Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People need to quit all this worry about recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

People need to quit all this worry about recruiting

Dec 19, 2017, 6:53 AM

Need I remind you...Hunter Renfrow was a walk on. FSU was highly ranked pre-season due to highly rated recruits which went 6-6. Pretty sure Alabama had more 4 and 5 star recruits the past 2 years. UGA has been higher rated recruiting for a few years. I think Ohio State has also. None of it kept Clemson from playing for the Natty the last 2 years and winning it last year. Once again...noone even wanted Hunter Renfrow...period!!! If great recruiting or high draft picks in the NFL were the end all and be all, then Tennessee would be in the playoffs and the Cleveland Browns would be in the Super Bowl. Relax!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great points, but did you really have to bring up the

Dec 19, 2017, 6:56 AM

Browns! ;(

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

While I like your way of thinking

Dec 19, 2017, 7:05 AM

You are dead wrong on Hunter R..............HE wanted CLEMSON. The kid was a good, solid player and had scholarship offers elsewhere. His blood was Orange!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: While I like your way of thinking

Dec 19, 2017, 7:25 AM

He had offers at smaller Colleges, but no major Universities like Clemson. He entered the Clemson program as a walk on, and was later awarded a scholarship at Clemson. I agree he wanted Clemson, but prior to becoming a walk on, Clemson was not offering him a scholarship. He had offers from Appalachian State, Wofford, Gardner Webb, and Presbyterian. He had to pay tuition at first to attend Clemson. He was rated a 2* recruit by Rivals.com.

Re: People need to quit all this worry about recruiting

Dec 19, 2017, 7:18 AM

You can find a couple diamonds in the rough evey now and then but you can’t build an offensive line with them....

Dec 19, 2017, 7:28 AM

Amen

Dec 19, 2017, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Re: People need to quit all this worry about recruiting ]

My point is....FSU had a higher rated recruiting class than Clemson in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017...still, they just went 6-6. Clemson has made the playoffs 3 straight years whil FSU did not. Clemson has a knack for taking a 2* recruit like Hunter Renfrow and have him playing like a 5* recruit.

with all due respect to you and to Hunter

Dec 19, 2017, 7:37 AM

you don't win a national championship with 85 Hunter Renfrows. we turned the corner when we signed our first 5 star o lineman ever in Mitch Hyatt. people REALLY want to sign Mays because he has the possibility of being that kind of player. don't get me wrong, I love Renfrow. he's one of my favorite tigers of all time but if we want to remain at the top, we MUST sign guys like Mays to keep up. I think the fact that UGA is the other school makes it worse because nobody wants to see them take our spot at the top

Re: with all due respect to you and to Hunter

Dec 19, 2017, 7:50 AM

My point is Clemson has signed less 5* recruits than FSU every year since 2013...yet Clemson has gone to the playoffs 3 straight years while the 5* recruits at FSU watched on TV. Recruiting is important, but Clemson became elite by developing lower ranked recruiting teams. If just signing the most 5* recruits were the most important, Clemson would have been watching FSU in the playoffs the past few years.

Re: with all due respect to you and to Hunter

Dec 19, 2017, 7:56 AM

Yea we get that.

But FSU don’t sign 5* talent on the OL and now look at them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

We have to sign great players regardless of star rating

Dec 19, 2017, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: with all due respect to you and to Hunter ]

The truth however, is that most great players have a high star rating.

We don't have to get a dozen 5-star guys, but we have to get mostly 4 and 5 star guys with a few under-rated 3 stars who develop in to great players.

Hunter Renfro's are a temendous anomaly in the process. A 2-star like Hunter Renfor is as rare as a 5-star like Trevor Lawrence. You cannot count on getting them every year.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic