Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kellen Mond was the best QB on the field Saturday.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 263

Kellen Mond was the best QB on the field Saturday.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:24 AM

Not just in our game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His ability to connect on the tipped ball route was

Sep 10, 2018, 8:27 AM

astonishing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

12 gave him plenty of practice***

Sep 10, 2018, 8:35 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One can not argue with results.***

Sep 10, 2018, 9:09 AM [ in reply to His ability to connect on the tipped ball route was ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope......

Sep 10, 2018, 8:28 AM

He was the best QB/OC combination on the field Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Played clean too

Sep 10, 2018, 8:35 AM

I didn't see him holding a single offensive lineman the whole game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Played clean too

Sep 10, 2018, 9:10 AM

I hate when our offensive linemen get held, those people don’t deserve any affection .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Played clean too

Sep 10, 2018, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Played clean too ]

I hate when our offensive linemen get held, those people don’t deserve any affection .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

credit the Oline they did an amazing job against the top D

Sep 10, 2018, 9:28 AM

line in the country

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

I disagree. He made a lot of plays under pressure either

Sep 10, 2018, 9:46 AM

while being hit or with someone in his face. They also did a good job of moving him as well as him avoiding pressure. Thought it was more about what he did than his oline giving him time or our dline not playing well.

Yep, it was more about those holds giving him

Sep 10, 2018, 9:56 AM

just enough time to find their 13. Dline harassed him all night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Negative...

Sep 10, 2018, 9:42 AM

He made several mistakes... at least 5 I can think of right off the top of my head. All 5 resulted in a TD or drive sustaining first down. And by mistakes, I mean something that every OC and coach will tell him to not ever do that again. He was lucky... extremely lucky... a lot.

He had the stats... but should have had about 2 more interceptions and 5 less completions. And probably a lot less points. The score was much closer than what it should have been.

Our PI penalties didn't help out either

Sep 10, 2018, 9:47 AM

I know of at least one that happened on 3rd down, and they ended up scoring on that drive. A lot went wrong and we got a lucky break at the end of the game.

The plays were made.

Sep 10, 2018, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Negative... ]

Woulda shoulda coulda...

That would be like watching two baseball players.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:05 AM

One guy goes 2 for 5, with 3 strikeouts and hits two bloopers that thankfully land between the infield and outfield. Another guy goes 0 for 5 with all 5 being line drives one being robbed of a home run. Then saying well clearly the guy that went 2-5 was the better player.

You can expand that out over a series or however you want. :)

= Tigers win***

Sep 10, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to The plays were made. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Are you suggesting that he has a particular talent for

Sep 10, 2018, 12:38 PM [ in reply to The plays were made. ]

pinballing his passes off a series of obstacles in order to squeeze them into tight windows?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. That horseshoe from Sat night will inevitably

Sep 10, 2018, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Negative... ]

push through his hemorrhoids and plop out on the ground. No way he can consistently duplicate all those tipped balls and threading-the-needle passes where 2 defenders are in good position, but it somehow flutters through their hands and lands right in the WR's gut. No way. Let's see what his stats are as the season progresses....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Re: Kellen Mond was the best QB on the field Saturday.

Sep 10, 2018, 11:01 AM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2794807-bleacher-reports-week-2-college-football-awards#slide2

Kellen Mond torched Clemson's secondary for 430 yards and three touchdowns, but he did so in the type of lucky fashion that made it seem like something magical was happening.

On the second TD, he was running for his life with Isaiah Simmons blitzing from the outside. Off balance, on the move and about to take a hit, he floated a pass to the goal line that somehow found the hands of a diving Quartney Davis. And on the third TD, which almost tied the game, Mond fired a dart into a nonexistent window for a bobbling catch by Kendrick Rogers.

But it wasn't enough. Despite not scoring a point in the final 16 minutes and giving up 501 total yards, Clemson held on for the win.

He had some luck.***

Sep 10, 2018, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 263
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic