Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
David Hood article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
lock This topic is locked - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 100
| visibility 1

David Hood article

Nov 26, 2018, 11:29 AM

Am I doing it right? I feel like I did this right. Is this right? I feel like maybe it's not right. Please advise

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: David Hood article

Nov 26, 2018, 11:30 AM

I advise that no advise is needed. Let’s move on

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 12:58 PM

David, do you not think Dabo is not aware of how the defense played? It was like you threw it into Dabo's face. That was my take on it but that is just me. The chicken's QB played the game of his life and still fell 21 point short (should have been more if not for the refs trying to beat the spread).
The safeties had a very bad game but Clemson still won by 21. It will give BV something to work on and fix before the playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 2:47 PM

And when the defense plays great, does that mean David can't ask about that either? Because if David or another reporter led a question with something positive - that would seem redundant since everyone saw the performance . Would the best thing be just to put a mic in front of Dabo and then just post an unedited video/audio/transcript?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just answer this, was there actually a fan that said it?***

Nov 26, 2018, 11:31 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just answer this, was there actually a fan that said it?***

Nov 26, 2018, 11:31 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/This-is-a-loss-to-me-1856612?tstart=960

What about the fans standing in the tunnel?

Nov 26, 2018, 12:01 PM

Did they actually exist? Or was it a bit of journalistic creativity to set up the story?

I didn't even think reporters would make it from the press box to the field. I figured they'd go right from the press box to the postgame press conference.

The whole thing seems like a writer setting the tone of the fanbase rather than the writer reporting on the fanbase's tone.

There’s no way you can read the TigerNet comments during the game

Nov 26, 2018, 12:32 PM

and then seriously claim that DH fabricated that fan attitude. It was all over TigerNet.

Honestly, I’m feel like I’m taking crazy pills this week. Fans were frustrated with a defense that the DC freely admits got absolutely abused Saturday night. There is nothing wrong with that concern when we are hunting such big game. My goodness. Every fan base has overly-entitled fans but considering our recent success, I think the majority of our fans keep an even keel. The defense played poorly and fans were frustrated. This is nothing novel.

null

I just think that David Hood took what was being said

Nov 26, 2018, 12:40 PM

on an anonymous internet message board and personified it with his "group of Clemson fans walking in front of us".

In my opinion, it was a sensationalist article created about a fictional group of fans based on the dregs of the TigerNet message boards.

Well would you look at that. We all have opinions.

Nov 26, 2018, 12:49 PM

My opinion is that a lot of Clemson fans wanted to smash Bentley and the Gamecocks back to the stone ages. And they were robbed of that by a pass attack we couldn’t stop most of the game. I think everyone is happy with the win but it left some questions on the table for the playoffs. I think the coaches agree. I think Dabo used that article to redirect some heat off of his defense and for me, he went a bit overboard. But I think if any oversensationalizing is going on, it’s by a fan base who is blowing this whole thing out of proportion.

null

Re: Well would you look at that. We all have opinions.

Nov 27, 2018, 1:23 AM

The fans or fan base didn't bring this to Dabo in a public media form, so don't put any of this particular incident on any part of Tiger Nation!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Half of Tigernet was saying it Saturday night

Nov 26, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to What about the fans standing in the tunnel? ]

So its not so far fetched that a fan would have said something like that in the tunnel...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Half of Tigernet was saying it Saturday night

Nov 27, 2018, 1:48 AM

How did it get from "A fan" to you people as Dabo stated. But IMO, what "A Fan" was heard saying shouldn't have ever been news worthy enough to put in front of or mentioning to Dabo in front of a public media gathering PERIOD!!! There had to have been some thought of what a statement like that brought up to Dabo in that environment was about to cause knowing that Dabo wears his emotions at the end of his sleeves. It had to be known that it would cause Dabo to blow a gasket unless you knew absolutely nothing at all about Dabo Swenney the HC at Clemson. The man that built this program to where it's at, the man that blown up before about things just as this was, not much of a difference, and I believe personally that is what the statement was made to do, it was meant to test Dabo's opinion of our defensive play. Wrong move at the wrong time!!!

IMO, an apology would be fitting for this situation to Dabo and to Tiger Nation, just saying!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Just answer this, was there actually a fan that said it?*** ]

Go check out Tigers14you® other posts. They are all negative. I would say it was bait.

Was it an Alum or Non Alum?***

Nov 26, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Just answer this, was there actually a fan that said it?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most likely Non Alum***

Nov 26, 2018, 11:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Just answer this, was there actually a fan that said it?*** ]

I have to admit..it was Nikki

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love having a rival who thinks 3 TD loss is a good thing...

Nov 26, 2018, 12:01 PM

You think Auburn fans will ever think losing to Alabama by three touchdowns is a good thing??????

You do a great job overall! The article was like our defense

Nov 26, 2018, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Just answer this, was there actually a fan that said it?*** ]

Not your best effort. Open to criticism.

It was an anomaly ... time to move on.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But Eli was probably thinking it.***

Nov 26, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Just answer this, was there actually a fan that said it?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang...just throw her under the bus!! :)***

Nov 26, 2018, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Just answer this, was there actually a fan that said it?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course there was..were..was..is...yeah.

Nov 26, 2018, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Just answer this, was there actually a fan that said it?*** ]

David told us last night "just go read twitter and facebook during the game" And how it would be unjust and unprofessional for him to not include their feelings during a game in his...article. :/

Go Tigers! U5uC lost by 21! Over TNet Staff's head!

Re: Of course there was..were..was..is...yeah.

Nov 27, 2018, 1:05 PM

Bull-xxxx, dhood doesn't have to repeat what he sees in social media or by alleged nearby fans(not supporters)... and especially in a headline. That grossly exaggerated the situation and was neither truthful or professional!

Nov 26, 2018, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Just answer this, was there actually a fan that said it?*** ]

Actually, that comment was made here on TN before the game ended.

Nov 27, 2018, 1:16 AM [ in reply to Just answer this, was there actually a fan that said it?*** ]

That right there is where I have a problem with the whole thing. Leave the fans out of it, especially if it was a fan posting on T-net bc, you don't know if it's a posing fan wanting to get #### started, or just a fan hurting from seeing the coots score that many points on our D. And now Dabo is feeling that the fan base is dissatisfied with what he has done as the coach at Clemson, and that's as far from the truth as it could possibly be!!!

Nov 26, 2018, 11:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Hang on David, don't move

Nov 26, 2018, 11:34 AM

let me grab my pitchfork and torch, brb...

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'll ask David hood, but I'm pretty sure David hood

Nov 26, 2018, 11:34 AM

understands random riducle from anonymous people .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I'll ask David hood, but I'm pretty sure David hood

Nov 26, 2018, 5:44 PM

Yep. And I’m pretty sure those same folks would never ridicule with such fervor sans the cloak of anonymity. Ah, the internet. It’s one of the greatest inventions in the history of mankind. Unfortunately, it’s one of the worst inventions in the history of mankind.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 11:35 AM

There are no words that serve everyone . Sufficed to say that the more strongly opinionated ( particularly those who feel that theirs are the only valid ones ) were not happy .
I fully expected a few of them to show up at your house last night with pitchforks and torches and stuff .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 26, 2018, 11:37 AM

Elaborate puff pieces only...

Nov 26, 2018, 11:37 AM

some cannot stomach the truth

Re: Elaborate puff pieces only...

Nov 26, 2018, 12:18 PM

David prior to the big game I just wanted Clemson to win period regardless of the point spread These so called Clemson fans who get upset because of the point spread probably have more invested in the game than they care to admit.
I realize that we all have become spoiled with our continued success over the past ten years and as the teams have gotten better and better over this period, so have our expectations But at some point we have to realize that to stay at the top there is going to be games where you just can't keep blowing teams out game after game

Your article while may have been correct on how some people felt, was just to negative to write after our team had just won there fifth game in a row over our hated instate rival. Looks like you fall into the category of a spoiled Clemson fan. You can and should be more more considerate of what it takes to win at our present level. You of all people should remember what we looked like before Dabo. I do

finding a negative thing to write about is the easiest thing

Nov 26, 2018, 11:39 AM

in the world.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: finding a negative thing to write about is the easiest thing

Nov 26, 2018, 11:50 AM

Why don't you do it, then?

don't want to try making it on $12k/year***

Nov 26, 2018, 1:20 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 26, 2018, 11:40 AM

Oh!! Hope you’ve already shaken this off. Folks who appreciate your personal and journalistic contributions will continue to do so.

Trolls will do what trolls do; try to use any sort of perceived fracture in opinion in attempt to create a casym.

Others in between will either be savvy enough or not to realize the difference between justified and feigned outrage.

Thanks for all that you and the TigerNet staff do there David!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 11:40 AM

Keep in mind to be very careful when you decide to "poke the bear." You may have to run if you do.

How clever of you, smh...

Nov 26, 2018, 11:49 AM

at another dim-witted reply

Nov 26, 2018, 11:49 AM

keep it up and you will be taking Corso's place next to Desmond Howard.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 12:04 PM

Say the 2 forth and goals were converted by the Gamecocks and Clemson had a couple failed drives and lost....would you then take a 21 point win in its place. Yes yes yes!!!

It was a win and feels like a win to me.
I don’t feel good about how the defense looked but give S.C. some credit. They gameplanned well and made some plays. I’m surprised NC ST was not able to exploit out safety’s and linebackers in coverage. D did not handle what S.C. came at them with well. Hopefully they will learn and grow.

Nov 26, 2018, 11:53 AM

I'm sure you would have never written that article had you known the way Dabo was going to react to it.

David your article was not OK

Nov 26, 2018, 1:32 PM

Anyone 'Clemson to the core' who felt like winning the SC game by 21 points was a bad outcome is a crazy, unrealistic supporter who lacks perspective. Such fans may need to be tolerated but not in any way encouraged in their negativity.

When it comes to sports fandom, negativity is the opposite of ALL IN. It's not insightful, it's not the whole truth, the real truth and nothing but the truth. It the seed inside the kernel of doubt that robs sport of joy.

It's popular. It's easy. It sells. You can hide behind negativity and think yourself smart. But in the world of fandom negativity is a drag on possibility and not in any way inspiring or useful.

This is my opinion. I could cite chapter and verse on performance, the big picture and so forth, but you know all of that. I could point out that apparently what I call my opinion is also the opinion of Coach Dabo Swinney, but you know that too.

I'm not sure why you asked the question. Were you hoping to get support from people who agree with you? Are you trying to sell something? Did you hope that something good would come from this thread?

I'm a Clemson fan. I am all in. I'm not going to publicly be in any way negative about my team or my support of my team. I've been a supporter for 50 years. I've seen hundreds of games live, home and away, and we've won and lost a lot of them. I've seen most of these games with my crowd of friends who have been as diligent, intent and focused on Clemson as anyone could be. Nearly all of us have spoken to each other in the last 24 hours and the theme of all the talk has been..."Nice win over the Gamecocks." And "I cannot believe or understand the naysayers."

So I thought your article was not ok. You asked.

Go Tigers!!

Nov 26, 2018, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: David Hood article ]

He wrote it after the interview. Good grief

Nov 26, 2018, 11:57 AM

I went back, and reread the article, and the point that seems to be missing to some is not that the game was a loss, but a game like this against a BAMA "would be" a LOSS.
The coots are no Bama, they have no run game. Their defense is head and shoulders above anything Muschump can muster, and for us to beat them, we have to be clicking on all cylinders.
Saturday night we weren't.

what U R referring in your reply required...

Nov 26, 2018, 1:31 PM

synaptic connection, processing information, retrieval & forward thought process by you-some are deficient of these common brain functions; do not assume otherwise.

Nov 26, 2018, 11:58 AM

Still making light of it. Still no accountability. You gave voice to the fringe lunacy that doesn’t deserve a voice. It was irresponsible journalism and the only imaginable reason I can fathom (without a legitimate explanation from you that doesn’t sound like saving face) is that you (and TNET) were searching for clicks on rivalry weekend.

Been on this board nearly twice as long as you’ve been reporting and this is atypical and unacceptable. It takes a lot (A LOT) to get some of us stirred up but you’ve done it, David. If you want to report on an emotional response to the weekend, then write about how you took a shot at the program through irresponsible reporting and the fan base won’t have it. That’s the real sentiment among genuine Clemson supporters, at least the ones who have a glimpse of reality.

The backlash is not undeserved. A little humility will go a long way here, David. A lack of humility will too.

David might as well have asked about Clemson

Nov 26, 2018, 12:04 PM

ing

Re: David might as well have asked about Clemson

Nov 26, 2018, 12:32 PM

I agree

Nov 26, 2018, 11:58 AM

Everything in the article was spot on but the title was kinda stupid.
We won by 3 TDs so no it didn’t feel like a loss .

i liked the artilce you said some

Nov 26, 2018, 11:59 AM

things that needed to be said..fact is if we cant stop the coots low level offense bama and nd will give us even more head aches

Its better to have happened to us now instead of

Nov 26, 2018, 12:06 PM

during a bowl game. The coaches will correct it, the opponents will prepare as if we don't have a secondary and we will take them by surprise. Dabo will bring home the natty this year

And Im not talking about beer

Re: i liked the artilce you said some

Nov 26, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to i liked the artilce you said some ]

That's presumption and not necessarily true. We couldn't stop Pitt in 2016 and stopped Bama sufficiently to win the natty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

different scenario and 100's of new variables

Nov 26, 2018, 1:39 PM

2 I'll mention: more time for correction following Pitt loss & we had a PRIME DW on the roster

Apparently so. Here's the proof.

Nov 26, 2018, 12:03 PM

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/11/181108164316.htm

Dang, another click bait... I fell for it again.***

Nov 26, 2018, 12:05 PM

How witty!

Nov 26, 2018, 12:14 PM

Aren't you clever.

You're doing it

Nov 26, 2018, 12:15 PM

When did you change your name to Brandon Rink?

You may want to lay low for a while...

Nov 26, 2018, 12:15 PM

until this thing blows over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

yeah, watch your back***

Nov 26, 2018, 12:23 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah, watch your back***

Nov 26, 2018, 12:27 PM

Nov 26, 2018, 1:01 PM

Proof read you articles and correct them. Think before you post click bate.

Do it right by letting it die.

Nov 26, 2018, 1:44 PM

I say that as someone who admires your writing and reporting.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Good job showing the humility, I guess

Nov 26, 2018, 1:44 PM

best isn't the standard for journalism. Last week I heard a fan ask for Brice to replace Lawrence. Thank the Lord you didn't hear that.

Nov 26, 2018, 2:13 PM

No David, yore not doing it right. We don't need you to report on what unknown, nutjob fans think of our games. We hear enough of that in the stands,in sports bars, and in church Sunday morning. We want to read what you think of our games based on your interviews with our coaches and players. We want to read what recruiting news you can get from your sources.

As I said in an earlier post I think that since you have a self-proclaimed close relationship with Dabo you need to do an interview with him and either backtrack what each of you said or double down on what each of you said.

Then I will agree that you are doing it right.

GO TIGERS!!!!

Nov 26, 2018, 2:36 PM

I think the biggest issue that most everyone that has a concern with your article is here it is Monday before the Tigers have a chance to win their fourth ACC Championship in row and we are having a discussion over if beating our arch rival for the fifth year in a row by 21 points felt like a loss or not. I grew up in Upstate South Carolina but now live in Middle Georgia. I haven't come to a Clemson game in over 20 years until this past Saturday after my wife and kids surprised me for my 50th Birthday with tickets to the rival game. Growing up, I came to many games but I had never been to a Carolina game. I remember the great times in 81 when we won the National Title and the years when beating Carolina was the high point of the season. Rival games many times (not always) brings out the best in the opposing rival team. This in many ways was Carolina's bowl game so it doesn't surprise me that they brought out their best effort.

Being at the game was awesome. When the Carolina fans hit the exit in the 3rd Quarter after the Tigers went up 42-21, I laughed and told my son that was a pretty sight to see. What we saw Saturday night was history in the making. We returned the favor by beating our rival for the 5th year in a row and finished 12-0 on the season.

So should we feel like a loser? I beg to differ. Ask FSU, UNC, Southern Cal, LSU, Georgia, or even South Carolina fans if they would want to be where we are at. Dabo is right. If going 12-0, beating the Gamecocks by 21 points, with a chance to win a fourth ACC title in row and head to the playoffs for the 4th year in row is not enough then what is good enough. We should be celebrating and counting our blessing that the Tigers have accomplished so much and that we have a coach that has changed the culture at Clemson. Want evidence, just go look at DJ Uiagalelei dad's twitter page. He was amazed at the overwhelming crowd support that surrounded the players during Tiger Walk. Shouldn't we be doing the same by congratulating our team on another awesome season instead having a discussion on if winning by 21 points feels like a loss. GO TIGERS!!!

Message was edited by: DarrenhU30®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 2:41 PM

It is nice to see that a great many people "get it" even if this David Hood person seems too obtuse to get it.

Making this

Nov 26, 2018, 2:55 PM

Kind of personal, aren't you?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Little coot syndrome has gone wild on tnet

Nov 26, 2018, 2:56 PM

Everyone crying about the sky falling and then blaming it on the weather man for reporting it.

Keep giving fighting the good fight David.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep doing what you do. I blame the guy that shoved it

Nov 26, 2018, 3:04 PM

in Dabo's face before the press conference, completely out of context.

The Dude abides

Pretty sure they are the same guy

Nov 27, 2018, 5:20 AM

the story was not enough, getting Dabo "fired up" as he said he loves to do, was the cherry on top.

A journalist's job is to report and that's what you did

Nov 26, 2018, 3:07 PM

You have been a great ambassador to Clemson athletics and from a marketing perspective, this site has been a blessing to Clemson athletics and it's fans. Lest we forget that Mickey Plyler and this site greatly lobbied for Dabo to get a chance a decade ago and supported him through highs and lows. You have been an integral part of Clemson success and media presence with supplying the best fan site (and free) in college athletics. For Dabo to threaten to leave over such an insignificant observation that was only a snippet of the article frankly illuminates some if his flaws. Dabo has been great for the whole Clemson community and saved Clemson football. But he is not perfect. David, don't hang your head in this. Keep up the good work and thank you for all you have done.

Nov 26, 2018, 4:00 PM

I saw a guy after the game that didn’t like the fact we didn’t make a field goal during the game. Nothing but a missed kick. Thinks we will lose not making a field goal. You want his name so you can interview him and write an article? Just saying......

Nov 26, 2018, 4:08 PM

One person's opinion should not make a story when there were about 80,000 who appreciated the win even though there were some concerns.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In order for your comparison to be accurate

Nov 27, 2018, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: David Hood article ]

the guy would need to be surrounded by ten Clemson fans who weren't worried at all.

Nov 26, 2018, 4:46 PM

It's missing that certain je ne sai quois. I don't know. You're getting there. Just keep trying and one day you will have everyone's approval.

Nov 26, 2018, 4:49 PM

Name ANY circumstance when winning should feel like losing.
That was an absurd article.
You should apologize to the coaches and players.

Nov 26, 2018, 5:00 PM

He never said it did.

Nov 26, 2018, 5:20 PM

He said feels like we lost

Nov 26, 2018, 5:48 PM

fake news ... Can not belief anything. Is Dabo really CU coach?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 5:50 PM

Have not seen article. Can u provide a link?

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

A bit of this is self-inflicted by CDS and crew...

Nov 26, 2018, 7:43 PM

Hear me out...
Coach Swinney has done an incredible job with every aspect of the football program. So much so, that when our beloved Tigers don't hold a seemingly (and probably genuinely)-inferior opponent to 2 field goals per game, a large portion of the fanbase that's become accustomed to winning without breaking a sweat suddenly feels let down by the result.

What we (the fans) forget about is how much work these students (mostly kids) put into the preparation of the game and when we don't appreciate the win for what it is, we cheapen the effort of guys who have given up their life for most of the year for our entertainment and so that we can yuck it up with each other here in the TNet interwebs.

CDS's callout was warranted and most all of us deserved it whether we actually made any negative comments or not. It was and is a great reminder to honor these players that represent us - something we all only dream we could have done.

It’s not your fault that Dabo overreacted.

Nov 26, 2018, 7:55 PM

As stupid as that random fan’s comment was, Dabo is smart enough to know that 99.99% of our fans are very positive and supportive. I think he knows that, but he didn’t think about that in the heat of the moment. Instead, he overreacted and threatened to leave. This is the downside to having a coach who wears his emotions on his sleeve (it’s normally a great thing for Dabo, and really works for him).

This will soon blow over. Not a big deal.

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Meh. Dabo is trying, for whatever reason, to scare everyone

Nov 27, 2018, 9:47 AM

into thinking he's leaving for Alabama.

At some point, that shock will wear off.

You know, you can be pompous about this; however,

Nov 27, 2018, 5:17 AM

I am betting that Dabo lost trust in you. You used his passion against him in order to make a story and it ended up hurting his team in the form of this negative, national coverage. You certainly lost my respect, the respect on many others, and probably the respect of some within the program.

Wait a second.

Nov 27, 2018, 9:42 AM

He reported something he heard from a fan, and it's David's fault that Dabo got angry?

Yes

Nov 27, 2018, 9:48 AM

Yes, it was a negative story written to get a reaction. On top of that, he antagonized Dabo with it. IF this fan even exists, it was a fringe "fan". What good did the story do? Did it represent the fanbase as a whole? What was the purpose of the story?

This poast is a win ...

Nov 27, 2018, 9:46 AM

but it feels like a loss.

You put us in the National media again.

Nov 27, 2018, 10:00 AM

Good job

Nov 27, 2018, 10:13 AM

You're my favorite Clemson beat writer by far, BUT......you should really compose an article apologizing to Dabo, coaches and players and Clemson nation as whole for attempting to paint a very passionate, committed and appreciative fan base with a broad brush dipped in the paint of one idiot fan's paint bucket.

Perhaps he should get every article he writes approved by

Nov 27, 2018, 10:17 AM

Dabo FIRST. That would make it easier, huh?

Re: Perhaps he should get every article he writes approved by

Nov 27, 2018, 10:20 AM

This has nothing to do with any approval from any one.

It would save having to write apology articles, wouldn't it?***

Nov 27, 2018, 10:21 AM

Re: It would save having to write apology articles, wouldn't it?***

Nov 27, 2018, 10:27 AM

Or just using common sense and not writing an article that stretches the truth? You're being silly and making a really stupid argument.

Wait a second

Nov 27, 2018, 11:34 AM

YOU'RE the one saying David need to write an apology article; That's the dumbest thing anyone has seen lately.

What is the point of this post?

Nov 27, 2018, 10:32 AM

Seems self-serving and a little antagonistic to me.

I enjoy your articles 99% of the time, David, but I think this one showed poor judgment. To publish comments made to someone else, in the immediate aftermath of a highly emotional event, was unfair to both the speaker and to the coaches, team, etc.

It was kind of a "hey, look at me" move, much like this post, and beneath your normal journalistic integrity, in my opinion. For what it is worth, I support 90% of Dabo's response, too, but I was disappointed in the threat. Knowing Dabo, though, I am sure that he knew some people would disagree with him, but he felt it communicated a message that he wanted to convey to someone, maybe the team.

Strange that this article brought about the first instance I can recall where I took specific exception to something each of you wrote/said. Still, I look forward to your next article and the many that will follow it, and to Dabo's next rant and the many that will likely follow it.

Some people learn from Trump, others don't.

Nov 27, 2018, 10:33 AM

Good work imo.

Nov 27, 2018, 10:56 AM

Why did you do that David!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 11:18 AM

Well David it looks like you might be a little touchy over this subject or else you would not be posting about it.
I guess you could just be fueling the fire to get people to come on Tigernet and keep your name in the news.
But lets say your touchy because some people do not seem to appreciate all your hard work or the ability and talent and effort it takes to do your job.

Maybe you should understand Dabo's frustration of people feeling like a 5th consecutive win over the Gamecocks were a loss.
I also think that many people make sports far to important and feel way to entitled.
Who came up with we deserve to win? We deserve to win by this much?
Personally I thought it was a very entertaining game and fun to watch, Isn't that what sports is supposed to be?
BTW I don't know you and you don't know me and your probably a great guy but I do disagree with your approach on this one... Not that you care or should care..
Have a nice day and Go Tigers!

Nov 27, 2018, 11:49 AM

This is about the appropriate level of professionalism I’d expect from this place.

Go Tigers!!!!!

Nov 27, 2018, 3:32 PM

Beat Pitt!!!!!

Beat Pitt!!!!!

We owe you, Pitt!!!!!!

Want some??? Come get some!!!

We got a Whole Lot of Tigers for your Panthers!!!!!!!

Replies: 100
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic