty to do in northern AZ, I just spent a week out there.

Oct 23, 2016, 9:36 PM

You mentioned Sedona, we also went to the Hoover ###, Grand Canyon West Rim & South Rim, and Antelope Canyon. We flew to Vegas, then rented a car. Many folks I know who went to the NCG last January did the same thing.

But if we make the playoffs, I do hope we get to play in Atlanta.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks.

Oct 23, 2016, 10:46 PM

My wife and I flew to Phoenix from Orlando. (We flew down from Baltimore to Orlando, drove to Miami and then spent a few days in Orlando before flying to Arizona.)

When we go to national parks, we prefer camping and hiking. So, the last time I went to Grand Canyon, we camped for 5 nights and hiked down to the river. I don't think South Rim would be a good destination for us without camping and hiking. West Rim doesn't interest us either. North Rim might be something interesting, but that still requires camping.

Talking about camping and hiking, that's not a good time of the year to do so. Northern Arizona was full of snow when we went there last year. (You probably didn't see it if you stayed from Sedona and downward.) We once camped at Big Bend in December and it was probably the coldest we've camped. Daytime was good though.

I've been to Antelope, wouldn't mind going there again though, and all national parks in Arizona and Utah.

I think it's mainly about the weather. Late December is not a good time for this kind of activities, unless it's in Florida.

Either way, thanks for the tips. I'll just hope it's Peach Bowl.

Oct 23, 2016, 10:07 PM

I got an idea! Let's focus on FSU.. if you wanna worry about your itinerary in PHX or ATL welll before we even remotely qualify for those games, you do that!

Just stop wasting this boards time.

Right.

Oct 23, 2016, 10:49 PM

But it never hurts to plan ahead. Of course, unless you don't think about planning a trip in the first place.

Last year, I booked all possible flights, even the flight back from Florida in case we lost. (I have privilege that I can cancel anytime without penalty.) Why do you think I got the flight to Phoenix while several others couldn't?

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic