Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perfect Playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 828

Perfect Playoff

Dec 2, 2018, 9:47 AM

5 Conference Champions
1 Best of Non Power 5
2 At large

If you go 9-3 and win your conference you get in. You are the best non power 5 team and ranked #14 you get in. The “ best teams” article is stupid. In every other sport of you win your division or conference you get in the playoff. Period

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Conference Championships should not get you in automatically

Dec 2, 2018, 9:49 AM

because they are not required. They are an excellent data point that the committee can, and should, use.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Conference Championships should not get you in automatically

Dec 2, 2018, 9:53 AM

But every major conference has a conference championship

By choice.***

Dec 2, 2018, 10:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

YES - mostly they SHOULD - because they already played

Dec 2, 2018, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Conference Championships should not get you in automatically ]

the first elimination round of the conf champ game.

null

Championship games give teams a shot to atone for an

Dec 2, 2018, 10:15 AM

earlier loss. They also give teams a chance to make a statement on the final week of the season. They are a fantastic data point, but are not a mandatory data point. Any argument to the contrary is absolutely false.

Should champions automatically get in? Not under the current system.

I think the OP is talking about a new system proposal***

Dec 2, 2018, 10:17 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either keep it at 4 or get rid of conference championship

Dec 2, 2018, 9:56 AM

games. Make the season more important. Every game is a playoff game for Clemson, that is Dabo's mindset.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perfect Playoff

Dec 2, 2018, 10:03 AM

If that happens, you can kiss exciting non-conference games a goodbye. Why bother?

Dec 2, 2018, 10:04 AM

For the 2 at large seeds...

Dec 2, 2018, 10:22 AM

There are so many reasons it wouldn’t work.

I can start with that you’ll see a lot of players quitting teams to save themselves for the playoffs.

Dec 2, 2018, 10:22 AM

I meant save themselves for the draft.

Dec 2, 2018, 10:47 AM

Nope. Too many 2 loss or worse teams could get in. 4 is the perfect size.

With 4, we’re only debating 1-2 teams for that 4th spot. With 8, there will be so much more debate over even more teams.

A 2 loss Washington team shouldn’t be in playoffs. If Pitt pulled the upset, then still shouldn’t be in playoffs. An LSU or Florida shouldn’t be anywhere close to sniffing playoffs. That’s the garbage that an 8 team playoff brings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 828
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic