Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Pinky swear, relationships help Tigers land Alabama recruit with "freakish ball skills"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 6,249

New Story: Pinky swear, relationships help Tigers land Alabama recruit with "freakish ball skills"

Feb 16, 2018, 8:14 AM

Pinky swear, relationships help Tigers land Alabama recruit with "freakish ball skills"

To get a top-ranked recruit out of the state Alabama, a coaching staff has to go above and beyond. A pinky swear and the ability to develop relationships is what helped Clemson land Justyn Ross. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds better

Feb 16, 2018, 8:24 AM

when called a 'Pinky Promise', but no matter as long as he is a Tiger

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Sounds better

Feb 16, 2018, 3:21 PM

Jesus Christ, really?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Pinky Swear...

Feb 16, 2018, 8:28 AM

:)

Re: A Pinky Swear... I Do Here By Pinky Swear.

Feb 16, 2018, 8:29 AM

to pull against Coach K Sunday and at any other opportunity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Pinky Swear...

Feb 16, 2018, 9:47 AM [ in reply to A Pinky Swear... ]

Yes, if you back out of a Pinky swear, you can not be trusted with anything bc you are a stone cold liar!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pinky swear, relationships help Tigers land Alabama recruit

Feb 16, 2018, 8:38 AM

OK, I'm ignorant.. what is 9-man and 5-man Coach is talking about?

Re: Pinky swear, relationships help Tigers land Alabama recruit

Feb 16, 2018, 8:51 AM

Two different wide receiver positions. 9 man is the outside receiver (Mike Williams). 5 man is the inside or slot receiver (Artavis Scott). 9 man is usually taller and goes more downfield. 5 man is usually smaller and runs shorter routes and jet sweeps. If this kid can play both that is great. I think Derion Kendrick can probably play both as well. WRU is still strong!!!

I thought the 5-man was Renfrow's spot?

Feb 16, 2018, 8:58 AM

I might not be remembering this correctly, but I believe the 9 is the outside receiver (Nuk, Williams, Cain, Higgins, Overton..), the 5 is the typical "slot" receiver (Renfrow, Chase..) and the 2 is the hybrid RB/slot WR (Tay, McCloud, Rodgers, Powell, Kendrick..).

So he wouldn't be playing the jet-sweep position. That will be Kendrick. He could play the slot like Renfrow or the outside like Higgins.

And Kendrick could play ALL THREE positions. He is of the same mold as Sammy. Can go up and get it or beat you deep on the outside like Cain. Can beat you across the middle like Renfrow. Or can beat you with the ball in his hands like McCloud.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Xs & Os

Feb 16, 2018, 1:40 PM

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2015/9/3/9231979/2015-clemson-football-season-preview-offensive-xs-and-os

Re: Pinky swear, relationships help Tigers land Alabama recruit

Feb 16, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Pinky swear, relationships help Tigers land Alabama recruit ]

Oh, thanks. I was a track and cross-country guy, not big enough to play football. ;)

What the.....?

Feb 16, 2018, 8:38 AM

My Dear Children....
What the heck is a pinky swear?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Things insurance salesman head coaches do when they

Feb 16, 2018, 9:01 AM

can't talk X's & O's - like playing the 9 man or the 5 . . . . ohhhh, wait . . . .

nevermind. carry on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: What the.....?

Feb 16, 2018, 11:29 AM [ in reply to What the.....? ]

You don't have to accept a double dog dare, but a Pinky swear is on another level. Can't break a Pinky swear with out a serious loss of face.

I truly thought it was an exaggeration

Feb 16, 2018, 9:09 AM

when Dabo quoted "the best has yet to come" but doggone if he hasn't proved it to be true! We are truly blessed and spoiled in Tigernation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

l

Feb 16, 2018, 10:05 AM

Ready for the "pinky swear" scoks to start showing up

Story correction- 5* Derion Kendrick says

Feb 16, 2018, 10:24 AM

Justyn Ross wasn’t the only wide receiver recruited for this class. Also why not use the Rivals 5* designation for Ross? Rivals thought much higher of Ross than ESPN ranking- which lowered the final 247 rank.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Pinky swear,

Feb 16, 2018, 10:44 AM

I'm not sure who that is on the right hand side of the family photo...but I hope he has some eligablity left...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Pinky swear,

Feb 16, 2018, 3:34 PM

He's the Tigers 2021 offensive line.

Pastor Brad Cooper at New Spring ain't gonna like this

Feb 16, 2018, 10:46 AM

Pinky Swears are not permitted in the Kingdom of God.

Matthew 5:33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

(FUNNY FRIDAY MATERIAL)

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

All In

Feb 16, 2018, 11:03 AM

By any other name like pinky swear it still means committed to the Tigers as a recruit and to his development to be his best as a WR at WRU. Ross is the latest example that we have something different than just a great football program with stadium, facilities, coaches. Academics and authentic family and brotherhood is real, not just talk. Credit Dabo and his vision to changing the thinking within and outside. The "best is yet to come" is here to stay, imo.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 6,249
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic