Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pissed at ACC and Duke
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Pissed at ACC and Duke

Nov 8, 2014, 5:39 PM

How in the heck is Duke where they are? How did they get by getting Clemson, FSU or Louisville on their schedule. IMO, even though I love playing FSU each year, I think its a travesty that we aren't in the other division. Another year will go by where we aren't even in the ACCCG just b/c we happen to be in the same division as FSU even though everyone knows we'd shell Duke.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pissed at ACC and Duke

Nov 8, 2014, 5:41 PM

It doesn't matter, you either play FSU during the season or you play them in the Championship game. Either way you're playing them. Divisional strength shifts all the time, we're fine.

If we're going to do anything, I would say the entire ACC should shift into North/South geographical divisions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shifts? When?***

Nov 9, 2014, 9:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2014, 5:43 PM

Duke is the "darlings" of the ACC according to Tommy Bowden and Mac Brown, David Cuttcliffe is the best coach in AMERICA! All this praise and they can't put people in the seats to support them, go figure?

Nov 9, 2014, 9:07 PM

Cuttcliffe does pretty well considering he is at Duke.

How? Cutcliffe.***

Nov 8, 2014, 5:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 8, 2014, 5:47 PM

Get rid of divisions. Every team plays twice every four years. Best two teams (us and Fsu) play in the conference championship. A stupid ncaa rule is preventing this but it's so simple. I can't believe they haven't done it already.

Nov 8, 2014, 5:48 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see everyone go crazy at the end of the season because 4 SECW teams didn't get into the CFB playoff and they push for something like this

Nov 8, 2014, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Pissed at ACC and Duke ]

The ncaa rule is that divisions are required for conf championships. The ncaa is a pile of turd and on its last leg and I bet other conferences are having a similar discussion.

The ncaa really, truly is run by idiots.

Nov 8, 2014, 5:51 PM

It would make it more interesting for everyone IMO. Playing wake and cuse (and ncsu) every year is basically a guaranteed win but it still doesn't help strength of schedule. Everything to lose. Nothing to gain. Mix it up. When else does wake play in front of 80k+ ?

Nov 8, 2014, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Pissed at ACC and Duke ]

How do you know the Tigers and FSU are the two best teams in the conference? Duke beat GT, lets see how the Tigers do against them.

Nov 8, 2014, 6:39 PM

We didn't invite you to our house.Why don't
you take your coot a$$ back to fgf.BTW,clemson
is #19 to#21,Fla.St.is #2 and Ga.Tech is #24.
As of today,Fla.St.and Clemson are the two top
teams.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2014, 6:42 PM

IMHO we are better than 20 in country

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Nov 9, 2014, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Pissed at ACC and Duke ]

If we want to play the game of transitive property, Miami beat Duke, Louisville beat Miami, and we beat Louisville. So we are better than Duke.
If transitive property actually meant anything in football.

So who is better out of: GT, Duke and Miami?

Nov 9, 2014, 8:57 PM

Lol

Nov 8, 2014, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Pissed at ACC and Duke ]

Agree the division thing does not work, just rotate the schedules.

Nov 8, 2014, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Pissed at ACC and Duke ]

Agree the division thing does not work, just rotate the schedules.

It's a Travesty?

Nov 9, 2014, 7:56 PM

Are you actually saying that we should run skeerd to the other "weaker" division? No thanks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Taking the two best teams for the CCG was discussed...

Nov 9, 2014, 8:35 PM

during the past year. I think swafford knows that a Clemson/FSU match would increase the ACC;s income for the bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we would definitely be undefeated right now with Dooks schedule

Nov 9, 2014, 8:40 PM

I wish esecpn would shut up about them jumping us. We play fsu, louisville and 2 teams out of the mini NFL conference. ..what a joke

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So many things to be pissed at the ACC for

Nov 9, 2014, 8:40 PM

and you pick Duke's Atlantic schedule? Priorities.

Well, you can look at it like this...

Nov 9, 2014, 8:45 PM

The national title game featuring a rematch of LSU and Bama is part of what spurred the playoff system. Are we saying we should be given another shot just because we're better than the other teams in the coastal? Isn't that kinda the same thing as what happened in that NC game? We play who we play, we had our chance to win and squandered it. The football powers will not always be the way they are now. Chances are we'd get moved over and VT would become world beaters again...

No one is worried about competition

Nov 9, 2014, 9:16 PM

just want the two best teams to play for ACC title and make the coastal more competitive and not such a joke. Also not fair for GT and Miami who play FSU and Clemson every year, while VT and Duke get BC and Wake

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swoffie could have made this a lot more interesting

Nov 9, 2014, 9:48 PM

by moving the FSU/Clem game to later in the season. Imagine if that game were this weekend, and we were sitting at 8-1. Thanks, Swoffie. Brilliant move!

But don't hate on Duke, they have no more input into their ACC sched than we do. They're just winning the games they play. I think it's pretty #### admirable what Cutcliffe is doing there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic