Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Phil Prince
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,011

Phil Prince

Feb 28, 2020, 10:28 AM

Former Tiger football player in the 1940's and former President of Clemson University, passed away early this morning. Phil was my next door neighbor and had been in declining health.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Phil Prince

Feb 28, 2020, 10:32 AM

Sorry to hear, Mr. Joe. Prayers for the family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 28, 2020, 10:33 AM

Thanks for posting this. Very sad news. He was a great Clemson man. Prayers sent

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Phil Prince- Captain of undefeated 1948 CU football team

Feb 28, 2020, 10:47 AM

I believe

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 10:35 AM

Thanks for letting us know.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 10:49 AM

May he Rest In Peace.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 10:49 AM

Sorry to hear. Stick with us Joe! You still have much wisdom to impart on the "young people".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 10:53 AM

Very sorry to hear of Phil's passsing.
He was a great Clemson fellow, as well as a great human being.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 10:59 AM

Prayers Joe!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 10:59 AM

Sad news indeed!

Prayers for Jim and Kevin and their families.

Mr. Phil and his late wife, Ms. Celeste, were wonderful Clemson people.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 28, 2020, 12:06 PM

One of Phil's sons and one of my nephews were in the same class in Vanderbilt Law School. That was long before I ever met Phil. Small world.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 11:24 AM

Hope is family finds comfort in a life very well lived.

Mr. Prince’s signature is on my diploma.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 12:04 PM

So sorry to hear this news. I think he was the only offensive lineman to start at Clemson until Hyatt. He and Frank Gillespie were elected as student body leaders. There was another football player, Ray Clanton, who was well liked and led “pool parties” for cadet officers who were full of themselves and needed to be brought down a notch or two and other such shenanigans.

Frank Howard told the story about Dr Poole, the President, saying how proud he was about Phil and Frank , but that Howard should get Ray Clapton under control. Coach Howard Said, “ Dr Poole., Ray Clanton is the reason those boys got elected and now he is a millionaire car dealer in Darrington”.

Those were good days back then too. Looking forward to going to my 70th class reunion in June.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2020, 12:04 PM

So sorry to hear this news. I think he was the only offensive lineman to start at Clemson until Hyatt. He and Frank Gillespie were elected as student body leaders. There was another football player, Ray Clanton, who was well liked and led “pool parties” for cadet officers who were full of themselves and needed to be brought down a notch or two and other such shenanigans.

Frank Howard told the story about Dr Poole, the President, saying how proud he was about Phil and Frank , but that Howard should get Ray Clapton under control. Coach Howard Said, “ Dr Poole., Ray Clanton is the reason those boys got elected and now he is a millionaire car dealer in Darrington”.

Those were good days back then too. Looking forward to going to my 70th class reunion in June.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,011
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic