Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perspective on David Hood’s Article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,878

Perspective on David Hood’s Article

Nov 25, 2018, 9:21 PM

In 1985 I was the assistant sports editor for the Tiger and my friend Foster Senn was editor. We finished 6 and 6 that year and were a really talented team that was under performing. Foster wrote a column late one night (that was always the way we did it) that was critical of the team’s effort. Foster called out that some where not playing as hard as they should. That week’s press conference Danny Ford mentioned that even the school newspaper thought the team wasn’t playing hard and lit into the story.

Now Foster did and still lives the Tigers. We have many hours a week covering the team and was just frustrated at results having just came off probation. I am sure David’s comments were just from the same point of view - critical but from a desire to want better.

Ford never held it against Foster and I am sure he secretly liked the chance to make a point. Dabo might be feeling the same as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perspective on David Hood’s Article

Nov 25, 2018, 9:23 PM

The lives should have been loves although lives is coincidently appropriate.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:27 PM

Tough love.

David is calling it like he sees it and I agree with him.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:30 PM

While I don’t actually agree with David I do understand his point of view and reason for writing the article. All Clemson fan all the time is not what iI want from a journalist.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:36 PM

I think Dabo's reaction is because he was double pissed. 1. for the D's performance even though we easily won the game. 2. for the comments of a few fans about that performance. It may just be a heat of the moment reaction. I love Dabo, but he has had some interesting moments in front of the mic before. This too shall pass.

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,878
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic