Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Play Dex on Monday...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,399

Play Dex on Monday...

Jan 5, 2019, 1:14 AM

Why should a player have to prove his innocence (prove a negative) rather than the charging body (NCAA) prove a positive? Shouldn’t the burden of proof be on the NCAA? Yes, the drug test came back positive for a “banned” substance, but until the accused has his chance to respond (in appeals, hearings, court, whatever); why is discipline imposed immediately? Guess the NCAA doesn’t care about due process..(or common sense). It’s a shame Dex won’t get to play but I hope he starts a gofundme page for defending athletes against accusations (unproven in court) filed by the NCAA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Play Dex. Tell the NCAA to

Jan 5, 2019, 1:22 AM

pee in a cup themselves. Then serve the referees a temporary restaining order allowing participation due to lack of due process, and do it at the coin toss.

I am sure the California 9th circuit Court of Appeals would accommodate this just to get some prime time air time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be the most cootish thing Dabo could do.***

Jan 5, 2019, 5:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5th and 6th amendments would apply***

Jan 5, 2019, 1:27 AM

I disagree..

Jan 5, 2019, 1:42 AM

The question isn't about intent, but rather a simple fact that substance was present in his sample, thereby theoretically giving him an unfair competitive advantage. That's why he is out.

The argument against you is that there would then have to be a clear line in the sand. I mean, who wouldn't deny testing positive by mistake? So do you let everyone who tests positive play? What happens when a player is proven guilty after the fact but his team won the championship? That's where intent comes in above making it irrelevant.

I don't like it for Dex, but I understand and accept it as long as the same rules are applied consistently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Play Dex on Monday...

Jan 5, 2019, 2:09 AM

If you expect or even think that one of our coaches would pick a fight with the NCAA in this matter, you haven't learned a single thing about our coaching staff through out the years they have coached at Clemson. It ain't going to happen!!! When you choose to fight, know that you will beat who you are going up against before you throw that first punch!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let this rest!! This is not a criminal proceeding........

Jan 5, 2019, 5:15 AM

so the rules of evidence and "innocent until proven guilty" don't apply. There are set and agreed-to procedures and penalties that will be followed if a banned substance is found. These are known and agreed to by all NCAA schools of which we are one.

The burden of proof that they're innocent is on us. Proving guilt (other than the test findings themselves) does not fall on the NCAA.

Two tests found the banned substance so unless we can prove the players didn't knowingly or intentionally take it they can't play. For us to play them would f*** us up more than it would help us.

I wish as much as any Clemson fan they could play but it's time to let this rest as far as the game on Monday is concerned.

Re: Let this rest!! This is not a criminal proceeding........

Jan 5, 2019, 5:23 AM

I guess the 3rd team players who also is suspended had an unfair advantage? Just Big Dex. I get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would violate his agreement with Clemson and the NCAA.

Jan 5, 2019, 5:46 AM

I'm sorry, I seriously doubt he intended to violate rules but this isn't a criminal matter since he's bound by contractual law. It's a civil matter which involves three parties, Dex, Clemson and the NCAA. Though he didn't sign a contract with the NCAA directly he signed with us which binds him to our contract with the NCAA.

The contract says that he's not eligible if he 'X.' He 'X,ed' according to the drug test which would hold because of the two drug screens. If we play him we would violate our integrity by breaking rules.

And son, rules is what we's all about. it's what sets us aside from dem others, it's why these young'uns come to Clemson and why mamas loves us'ns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 6:03 AM

I could see it as risking a game forfeiture.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 5, 2019, 8:03 AM

And forfeit the game by half time!

Jan 5, 2019, 8:43 AM

Dabo might chose to use an old saying I learned in business years ago - "Pick your battles". This battle ain't one of them.

Jan 5, 2019, 8:58 AM

Dabo isn’t going to play Dex. However if he did play him it’s not a cootish thing to do. It is about do you believe and trust Dex and the two others. If they in fact did nothing wrong good lawyers should have the issue resolved sometime before next year. If Dabo played Dex and the other two and they where cleared then there’s nothing the NCAA could really do about it. Yes it’s a fine line Dabo won’t take chances with. But there’s a path in which they could play and nothing happens because there cleared by a judge.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,399
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic