Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,021

Perspective

Dec 9, 2018, 3:28 PM

Tua is amazing, and will likely be the first QB drafted next year. But, as a freshman, he sat behind a sophomore Jalen Hurts for the entire season. Trevor on the other hand, came in an took a senior Kelly Bryant’s job. Tua’s progression from his freshman season to his sophomore season was incredible. I can’t wait to see Trevor’s progression next year. Especially considering who all Clemson returns on offense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perspective

Dec 9, 2018, 3:41 PM

Tua no doubt is a great QB. I would not for one second entertain trading Trevor for Tua. As a freshman what Trevor can do mentally and physically is unreal. He is going to be the best QB Clemson has ever produced.

Dec 9, 2018, 3:43 PM

I think you are right. I’ve had many conversations with South Carolina fans about Trevor being better than Deshaun. They all think I am crazy. But his arm talent is unreal.

Dec 9, 2018, 4:02 PM

I agree, but I personally think he would have been farther along if he had started from game #1. I say this only bc if Trevor and KB was that close in fall camp with TL being a True Freshman, and with TL being the future of our team, if it had been my choice, TL would have been handed the ball from game 1 and I would have lived with his results. Some don't think he could have won the A&M game, but he would have been better in the A&M game if he would have been name starter when the team started to work on the game plan for Furman, and taken all the snaps as a starter from that point. And he would be farther along at this point now, and that is my opinion. But I didn't have to take that risk bc I'm not the HC, Dabo is, and I believe he done what he felt was best for the team, and it's easier to make that choice when you don't have to live with the consequences if it fails!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2018, 4:33 PM

100% agree. I was one of few saying it’s clear Trevor was better and should have been the starter exiting the spring. Give him those reps with the 1s that long and he may have played his way to New York this year.

Dec 9, 2018, 4:41 PM

As good as he has been, I was glad KB came back in during the A&M game because it looked like the offense was going nowhere at that point.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2018, 4:43 PM

KB did help save the A&M game for sure. Who knows what happens if TLaw had repped with 1’a from day one but regardless KB helped win that game.

Dec 9, 2018, 5:07 PM

I don't disagree, just saying what if TL would have gotten all 1st team snaps when they started working on a game plan against Furman and A&M....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,021
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic