Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gut-wrenching situation at UAB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,195

Gut-wrenching situation at UAB

Dec 3, 2014, 10:12 AM

Just watched a video of the UAB president addressing the football team about shutting the program down. Absolutely gut wrenching to hear young men moved to tears about having their second family, in some cases their only family, taken away from them. They sacrificed so much for their fellow player and the greater good. Very sad situation all around for the players, staff and the fans.

I can't even imagine how we'd all feel if we couldn't watch our Tigers play anymore. Keep those young men in your prayers.

Video can be found at: http://deadspin.com/uab-football-players-address-university-president-in-fi-1666027744

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I love this place. I’ve got a spot already picked out where I want ‘em to put me when I die…up there on there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays. Then I wont have to go to heaven. I’ll already be there.”-Frank Howard

Re: Gut-wrenching situation at UAB

Dec 3, 2014, 10:15 AM

think this will be an issue the courts address

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Picked up

Dec 3, 2014, 10:18 AM

Hopefully many of these guys will be picked up on scholarship by other schools. If I was the recruiter at any school, I would look at them. I can't imagince that the NCAA would hold them back. Look at them like JUCO transfers. I don't know if any of them would play at CU, but it might be worth looking at them. I do agree that this is low-rent to pulls these guys dreams out from under them. College football is big money even at the lower levels.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Picked up

Dec 3, 2014, 10:48 AM

NCAA rules allow them to play immediately at any FBS or FCS schools that they transfer too.

And y'all know the whole reason this happened is because Alabama needs more cash.

They have the same Board of Trustees!

Always a positive situation when a cop

Dec 3, 2014, 10:57 AM

has to stand right there, lol. I guess the President didn't feel too safe. How sad....

This video should be the response to anyone that suggests

Dec 3, 2014, 11:29 AM

college football players should be paid. This will be the end result if that were to happen. CFB will be the NFL lite with the handful of schools left that would be able to afford it.

Re: This video should be the response to anyone that suggests

Dec 3, 2014, 12:02 PM

You are so right. A lot of programs will be gone!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,195
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic