Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I find it both absurd and dangerous that our first game is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

I find it both absurd and dangerous that our first game is

Aug 26, 2019, 10:25 AM

this Thursday and Dabo doesn't even know who the starters are going to be on the defensive line. Has he not been attending practices? It sounds like he's been too busy out on the recruiting trail to take care of his current team and players. Recruiting is important, but this season is more importanter. This is a bad start to what I thought was going to be a good year.

I'm also concerned that if he doesn't name the starters then we'll have like 8 defensive linemen run out for the first play and we'll get a flag thrown for having too many men on the field.

College football is very much a "what have you done for me lately" sport, so I hope Dabo knows those two national championships are in the past and he needs to win a third one this year. Otherwise that seat will start to warm up quickly.

This morning I sent Dabo a fax with what I feel is the preferred depth chart for our first game, with the defensive line starters. I hope he pays attention to it because every year he struggles with releasing an accurate depth chart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I find it both absurd and dangerous that our first game is***

Aug 26, 2019, 10:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Aug 26, 2019, 10:55 AM

Clearly he has bought into the rat poison that we “play nobody”, to the point that they now think that we actually “play nobody”.

We probably need to get the fax machines fired up, so they know they have a game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are

Aug 26, 2019, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I find it both absurd and dangerous that our first game is*** ]

Growing up so fast!!! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bump

Aug 26, 2019, 10:34 AM

so this moran OP can get more TD's

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I think we shood use cp instead of op for THAT guy.

Aug 26, 2019, 10:40 AM

Nothing original about that copy cat or coot poster . . . Whichever you like

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we shood use cp instead of op for THAT guy.

Aug 26, 2019, 10:42 AM

"Copy cat" has lost its negative connotation now that copy cats win national championships.

If only it was the recruiting trail . . .

Aug 26, 2019, 10:39 AM

I don’t like what I’m hearing out of Pickens county

Re: I find it both absurd and dangerous that our first game is

Aug 26, 2019, 10:41 AM

I fear this represents a bigger problem.

I believe Dabo has been to a couple of the practices.

What I think is happening is that Dabo is trying to meddle with the defensive strategy and alignment.

He and Venables must be arguing about personnel which causes the "OR"s on the depth chart.

If this isn't settled soon then we could have a big problem on our hands.

We have clearly never had "OR"s before, so something is definitely up!

On a positive note, it looks like Dabo is not trying to call plays this year since there are no "OR"s on offense.

Aug 26, 2019, 10:45 AM

Thanks for your service, GWP. If you'd like to share that fax number, I've written up my preferred depth chart on the offensive side and also have a couple of sweet plays I wrote down from my JV days that I'd like to share (as well as a youtube link to my neighbor's grandson's film - dude balls out and is only 8 years old).

Could be all the difference down the stretch. You guys can thank me later.

You got two things right.

Aug 26, 2019, 10:51 AM

"absurd" and "dangerous"

Aug 26, 2019, 10:51 AM

Considering Tech's triple-option offense, are you saying 8 defensive linemen is the wrong strategy?

Oh wait...

You definitely bring up a valid point, but in the past BV

Aug 26, 2019, 10:52 AM

has still utilized LBs and Safeties to beat Paul Johnson's triple option and I don't think this year will be any different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Aug 26, 2019, 11:06 AM

It's coach speak GWP, he isn't going to give the GT coaches a list of the weapons he will be using with his first shots bc, if they don't know, there can't be any last minute coaching/advice with their players on how to face that particular player/enemy!!!

Aug 26, 2019, 11:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I've been warning about this for some time.

Aug 26, 2019, 11:24 AM

Last year was just the beginning of our downward trajectory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I've been warning about this for some time.

Aug 26, 2019, 11:25 AM

I know. And Kevin Steele still hasn't figured out how to stop the triple option, either. SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Aug 26, 2019, 12:18 PM

Or the jet sweep.

I agree, and we need no better example than looking at

Aug 26, 2019, 11:27 AM [ in reply to I've been warning about this for some time. ]

our rankings. Dabo has always taken pride in finishing the season ranked higher than our pre-season ranking. But just watch, he probably won't even do that this year.

He's obviously getting too content and comfortable now that he got his big contract. And some of us saw this coming a mile away.

Re: I agree, and we need no better example than looking at

Aug 26, 2019, 11:29 AM

I knew getting rid of Tommy Bowden would come back to haunt us, being the good Christian man that he was.

Screw Calford.

Look, half the teams that play every week are going to lose,

Aug 26, 2019, 11:56 AM

so I mean, what can you do?

Re: Look, half the teams that play every week are going to lose,

Aug 26, 2019, 12:36 PM

Some of you seem to think that Paul Johnson is still the head coach at GT. He is not. As for not giving out our starting Dline, why should he help the other team. If you want to know who is the starting defensive linemen, watch the first time we are on Defense. This will change and we do not play the same lineup all the time. We need to get the season started so all of you worrying sisters can stop wringing your hands. GO TIGERS!

Re: Look, half the teams that play every week are going to lose,***

Aug 26, 2019, 12:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah ok, I'm not falling for that one again

Aug 26, 2019, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Look, half the teams that play every week are going to lose, ]

Paul Johnson has been at GT for many years, and will be there for many more. I hate to say it, but we probably have at least another decade of facing Paul Johnson and his gimmicky triple option offense. Let's just pray we get through the game clean with no injuries from all of their cut blocking.

Sep 4, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to I've been warning about this for some time. ]

Last year was just the beginning of our downward trajectory.

If that leads to NC wins, I'm all in for downward trajectory every season!!! ;) :)

At least we no longer have to worry about dumb announcers

Aug 26, 2019, 12:51 PM

yelling that we are going to get a penalty when Christian Wilkins runs onto the field after every touchdown. They just couldn't seem to fathom that we had put him on the extra point team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 12:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

It's worse than anyone can imagine.

Aug 26, 2019, 1:43 PM

Dabo swaps players constantly during any game. Looks like a man making that kind of money could make up his mind.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 1:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 26, 2019, 2:20 PM

There is a door in the Athletic Offices with your name on it. We are all waiting on you to open it and take your place of leadership.

Pig of GWP's office door in Athletic offices

Aug 26, 2019, 2:32 PM

Re: Pig of GWP's office door in Athletic offices

Aug 26, 2019, 2:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Pig of GWP's office door in Athletic offices

Aug 26, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Pig of GWP's office door in Athletic offices ]

I've never seen a pig of GWP before. This helps when I respond to poasts.

I've been in that office with colleagues...

Aug 26, 2019, 2:48 PM

many, many times.

How much does that job pay?

Aug 26, 2019, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I find it both absurd and dangerous that our first game is ]

Also, what benefits do they offer? I need to consider all the factors before I agree to this job.

Re: How much does that job pay?

Aug 26, 2019, 2:39 PM

Not enough for the value you will bring to the position. Consider it an act of goodwill to the fan base.

I'm all for this...

Aug 26, 2019, 2:40 PM

if it means GWPcoot will be tnetting less.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic