Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pictures of the renovated Littlejohn Coliseum
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Pictures of the renovated Littlejohn Coliseum

Feb 6, 2015, 5:03 PM
Littlejohn2.png(230.7 K)

Love the students around the bottom.

What else will be new besides the suites?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pictures of the renovated Littlejohn Coliseum

Feb 6, 2015, 5:11 PM

There will be areas where people can stand around the upper rim. Although permanent seats will decrease from 9800 to 9000, the total capacity won't decrease that much. All of the behind the scenes stuff will be completely first class.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2015, 5:43 PM

in regard to the students.. if we build it.. .will they come?

yes, i know there are season tix holders/IPTAY donors who don't come (i've missed 3 home ACC games since the 72-73 season and i have about a 90 minute one way drive so don't point at me). but at least the season tix folks are paying for the priv. Simply stated, we are not putting enough butts... students or donors in the seats. I'm not smart enough to know the answer.. but any student who says they don't come because they get poor seats hasn't been many times lately. very few times are students in the upper arena. and we have many donors giving $2-3K in the upper area. its a tough question.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU for your support of the team

Feb 6, 2015, 5:51 PM

That's an impressive record of attendance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2015, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Pictures of the renovated Littlejohn Coliseum ]

When we start winning, seats will fill

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GFY for showing so much support.***

Feb 7, 2015, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Pictures of the renovated Littlejohn Coliseum ]

Feb 6, 2015, 5:51 PM

That looks bigger than the current arena....

Feb 6, 2015, 6:19 PM

What's with all the space between the baseline and the stands? One thing that's awesome about the current setup is the students are practically on the floor with the players.

Ultimately it's lipstick on a pig though. Clemson will never be a basketball school, so renovating isn't going to attract recruits or spectators.

I don't think basketball will ever be bigger at

Feb 7, 2015, 12:50 PM

Clemson than football, nor am I sure I'd want it to be. Basketball can certainly be bigger and better than it has been at Clemson, and it won't get there without better facilities. Basketball may not matter to some Clemson fans, but it matters to most, and most realize there is no reason whatsoever to accept the lie of unavoidable, permanent mediocrity.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

How can you tell from the artist conception, where

Feb 6, 2015, 6:21 PM

the students are? Is it the section colored light blue??

I totally support giving the area down on the floor over to students because many of the schools who take their basketball programs seriously usually do just that.

Duke most prominently, but now UVA has their students down there too.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes the light blue sections***

Feb 6, 2015, 6:40 PM

Looks to be +/- about 1,000 seats or so. I think we'll

Feb 6, 2015, 6:47 PM

always get that many students to the ACC games and the higher profile OOC games. If the cameras are positioned correctly, that will give an excellent perception to the viewing audience.

Now, filling the other 8,000 seats with students and or other fans/donors is going to be the most immediate challenge.

Producing a solid winning team consistently will go along way toward making that happen.

Re: Looks to be +/- about 1,000 seats or so. I think we'll

Feb 6, 2015, 6:52 PM

The students will intentionally be located where the cameras will focus on them. Now, we need to get them to fill those seats.

Feb 6, 2015, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Looks to be +/- about 1,000 seats or so. I think we'll ]

I think that is an old rendering done when they first announced the renovation. The new pictures that came out
today look much different.

Feb 6, 2015, 8:35 PM

Came out today?? Where are they?

well get on board***

Feb 6, 2015, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Looks to be +/- about 1,000 seats or so. I think we'll ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well get on board***

Feb 7, 2015, 12:32 AM

I live 300 miles away ... never missed a game when I was local though and especially when I was a student. And we totally sucked when I was in school 1968-1973.

Re: How can you tell from the artist conception, where

Feb 6, 2015, 7:05 PM [ in reply to How can you tell from the artist conception, where ]

Of the national champions since 2000, here is the break down for where students sit in their home arenas.

Kansas, UNC, Syracuse, UConn, Kentucky, Louisville, and Maryland have end-zone seating for students.

Duke and Florida have sideline seating.

Michigan State's students ring the entire court.

Feb 6, 2015, 7:03 PM

looks shopped

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

That pic is from the plan that would redo the upper part.

Feb 6, 2015, 7:09 PM

That is no longer in the plan now which reduced the budget. The last plan I saw did not have the ribbon bands since they are not tearing out the upper level.

That is really too bad because the pic at the top of this

Feb 6, 2015, 10:09 PM

thread looks a heck of a lot better than the ones that are actually being released now. It looks completely different. The one now looks like same old Littlejohn.

Feb 6, 2015, 10:13 PM
image.jpg(100.6 K)
image.jpg(118.0 K)

That's an old conceptual design. This is what they're going to do now.

How is that different from what we already have other than

Feb 6, 2015, 11:54 PM

changed the door location leading to the locker rooms? And how is that worth the money that is being spent?

I'm hoping that NEW doorway/tunnel leads to ...

Feb 7, 2015, 12:06 PM

... unbelievably state-of-the-art player/coach facilities and wiz-bang features and amenities for the staff and team ... which is really all we've needed in the first place.

Since the last renovation (which corrected the sight lines from the stands) there has really been nothing all that wrong with LJ from a fan perspective. It's not plush by any means, but there really isn't a bad seat in the house the way it is right now.

Spending a lot to change the configuration of the arena isn't going to help all that much to attract great players.

Players are looking for the stuff that impacts them directly. Most of their time is spent outside of the court during actual games.

Re: How is that different from what we already have other than

Feb 7, 2015, 12:21 PM [ in reply to How is that different from what we already have other than ]

LJ from a fan perspective is fine. The renovation needs to mainly fix what is behind the doors. Our player facilities are near the bottom of the league.

null

Why is Rod Hall playing on the wing?

Feb 7, 2015, 12:17 PM

He'll be graduated and off the team by the time these go through. Conspiracy?

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic