Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Philpot reporting Chad Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Philpot reporting Chad Morris

Dec 4, 2013, 9:29 AM

Has no interest in Wake job. Now we wait

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

he's finally right about something***

Dec 4, 2013, 9:31 AM

why would he?

Dec 4, 2013, 9:33 AM

HES NOT GOING ANY WHERE NEAR WAKE>

He coulda had the NCST job last year.

Re: why would he?

Dec 4, 2013, 9:48 AM

he interviewed for the nc state job and DID NOT GET IT. he was NEVER offered the nc state job. he also did not get the two other jobs he interviewed for in texas tech, and s. florida. chad will have to go the smaller program route to get a major job other than the Clemson job. I don't know of any schools being interested in dabo, and seems to like Clemson, so chad will need to look at smaller jobs. there are problems that make it tougher to win at all jobs or they would not be firing their coach and have a vacancy. chad is just not going to get a job like texas or ect. if he does not go the smaller job way he may end up at Clemson till dabo goes.

not what i was told

Dec 4, 2013, 9:39 PM

he was already assembling his staff for NCST. Problem was, they wouldn't pony up $$$$. CCM wasn't interested in negligible raise for the added responsibility....not to mention he still loves calling (pass) plays

Wait for what? Only other open job of note

Dec 4, 2013, 9:34 AM

is Washington and very doubtful he's heading there. Was not a year where many quality jobs were going to open up.

For the next rumorr

Dec 4, 2013, 9:58 AM

probably won't be any

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Philpot reporting Chad Morris

Dec 4, 2013, 9:34 AM

Roy is always on top of the major scoop

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the SMU opening with be a different story!!!***

Dec 4, 2013, 9:40 AM

Re: But the SMU opening with be a different story!!! they

Dec 4, 2013, 9:53 AM

still have football? really? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the Wake job will go to a MAC/Sunbelt level coach who

Dec 4, 2013, 9:40 AM

wants to get into a BCS level conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I the only one that won't be upset if Morris leaves?***

Dec 4, 2013, 9:43 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably not***

Dec 4, 2013, 9:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if i thought dabo would go in a different direction

Dec 4, 2013, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Am I the only one that won't be upset if Morris leaves?*** ]

offensively, i wouldn't be, but i do think he's one of the best at what he does.

i also think he's a d@mn good football coach, but might be inexperienced against teams that can match up in space.

also, i think tajh boyd is a great qb playing in a system he's not best suited to operate.

morris will have two hand-picked talents at qb this spring. i think cole has shown some great strengths, but is another that seemingly doesn't 'fit' the system.

should be interesting what the spring comp at qb brings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. I am glad he came to Clemson

Dec 4, 2013, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Am I the only one that won't be upset if Morris leaves?*** ]

and gave us an offense, but I wish him well in his next endeavor. If he stays, I hope he continues to improve and mature as a college coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then he'll be here a long long time IMO

Dec 4, 2013, 9:57 AM

I predict Dabo will retire at Clemson. He will never be fired. We'll start beating SC more regularly, & we'll win a few championships along the way.

Dec 4, 2013, 9:58 AM

Philpot is small in stature, knowledge, and credibility. he is never right. he is a wccp wannabe. he is a Clemson homer that plays to the heart of the fan base. he can take a mass murder and spin it be a positive for the tigers. he loves on his show all the coaches till they leave and then jumps on board for the new incoming coach and hates on the one that leaves. he will never have inside information because the coaches know he is a joke. why would chad share the fact whether he is or not interested in the wake job with anyone other than dabo or the ad? roy crackpot knows nothing, literally.

Dec 4, 2013, 10:07 AM

I don't know this Philpot guy but no coach in his right mind is going to deny interest or non interest in a job to the media. There are too many things behind the scenes to make this credible.

Tell 'em coot

Dec 4, 2013, 10:26 AM

Where do they find you folks ?

Where do they find folks like you who waste your time

Dec 4, 2013, 10:30 AM

writing the same thing over and over and over again, and contributing nothing to the conversation. Why are you even here? You may not like what people say, but at least they contribute a point of view. You on the other hand, are absolutely worthless. It's unfathomable to me that doing the same thing every day on an internet message board is entertaining to you. What a sad existence.

Couldn't agree more.

Dec 4, 2013, 11:17 AM

Maybe he'll respond to this but I highly doubt it.

seems he only knows a few words.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Philpot reporting Chad Morris***

Dec 4, 2013, 10:16 AM

Dec 4, 2013, 10:17 AM

Thanks for your interest moronic

Dec 4, 2013, 10:52 AM

Hell I knew that when his name was mentioned. Chad probably laughed hysterically and dropped the phone.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2013, 11:51 AM

FWIW, maybe nothing, but Decon Illustrated has his photo on front page, attached story claims their insiders have heard he is interested.

Rarely do you hear of coaches say they have no interest

Dec 4, 2013, 12:11 PM

They'll say they're focused on preparing for blah, blah, blah, but they almost always use such interest from other schools as leverage in their current position.

I don't have an opinion on Philpot but it appears the other poster pointing out his homerism

Dec 4, 2013, 9:50 PM

Nick Saban also said he had no interest in leaving the Dolphins for Bama. A coach may say he's not interested to the media simply b/c he wants his players to remain focused, but more importantly, December is a huge recruiting month. It just looks bad for your top assistant to be going around drooling over every potential job.

I actually think it would be a great opp for Morris. They don't expect much and would give him plenty of time to cut his teeth as a head coach and recruit players to match his system. If he could consistently get them to a bowl game, they'd keep him forever. Tough to win there, but there are worse places to start your head coaching career.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic